• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Spinluck

While I was at the mall, I played Mario Kart 8 for like 10mins. I tried as hard as I possibly could to see what GAF was bitching about but couldn't see the duplicate 59th frame or whatever. I squinted, got close, stood far, and couldn't see it. Maybe I don't have the eagle eyes of GAF, but no one said shit about this before that thread.

Conclusion: Ez and Deac got shot down for fucking nothing, and the game will be excellent.

ShaneB

Will be streaming my Madden league game later if anyone wants to watch :) Nervous as hell, but figured it'd be fun to give some folks some football to watch, even if it is video game form.. and the Falcons. Will make a post when I start later tonight.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
All I know about Mario Kart is it doesn't look as fun as Double Dash and Diddy isn't in it.

Better luck next time Nintendo.

DcwDOHk.gif

While I was at the mall, I played Mario Kart 8 for like 10mins. I tried as hard as I possibly could to see what GAF was bitching about but couldn't see the duplicate 59th frame or whatever. I squinted, got close, stood far, and couldn't see it. Maybe I don't have the eagle eyes of GAF, but no one said shit about this before that thread.

Conclusion: Ez and Deac got shot down for fucking nothing, and the game will be excellent.
Wait... eznark and Deacon are banned!? Nooooooo!

Talon

Interesting. Massaquoi and Maponga lined up at SAM and WILL with Bartu and Worrilow at ILB during OTAs with the base unit. Obviously, part of that is Spoon sitting out. But I'm not sure he's going to keep playing SAM with this unit. He provides enough flexibility to play inside and outside.

Other interesting notes:
-Shembo did individual drills with the ILBs instead of the OLBs.
-Osi did drills with DTs and DEs
-Lowery lined up with the first team as expected. meh.

Disclaimer: This is OTAs, so it's not an indication of how involved players are going to be yet. But the Shembo piece actually really surprises me. Osi, you sort of expect as he's not going to make an impact playing half his snaps standing up.

cajunator

Banned

Gaffers even complain about the visuals of Watchdogs. Nobody is satisfied with anything.

Spinluck

I missed it somehow. :(

I wish bros would stop getting banned, especially cool ones.

You or Greg should Ez's PR guy. Anything he posts on Gaming Side must go through you guys.

All I know about Mario Kart is it doesn't look as fun as Double Dash and Diddy isn't in it.

Better luck next time Nintendo.

Double Dash is one of my favorites too. I could always rely on you Bucket.

They don't put Diddy in, but for some reason we get 3 different Marios and baby clones, oh well. You can always use your Mii!

brentech

Tight end Jermichael Finley will undergo testing on his neck with the Green Bay Packers' medical staff Wednesday, according to a source.
Same C3/C4 fusion that Nick Collins underwent. Packers would not clear him. Not expecting much different.

bionic77

SNES MarioKart was the best. It had perfect racing and battle modes. Was also great in single player.

It had the perfect blend of difficulty. Races were so epic in that game.

The N64 game started the trend where they kept widening the tracks too much to accommodate 4 players. That really ruined the game for me. Though the battles in N64 were great, almost as good as they were in N64 and in some ways better because you had 3 other players to yell profanities at.

Never really played a lot of the cube game. The older you get the harder it is to get people to play any game with you. My favorite multiplayer game from PS2 onwards were soccer games and virtua tennis. Speaking of Nintendo the best multiplayer games I played from them on consoles were Wii Sports (Wii Tennis is the best) and Mario Strikers.

Hmm why are vidoegame soccer games so awesome?

Konka

Banned
SNES MarioKart was the best. It had perfect racing and battle modes. Was also great in single player.

It had the perfect blend of difficulty. Races were so epic in that game.

The N64 game started the trend where they kept widening the tracks too much to accommodate 4 players. That really ruined the game for me. Though the battles in N64 were great, almost as good as they were in N64 and in some ways better because you had 3 other players to yell profanities at.

Never really played a lot of the cube game. The older you get the harder it is to get people to play any game with you. My favorite multiplayer game from PS2 onwards were soccer games and virtua tennis. Speaking of Nintendo the best multiplayer games I played from them on consoles were Wii Sports (Wii Tennis is the best) and Mario Strikers.

Hmm why are vidoegame soccer games so awesome?

I like the SNES game too but come how, do you how old this makes you look?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Man, I'm 35 but I still can find people to play local multi with. Though I guess working for game/entertainment companies really helps with that.

Most menacing receiving corps in the league. Defensive coordinators around the league are losing sleep thinking over how to stop these dudes.

They don't have to worry about it, they'll just wait for Cam to self-implode.

bionic77

With age comes wisdom (unless you are Gata).

Been playing games almost since the beginning. I personally feel this gives my opinions on games and other things more weight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
SNES Mario Kart was so good back in the day man.

I remember when I first played and decided to try out 150cc...got my shit pushed in but man building up to it was so fun.

Then came Rainbow Road and I was defeated yet again.

Spinluck

SNES MK was really good. My least favorite is probably Mario Kart Wii, thought it was actually pretty bad.

Mario Strikers was the shit. Soccer games got really good for me in the PS2 era (Madden was actually good back then), and FIFA 10 and World Cup really changed the game for me.

My favorite MP games from Nintendo are probably the Smash games.

bionic77

Never got that into smash though it was fun on the Cube.

Loved the marvel vs games though.

You guys ever play those coop Dungeon and Dragon games? Loved those in college. I was really impressed seeing how well they ran on the Saturn. Needs a release on PS4. Would pay 60 bucks for that.

Top Bottom