• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Sorry ChiefsGAF, Jay Cutler's inability to give a fuck is about to result in Alex Smith getting paiiiiid

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports contract-year QB Alex Smith is asking the Chiefs for "top-tier" quarterback money in an extension.

Hence the reason talks are "going nowhere," according to multiple reports.

The National Football Post's Jason Cole tweeted Wednesday that Smith "wanted a deal above Jay Cutler" in January, and Cole "can't imagine that has changed."

The Bears recently gave Jay Cutler an annual average of $18.1 million, and Smith is both younger and coming off of a better 2013 season than Cutler, all things considered.

MechDX

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ · 1h
#Browns rookie CB Justin Gilbert limped off field and now has right knee wrapped.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tiny Hands is a better QB than Jay Cutler.

He's also better than Kaep, but we've covered that already.

Good post.

I'd rather have small hands than Cutler. Pair him with a good to great defense and you'll win ball games. You just can't get too far behind.

Cutler is a worse Tony Romo.

squicken

It's still the offseason, Browns should be winning.

Precautionary. Stayed on the sidelines and eventually took off ice pack. And CLE stopped winning offseason the moment Gordon got suspended

----
BovW6-0CMAAx6IU.jpg:large

Backup QB at OTAs

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 1m
"He was proactive and let us know he was going; my advice to him was have fun" - Pettine on Manziel Vegas trip

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 1m
# Browns HC Mike Pettine said his advice to Johnny Manziel on going to Vegas was have fun. Not concerned as long as it doesn't affect job.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot 34s
# browns Pettine said Manziel has been in playbook. One of hardest workers on the team.

Tom Reed ‏ @ treed1919 30s
Joe Thomas says Manziel's Vegas Vacation is a total non issue with team. "It is offseason. You need time to decompress."

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏ @ AKinkhabwala 46s
Mike Pettine said of course he talked to Johnny Manziel abt his Vegas trip. Said he told him: "Be prepared for a lot of questions."

Nathan Zegura ‏ @ NathanZegura 9s
Also have to say, Pro Bowl TE @ JordanCameron looks even better and more polished this year...he is dominating practices in Kyle's offense

Nathan Zegura ‏ @ NathanZegura 11s
He looks faster and more fluid as a route runner in 2014.... @ JordanCameron will be the #1 pass catcher for the Browns if JG misses any time

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 15s
RT @ FSOhioZJackson Kyle Shanahan: Johnny has worked as hard as any quarterback I've ever been around. He's been here all day and all night.
Let's take a break from talking about all your thug teams.

squicken

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns QB Johnny Manziel said I'm going to live my life to the fullest and continue to be committed to team. I don't care what anybody says

He doesn't care what the olds on NFL GAF think!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eh, if he doesn't want to be there anymore, you might as well get something for him. I'd rather have the player ask for a trade so the team could possibly get something in return instead of him just half-assing his way through the season or retiring.

Like Mech said, he can't be traded because of his contract.

Otherwise I'd agree that locker room cancers like Dre should be traded or cut. Sure he's probably been a model player and a great presence in the locker room for the past several seasons but all that matters is what next season will look like.

MechDX

Otherwise I'd agree that locker room cancers like Dre should be traded or cut. Sure he's probably been a model player and a great presence in the locker room for the past several seasons but all that matters is what next season will look like.

Dre's only real option is to retire this year and return next season. Texans can cut him in 2015 with zero cap hit. Which at this point is likely.

Bowser

He looks faster and more fluid as a route runner in 2014.... @ JordanCameron will be the #1 pass catcher for the Browns if JG misses any time

lol wtf kind of prediction is this?

"I predict the Browns second leading receiver from last year will be their leading receiver this year if their leading receiver from last year misses time"

No shit bro.

cdyhybrid

I'm sure they could talk the Lions into it. If they're willing to pay a scrub like Suh that much, they'd probably be willing to pay for an actual good player
for Fatford to overthrow

squicken

lol wtf kind of prediction is this?

"I predict the Browns second leading receiver from last year will be their leading receiver this year if their leading receiver from last year misses time"

No shit bro.

Don't be jealous that people can name two receivers on most every team

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 7m
Aaron Hernandez pleads “not guilty” on 7 charges.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 2m
Suffolk County DA laying out a case where the double murder started over Aaron Hernandez's drink being spilled.

This is going to be interesting

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 14s
Suffolk County DA says Hernandez rolled down his window at the corner of Herald and Shawmut, said, "Yo, what's up now?" and opened fire.

Retweeted by Albert Breer The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe · 1m
Prosecution on alleged murder: RT @GlobeMCramer: "I think I got one in the head and one in the chest," #AaronHernandez told his friend.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 29s
Crazy to think the Patriots signed Hernandez to a $40 million deal six weeks after that.

Dang

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 14s
Suffolk County DA says Hernandez rolled down his window at the corner of Herald and Shawmut, said, "Yo, what's up now?" and opened fire.

Retweeted by Albert Breer The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe · 1m
Prosecution on alleged murder: RT @GlobeMCramer: "I think I got one in the head and one in the chest," #AaronHernandez told his friend.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 29s
Crazy to think the Patriots signed Hernandez to a $40 million deal six weeks after that.

And the Pats gave him a contract extension!

MechDX

And the Pats gave him a contract extension!

In fairness how could they have known? I cant think of one team in the league that could have known what he was doing at that time.

Now the other teams passed on him in the draft because of the rumors of incidents at Florida is fair game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In fairness how could they have known? I cant think of one team in the league that could have known what he was doing at that time.

Now the other teams passed on him in the draft because of the rumors of incidents at Florida is fair game.

Well it's true that the first, second, and third questions about a guy is "Can he play football?"

There are times when I think I could probably sleep at night if Al Qaeda helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl (by producing awesome football players, nothing violent).

Oh don't give this post that look, you people agree with me and you know it.

MechDX

Well it's true that the first, second, and third questions about a guy is "Can he play football?"

There are times when I think I could probably sleep at night if Al Qaeda helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl (by producing awesome football players, nothing violent).

Oh don't give this post that look, you people agree with me and you know it.

You went full EZ. You never go full EZ

jmdajr

Aaron Hernandez decided to KILL TWO PEOPLE because he was mad one of them bumped into him at a nightclub and spilled his drink ... this according to prosecutors.

Nice. What a guy.

But for real. No more Segways for Texans?

Top Bottom