• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Draxal

How many of you guys have a Vita? Co-worker is going to sell me his today with a 8GB card and a game for 100 bucks. Seems to be a steal from what I can see online. He brought it in today and looks like it's in top condition. I guess I should actually take a look at what's out and coming out for Vita now but for the interim, I expect it will just be my little classic RPG machine. I have a PS4 already too so could get some use of that down the road.

Vita's a nifty machine (Nintendo fanboy here).

Persona4 Golden is worth it alone if you are a JRPG fan.

Sony's digitial license management is much stronger than Nintendo's, but its hampered by how insane the memory card costs are.

Nelson, Finley/Lyerla* + Lacy/Harris = offense I've wanted all along.

* Guy is dumb as a sack of rocks and probably won't play much but hey it's nice to dream of a 2 TE offense.

Syrinx

How many of you guys have a Vita? Co-worker is going to sell me his today with a 8GB card and a game for 100 bucks. Seems to be a steal from what I can see online. He brought it in today and looks like it's in top condition. I guess I should actually take a look at what's out and coming out for Vita now but for the interim, I expect it will just be my little classic RPG machine. I have a PS4 already too so could get some use of that down the road.

You're getting a really good deal if it is in top condition as you say. Haven't played too many Vita games on it; just Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa and Atelier Totori Plus. I hear Tearaway's really good too but I haven't played that. You should probably get your money's worth from the system.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anymore? You got rid of it before good games were coming? =(

uqbAwvg.jpg

You weren't here when BG bought into the hype and got it around launch.

I felt sad seeing his joy and optimism vanish. :(

rando14

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN · 7m
Source: #49ers TE Vernon Davis, absent from offseason program, seeks a new contract.

Lulzzzz numerous Niners holding out for new contracts, could make things tough for Kap's upcoming 20 mil/yr deal :p

I have a vita, that's where I do most of my gaming now, it's my favorite console in a long time.

Greg

get HSG and you're set for life

The Niners need a good defense and OL for that offense to succeed.

Hopefully the FO isn't smart enough to recognize that and pays Kaep and VD mad money.

Nice, glad to hear you are all enjoying yours. I've never played the Persona series but GAF always jizzes its pants for those games so think I'll pick Persona 4 Gold up. I plan on getting all the PS1 era FF games for PSN and Xenogears. I'm bummed the FFX HD remaster isn't cross buy though as I expect the PS3 version will probably be what ultimately works on the PS4 later down the road. I was waiting for that Trails in the Sky RPG to hit Steam but I guess I could get that on my Vita now too. Man, just looking at PS1 games there are some many classics I could grab. Doesn't even matter if the Vita itself has good games or not haha

dionysus

Yaldog
I have a vita as well. I play soundshapes occasionally on the toilet. Great little platformer by the way.

I played it a ton when I was going through P4 and Disgaea 4, but haven't really seen anything since that has caught my eye.

I think he is still on my Wii U friends list. I try to avoid looking at it because 1) BG is still there and 2) the list has about 2 or 3 people total on it...

Also, Squall, Vita is amazing if you enjoy indie games. That's where the majority of support will come from going forward so I wouldn't suggest picking one up unless you like what you see of the current library and enjoy indie games. That said, there should be the occasional Japanese game to come out for it here and there in the next few years, just don't expect a lot of support from Sony or western devs.

rando14

Nice, glad to hear you are all enjoying yours. I've never played the Persona series but GAF always jizzes its pants for those games so think I'll pick Persona 4 Gold up. I plan on getting all the PS1 era FF games for PSN and Xenogears. I'm bummed the FFX HD remaster isn't cross buy though as I expect the PS3 version will probably be what ultimately works on the PS4 later down the road. I was waiting for that Trails in the Sky RPG to hit Steam but I guess I could get that on my Vita now too. Man, just looking at PS1 games there are some many classics I could grab. Doesn't even matter if the Vita itself has good games or not haha

I've gone back and forth on the Vita just to play P4G alone, that game is worth $100 in my opinion!!

Isn't that a thing?

No it's just fried chicken and waffles. It's really good if you get it from a good place!! (not IHOP)

Syrinx

Nintendo's 2012 E3 conference taught me to never get hyped for anything ever. This year's E3 is just around the corner and yet I'm still not excited.

I kinda miss the hype, to be honest. But this way I'm more comfortable with waiting.

Drakeon

Do you have PS Plus? Because you should get PS Plus if you don't. That alone makes the vita worth it. I've got a PS3/Vita/PS4 and it is amazing what a value proposition that is getting 2 free games for each system a month.

I've gone back and forth on the Vita just to play P4G alone, that game is worth $100 in my opinion!!

I hope it lives up to the hype for me! I'm just nervous about the HS SIM aspect of it but I've read that it's not a dating SIM like some suggest and has a full proper RPG experience in there. It's too highly reviewed and well thought of all across the internet to not try. If there are any other RPG gems you guys love for it, let me know.

Do you have PS Plus? Because you should get PS Plus if you don't. That alone makes the vita worth it. I've got a PS3/Vita/PS4 and it is amazing what a value proposition that is getting 2 free games for each system a month.

I do but I honestly never bother paying attention to the free games. I assumed they were all indy games but I think someone mentioned to me that there are full blown retail games too. I'm a little picky with what I play these days but if there are some good classics I'd grab them.

Drakeon

I hope it lives up to the hype for me! I'm just nervous about the HS SIM aspect of it but I've read that it's not a dating SIM like some suggest and has a full proper RPG experience in there. It's too highly reviewed and well thought of all across the internet to not try. If there are any other RPG gems you guys love for it, let me know.

I do but I honestly never bother paying attention to the free games. I assumed they were all indy games but I think someone mentioned to me that there are full blown retail games too. I'm a little picky with what I play these days but if there are some good classics I'd grab them.

All of the PS4 games have been idies so far because there frankly aren't a lot of retail releases yet. However, Vita and especially PS3 get a bunch of retail releases. Vita got Unit 13 last month (a third person shooter) and has Uncharted/Wipeout/Gravity Rush as well (all retail releases and decent to great games).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Popeyes gave me mild strips instead of spicy.

It's like getting to watch the Patriots lose a game instead of the Bears. It could be better but I'm satisfied.

gutshot

Remember how everyone and their mom (me included) wanted the Eagles to sign Jairus Byrd? And then when they didn't you all collectively flipped your shit and I decided to trust that they were making an informed decision?

Well it could be that this is why they decided to pass on committing a ton of money to the guy.

New Orleans Saints safety Jairus Byrd has back surgery, likely out until training camp

I know Payton is downplaying the severity of this, but back issues that require surgery are generally pretty serious. At the very least, I can see how something like this would scare off the Eagles.

Remember how everyone and their mom (me included) wanted the Eagles to sign Jairus Byrd? And then when they didn't you all collectively flipped your shit and I decided to trust that they were making an informed decision?

Well it could be that this is why they decided to pass on committing a ton of money to the guy.

New Orleans Saints safety Jairus Byrd has back surgery, likely out until training camp

I know Payton is downplaying the severity of this, but back issues that require surgery are generally pretty serious. At the very least, I can see how something like this would scare off the Eagles.

Cajun no squee

jnc, I love my vita but nothing is coming out for it. Get one for the games that are already out and for stuff like remote play.

cajunator

Banned
Popeyes gave me mild strips instead of spicy.

It's like getting to watch the Patriots lose a game instead of the Bears. It could be better but I'm satisfied.

even the mild strips are rad. Sometimes I dont want a painful surprise in the morning after work.

Spinluck

Smartass. Actually I am interested in knowing. Not trying to gata you.

It was a match made in heaven really.

When I was a kid my after school program used to got to Dolphins practices, I was never really drawn to them. Kind of hated it actually because I didn't really know what Football was at the time, which sucks because Dan Fucking Marino was on the team then lol. I was such an ungrateful child.

Everyone in my family are Dolphins fans though, and most of my friends are either Dolphins, Giants, or Broncos fans (the rest watch College football). One Sunday I just decided to follow the greatest organization in the history of the NFL, with one of the greatest team owners to ever live, the best uniforms, and haven't looked back since.

As a Colts fan I endured the playoff fuckery, having no defense outside of the 06 playoffs, the long QB drought of 2011-12, and Peyton Manning's game winning TD pass to Tracy Porter in 2010. I have had many chances to Squicken like most Florida sports fans were doing at the time. Like the Coughlin era Jags, when the Bucks were good in the early 00's, or when the Pats duped the league to win 3 SB's (lots of Pats fans down here), but I stayed on the side of light (something you have failed to do, Mech).

So to be honest, I had no real reason besides the fact I didn't care to follow any of the Florida teams. I didn't choose the Colts Mech, they chose me. Pray for my brother though, he's a Jets fan.

Fuck Mel Kiper
Fuck Tom Brady
Fuck Mike Vanderjagt

rando14

It was a match made in heaven really.

When I was a kid my after school program used to got to Dolphins practices, I was never really drawn to them. Kind of hated it actually because I didn't really know what Football was at the time, which sucks because Dan Fucking Marino was on the team then lol. I was such an ungrateful child.

Everyone in my family are Dolphins fans though, and most of my friends are either Dolphins, Giants, or Broncos fans (the rest watch College football). One Sunday I just decided to follow the greatest organization in the history of the NFL, with one of the greatest team owners to ever live, the best uniforms, and haven't looked back since.

As a Colts fan I endured the playoff fuckery, having no defense outside of the 06 playoffs, the long QB drought of 2011-12, and Peyton Manning's game winning TD pass to Tracy Porter in 2010. I have had many chances to Squicken like most Florida sports fans were doing at the time. Like the Coughlin era Jags, when the Bucks were good in the early 00's, or when the Pats duped the league to win 3 SB's (lots of Pats fans down here), but I stayed on the side of light (something you have failed to do, Mech).

So to be honest, I had no real reason besides the fact I didn't care to follow any of the Florida teams. I didn't choose the Colts Mech, they chose me. Pray for my brother though, he's a Jets fan.

Fuck Mel Kiper
Fuck Tom Brady
Fuck Mike Vanderjagt

:jnc

MechDX

Maybe Spin is a big fan of hookers, blow and mind warping player trades?

As a Colts fan I endured the playoff fuckery, having no defense outside of the 06 playoffs, the long QB drought of 2011-12,

If anything fires my hatred of the Colts it is this. Such complete bullshit. Then I smile knowing its the Colts. They will never surround him with great players, o line is still terrible, Lucks new contract is going to make Flaccos contract look laughable in comparison and irsay is a batshit insane meth head.

Meh seems more likely they just fucked up and now are backing into looking good. I refuse to believe that either Howie or Chip could make a smart move.

Giants OTA news for the day:

- JPP is down to 275 pounds (he has played at nearly 290 or the past seasons) and said he is 100% healthy after the shoulder/knee issues last season. He said he'll be playing both sides this season.

- Stevie Brown thought he might end up limited coming off of the ACL tear last season but he is fully participating in OTA's. Feels good. He's rotating in with the 1's along with Will Hill.

- David Wilson has an MRI schedule for June 4th which will inform a great deal about his availability early in the season. They'll tell him whether his neck is ready to go or not.

- Both Will Beatty and Mario Manningham won't work in he OTA's. Coughlin said both would be ready for the fall.

- OL John Jerry will miss spring practices after knee surgery. As well. He should also be available for the fall.

- A majority of the QB reps at practice are going to Eli and Nassib. Painter and Freeman aren't seeing anywhere near as much work. I don't think the Giants are interested in carrying 3 QB's again.:D

Top Bottom