• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Talon

I got all the defense I need.

Laptop-Combo-Lock-2__87699_zoom__46976_zoom.jpg
10/10

SNES Mario Kart, N64 Perfect Dark and N64 WWF No Mercy are the GOAT Nintendo multiplayer experiences for me.

Honourable mentions to the International Superstar Soccer series, Smash Bros games and Super Monkey Ball on the Gamecube.

Perfect Dark was the best.

Each bot type had its own distinct personality and play style, something games still can't get right 14 years later.

I know that Rare isn't the Rare of old but a Perfect Dark announcement at E3 would still produce a little frisson of excitement purely from the nostalgia. Loved that game so much.

Konka

Banned
Pyramid map with a buddy against bots with Sentry's and proximity mines or flying a missle through the the whole map for a kill. Hilarious.

Each bot type had its own distinct personality and play style, something games still can't get right 14 years later.

I know that Rare isn't the Rare of old but a Perfect Dark announcement at E3 would still produce a little frisson of excitement purely from the nostalgia. Loved that game so much.

Yeah they were great. Game was waaaaay ahead of its time.

8 MeatSims with N-Bombs. Pure Chaos.

hqdefault.jpg

Spinluck

Gaming had more magic to it back then. Before you grew up and realized how terrible most of these companies are or have become. Last gen in a way is still going on with the annualization of everything, dlc robbery, season passes, long installs and day one patches, and graphic whoring is stronger then ever. The dimnishing returns thing was really true, and there's less and less stuff for them to add. I miss that magic. I like the multimedia features though, really convenient stuff. I still like games, but only a few things catch my interest. Just 2 years ago I was excited for WatchDogs, now I plan on never buying it lol. Infamous SS was awesome though.

Gaming had more magic to it back then. Before you grew up and realized how terrible most of these companies are or have become. Last gen in a way is still going on with the annualization of everything, dlc robbery, season passes, long installs and day one patches, and graphic whoring is stronger then ever. The dimnishing returns thing was really true, and there's less and less stuff for them to add. I miss that magic. I like the multimedia features though, really convenient stuff. I still like games, but only a few things catch my interest. Just 2 years ago I was excited for WatchDogs, now I plan on never buying it lol. Infamous SS was awesome though.

i bought watchdogs on ps4. it's actually pretty awesome. if you liked infamous i think you will like watchdogs

Konka

Banned

The big developers are using the the same innovation strategy as Taco Bell these days. The same ingredients packaged is a few various different shells over and over and over.

Talon

The big developers are using the the same innovation strategy as Taco Bell these days. The same ingredients packaged is a few various different shells over and over and over.
Ubi's being smart with it, though. You need to be modular in order to mitigate risks, but the risk is that games feel a bit samey.

It's still better than EA's strategy of "run it into the ground."

Konka

Banned
Ubi's being smart with it, though. You need to be modular in order to mitigate risks, but the risk is that games feel a bit samey.

Yeah I guess I just miss games like Spyro and Banjo being the focus of the developers. And SSX.

Gimme your gt for fun times

gamertag = Bumcrease

In the UK so time zones would normally be a problem but exams are finished so I'm free to stay up all night and piss about playing games as much as I desire. Except tonight, it's 3:30am and I should have been in bed hours ago because I've got to be up early for a physio appointment.

Going back to school when you're old really makes you appreciate the truly great things in life, little hatchlings like gata don't know how good they have it.

Drakeon

Coulda sworn that was Activisions strategy.

Top Bottom