• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

RIP

Also my gawd, just finished episode 9 of Game of thrones s3. Never read the books so wasn't expecting anything. 0_o haven't been spoiled on anything yet

RIP

RIP

Also my gawd, just finished episode 9 of Game of thrones s3. Never read the books so wasn't expecting anything. 0_o haven't been spoiled on anything yet

I still remember the first time I read that, years ago. I put the book down and poured myself a drink. Didn't touch it again for a few days, then the next chapter almost made me throw the book across the room. Spoiler only for those who haven't watched the show, safe for all show viewers:
The next chapter is Arya's where she's escaping The Twins with the Hound, and it's worded in a way that seems like he killed her with an axe blow to the head, but a few chapters later you realize he only knocked her out lol.

Narag

RIP

I still remember the first time I read that, years ago. I put the book down and poured myself a drink. Didn't touch it again for a few days, then the next chapter almost made me throw the book across the room. Spoiler only for those who haven't watched the show, safe for all show viewers:

I didn't believe it actually happened. So much denial on my end. :lol

rando14

Man I remember reading it and being super confused, the whole event was so blurry and fast and crazy. Can't even bring myself to read it again...

squicken

In the GAF thread for people who had not read the books, it was like a cataclysm. It kind of pissed me off the way book readers were in the thread ruining things. It was best observed, not participated in. I think kave in particular was undone by that episode

e: Best just finish season and not read PD's spoiler, BG

BigAT

The next chapter is Arya's where she's escaping The Twins with the Hound, and it's worded in a way that seems like he killed her with an axe blow to the head, but a few chapters later you realize he only knocked her out lol.

Yeah, I did the same thing.
Read the Red Wedding, somehow managed to push through and read the next chapter, then threw my book across the room when I thought he killed Arya too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Next year will be a Colts vs Seahawks Super bowl.

I get along with all of my Seahawk brethren here, and with Narag slowly becoming a Texans fan, I'm close to the only one of my kind left.

I just wanted to say no matter what happens next year, we're all friends, and are all happy as long as the Pats don't make it.

4E5PdZ5.gif

Phoenix is that safe for me to read? On episode 10 now.
Damn I should read these books

It's safe, references something that happened in the episode.

I offer insight n shit through PMs for non-book readers, so if you have questions send me one. I've never spoiled anyone breh, I'm safe (and drug and disease free).

manfestival

RIP Malcolm Glazer

Thank you for keeping the Bucs in Tampa.

Doctors finally released my little nephew but they told him that he has "failure to thrive" at this time and are going to be requesting he goes back often till he shows healthy signs of growth.

Damn it they switched our HR companies at work now I have to sign up for direct deposit again..it better go through this pay period I hate having to go to the bank...

Zee-Row

Banned
The Bucs would of been in Baltimore if Glazer never bought the team. I am eternally grateful to Malcolm for building a nice stadium and keeping the team in Tampa.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In the GAF thread for people who had not read the books, it was like a cataclysm. It kind of pissed me off the way book readers were in the thread ruining things. It was best observed, not participated in. I think kave in particular was undone by that episode

e: Best just finish season and not read PD's spoiler, BG

undone is being nice. I was so fucking upset.

I was lucky though I just missed out on some jackass running into the thread and spoiling it then editing later with "oops wrong thread"

Dez Bryant believes he has earned the right to rank among the NFL's highest-paid wide receivers and hopes to sign a long-term contract extension with the Dallas Cowboys before the season begins.

"Yeah, I deserve it," Bryant told ESPNDallas.com. "I deserve it. I feel like I do. I put the work in. But I let that kind of stuff take care of itself. It is what it is. I let my agent talk about it and give me some feedback."

Pay the man Jerry.

Any ideas? We have walk up music for my softball team, and it's boy band week, so I need a song. I thought "Hangin' Tough" by NKOTB was the obvious choice. Thoughts?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Any ideas? We have Walk Up music for my softball team, and it's boy band week, so I need a song. I thought "Hangin' Tough" by NKOTB was the obvious choice. Thoughts?

Go with something New Edition. Or just say "fuck it" and go with Wham. They're close enough.

cdyhybrid

Eyes in the sports sky
Drones are coming to a sports field near you, and not just for pretty video

LOS ANGELES -- Even though it buzzes loudly and flashes green and red lights, the Phantom drone hovering about 20 feet above a UCLA football field seems to go unnoticed by players completing passing drills at a spring practice.

While non-military drones outfitted with video cameras have provided stunning aerial footage to entertain fans and craft promotional videos, their main use at UCLA is for analytics that cannot be gathered from traditional uses of video equipment.

"Hand placement. Foot placement. Spacing," said head football coach Jim Mora. "When it hovers above the line of scrimmage, you can get a real clear perspective of spacing between your offensive linemen, or differences in depth of the rush lanes of your defensive linemen."

Come on Jimmy, Belichick was on this 15 years ago.

Top Bottom