• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

bionic77

Nope. I can get similar functionality from non-Apple products for lower prices in most cases.
For years there was nothing similar to the MBA. Same with the iPhone.

And there are still clear advantages to certain apple products.

You can't make a blanket statement like that and expect it to be remotely true.

The only product that is really overpriced are their phones and that is true of ALL high end phones except the Nexus and some stuff from China. The margins are insane. But to be fair Apple did invent the current iteration of the phone and tablet and one could say that are reaping the benefits of that R&D now. Or you could say that Apple and Samsung are greedy cunts.

Spinluck

Idk man, I think the phone game is about tied up. No clear advantages.

I think iOS still gets apps first, and still has more support though. But for me personally it doesn't matter since I just use my phone for browsing, GPS, music, and phone stuff.

The only product that is really overpriced are their phones and that is true of ALL high end phones except the Nexus and some stuff from China. The margins are insane. But to be fair Apple did invent the current iteration of the phone and tablet and one could say that are reaping the benefits of that R&D now. Or you could say that Apple and Samsung are greedy cunts.

I still remember my Palm Treo, such an awesome phone, obviously new phones are so much better but at the time I wanted to go back to that phone after having a iPhone,

Greg

holy SHIT... I think it's time I scrap this machine

a few months ago one of the cables snapped while I was working out (bought a new cable, replaced it just fine)

but just now one of the 2 bolts on the base of the frame snapped and flipped the entire thing back while I was on it

a few months ago one of the cables snapped while I was working out (bought a new cable, replaced it just fine)

but just now one of the 2 bolts on the base of the frame snapped and flipped the entire thing back while I was on it
Dude! Be careful, man!

I think All Shall Perish got you a little too pumped...

cdyhybrid

Apple and Samsung are certainly greedy cunts.

I could see the argument when the iPhone and other Apple products were still far ahead of anyone else, but it feels like the competition has caught up to or surpassed Apple at this point.

Now, if they use Beats Music to turn iTunes into something bigger, something that could crush Spotify...

bionic77

Idk man, I think the phone game is about tied up. No clear advantages.

I think iOS still gets apps first, and still has more support though. But for me personally it doesn't matter since I just use my phone for browsing, GPS, music, and phone stuff.
I agree that there is no advantage anymore. Phones are maxed out.

But go back to 2008710 and that shit was mind blowing. Everyone was lightyears behind. Android caught up with ICS and that gen of phones and there is not really any big difference (at least to me) anymore.

Greg

Dude! Be careful, man!

I think All Shall Perish got you a little too pumped...
I think the problem is that it's older than bionic!
ClQlWiX.jpg
the back of it hit my bench which is why it isn't completely flat

Mindlog

RIP Malcolm Glazer

Thank you for keeping the Bucs in Tampa.

Doctors finally released my little nephew but they told him that he has "failure to thrive" at this time and are going to be requesting he goes back often till he shows healthy signs of growth.
It's easy to complain about ownership, but overall I'm happy with how things have turned out. Pour out a Jai Alai.

Wish the best for your nephews.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

This is literally the most frustrated I've ever seen Greg.

edit: If Ez is Ruxin from "The League" then Greg is Chevy Chase from "Caddyshack". I have spoken.

Vyroxis

Banned
Hot pockets and beer for supper, or bar pizza and vodka?

Also, holy christ your machine is old man. Did you dumpster dive that relic?

Greg

This is literally the most frustrated I've ever seen Greg.

edit: If Ez is Ruxin from "The League" then Greg is Chevy Chase from "Caddyshack". I have spoken.
:jnc

Hot pockets and beer for supper, or bar pizza and vodka?

Also, holy christ your machine is old man. Did you dumpster dive that relic?
my uncle gave it to me about 7 years ago, and he had it for who knows how many years before that

I didn't have many free weights at the time he gave it to me, so it was more useful then, but I kept it around because I still liked it for a few things

Is that your gaming PC?
:jnc

Former Dolphins scout (possibly) suing for discrimination after being fired for working remotely to take care of his wife.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...g-from-home-052814?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:nflonfox

A former Miami Dolphins scout has threatened a lawsuit against the franchise and the NFL alleging his recent dismissal violated the Americans with Disabilities Act.
FOX Sports 1 has learned that the attorney for Nate Sullivan sent an intent-to-initiate-litigation letter to the Dolphins and league. The document, which was obtained by FOX Sports 1 and sent via overnight mail Tuesday to the Dolphins and NFL, claims that Sullivan was terminated earlier this month because new Miami general manager Dennis Hickey was unhappy about his remote working status.

A 17-year Dolphins scout, Sullivan began working from home in 2004 to better assist in medical treatment for his wife, JoAnne. She suffers from cystic fibrosis — a potentially fatal lung disease — as well as a debilitating blood vessel ailment (polyarteritis nodosa).
The couple moved to Central Florida in 2006 so JoAnne could receive support from her immediate family in the area, the letter states.

This arrangement was allowed by three former Dolphins general managers: Rick Spielman, Randy Mueller and Jeff Ireland. Ireland quit in January and was replaced by Hickey, who had spent the previous 18 seasons working in Tampa Bay's personnel department.

When he was fired on May 12, Sullivan claims Hickey told him the reason was that working remotely "just did not work for him."

More at the link.

Former Dolphins scout (possibly) suing for discrimination after being fired for working remotely to take care of his wife.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...g-from-home-052814?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:nflonfox

More at the link.

Hmmm I agree with the scout for taking care of his sick wife...but I don't know if that's discrimination if your new employer doesn't want you working from home for whatever reason...of course since it's the Dolphins this will turn into a big drawn out mess...smh damn this franchise...

Edit: If I were hickey I would have let him stay, obviously he does good work being there for 17 years under 3 GMs.

Top Bottom