• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Ramona Shelburne ✔ @ramonashelburne

As we reported over the weekend, Ballmer has told Shelly Sterling he would not move the team to Seattle. He also said in an interview w/ WSJ

They're a more valuable club in Los Angeles than they are in Seattle

But at the end of the day, Donald Sterling actually won.

rando14

Ramona Shelburne ✔ @ramonashelburne

As we reported over the weekend, Ballmer has told Shelly Sterling he would not move the team to Seattle. He also said in an interview w/ WSJ

They're a more valuable club in Los Angeles than they are in Seattle

Yeah the Clips ain't moving anywhere. Oh well, I'm willing to accept the fact that we'll have to wait 20 years for a new team!! Thanks Stern, you've taught me the invaluable lesson of patience!!

2 Billion?? Jesus....some said they would be lucky to get over 1 Billion....

Yeah the Clips ain't moving anywhere. Oh well, I'm willing to accept the fact that we'll have to wait 20 years for a new team!! Thanks Stern, you've taught me the invaluable lesson of patience!!

Hey at least you have a shiny new super bowl trophy to hold you over

cdyhybrid

yeah but all those teams are junk in crappy cities

Memphis is decent!
The team I mean

On one hand, it sucks that we won't have him involved in bringing a team up here. But he's a supporter of the NBA in Seattle, so that's one more vote that could potentially help us when it comes to team acquisition/relocation/expansion.

MRSA

Banned
Clippers are just lucky that there are so many squickens in SoCal. The Lakers will remain shit tier for a few more years, by then the Clippers roster will be depleted and Ballmner will relocate them to Seattle ala Sonics 2.0, Shawn Kemp lives on.

R0M.png

lol Gaf works quick

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Drive company into ground, get forced out, have enough money left over to blow $2,000,000,000. CEO's be living the dream.

MRSA

Banned
I had a pretty manly day yesterday:

Sushi all you can eat lunch
Worked on 2 cars
Happy hour and dinner at a Woodranch Grill, where the server proceeded to fuck up my drink twice (I drank them anyways because you all know us alcoholics don't send booze back). How do you fuck up an Old Fashioned?
New X-Men movie
Came home and sipped scotch while watching Mad Men

Was a great day really, only if I were able to fit in golf in the morning or Big Trouble In Little China somewhere in that day, it'd be perfect.

Worked on 2 cars
Happy hour and dinner at a Woodranch Grill, where the server proceeded to fuck up my drink twice (I drank them anyways because you all know us alcoholics don't send booze back). How do you fuck up an Old Fashioned?
New X-Men movie

Was a great day really, only if I were able to fit in golf in the morning or Big Trouble In Little China somewhere in that day, it'd be perfect.

MRSA

Banned
I decided I am going to do NFL-GAF a good deed.

I'm going to employ jak as my booze monkey, he will obtain my booze for me where I will give him a little bit of money and a little bit of booze.

jak gets a job and I remain inebriated, how is it not a win situation?

Worked on 2 cars
New X-Men movie

no manly day is complete until you played a game of grab ass with your bro's. you had a little boy day yesterday

Konka

Banned
Why is that? 4-12 sucked. Last year sucked as well. Any year that the Eagles don't even win a single playoff game is a shitty year. The hope is that last year was the first step in the team getting good again. If you think last year was some great success you are nuts. They got every break a team could get and still barely won the worst division in football. Hopefully they take a step forward this year and actually have a good season.

Yeah 4-12 sucked, nobody is denying that and sure it sucks that they didn't win last year but they had a rookie coach come in that came in and turned 4-12 into 10-6 and blew out all expectations that anyone had of him coming in and all you can manage is to rag on him for a couple moves that were made that you don't like. The endless negatively being spouted is getting tiresome.

Tom Penny

Worked on 2 cars
New X-Men movie

You didn't even hit a titty bar.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Clippers are just lucky that there are so many squickens in SoCal. The Lakers will remain shit tier for a few more years, by then the Clippers roster will be depleted and Ballmner will relocate them to Seattle ala Sonics 2.0, Shawn Kemp lives on.

This is probably accurate.

Just like Khan said he wouldn't move the Jags when he bought that team...it's a hard pill to swallow.

edit: Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman thread in the OT is just asking for some Rex Ryan pictures....

MRSA

Banned
Balmer is dumb compared to Gates and Jobs but if he gets into it I could see him being a great owner.

I am worried as a Lakers fan. Sterling was never going to win shit but Balmer versus Retard Buss is a little scary. :(

Save us Jeanie Buss :(

Godslay

Banned
Clippers traded crazy racist for just crazy

Steve1.gif

I love that speech. Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Yes!

Accurate developer count as well if you sync with the video.

Balmer is dumb compared to Gates and Jobs but if he gets into it I could see him being a great owner.

I am worried as a Lakers fan. Sterling was never going to win shit but Balmer versus Retard Buss is a little scary. :(

I've never had to deal with both of my teams being shit.... :*(

Yeah 4-12 sucked, nobody is denying that and sure it sucks that they didn't win last year but they had a rookie coach come in that came in and turned 4-12 into 10-6 and blew out all expectations that anyone had of him coming in and all you can manage is to rag on him for a couple moves that were made that you don't like. The endless negatively being spouted is getting tiresome.
What do you expect in the off season? Should we all just praise everything that the team does? By golly I am so glad we signed one of the worst safeties in football. I am also thankful that we cut our best WR so that he could help a division rival. I am also glad that they had the biggest reach in the draft. Hopefully they can go 10-6 again and not win a playoff game cause that would be swell.

There really isn't much positive to discuss this offseason but hopefully once the season starts they will wreck the league and we will have tons of positive stuff to talk about.

Tom Penny

I love that speech. Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Yes!

Accurate developer count as well if you sync with the video.

He get's down like Freakshow from Harold and Kumar.

She needs to kill her little brother.

For the good of the family.

For the good of Laker nation.

I propose a google car "accident". The soon to be favored method of assassination in the near future.

Too much legal hassle. Google would never allow that just for the criticism alone. She doesn't have the money to bribe Google like that.

Best cause scenario is have him overdose on drugs. That's easy.... rich white guy in L.A who use cocaine? Pshh that's the norm!

cdyhybrid

If the Clippers do indeed sell for $2 billion, the only teams worth more would be Real Madrid, Man U, Barca, the Yankees, and the Cowboys.

The Clippers.

Top Bottom