• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Btw the offense is looking like shit in OTAs and can't score on the defense. Obviously they're still learning but this offense is supposed to be very fluid, lots of options, multiple decisions etc...can Stafford handle it? I don't know.

We'll be a blueprint for how not to build an NFL team. Can't sign Ebron because Suh wants a billion dollars to get three tackles a game. Secondary should be better than last year but not by much if we can't get to the QB.

Wasting Megatron's prime is a sin and we're about to commit it. 8 wins gentlemen, just watch.

Your posts are a breath of fresh air after the garbage that kas posts.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
by the way, after watching that silly costco prank vid I found this pretty informative and detailed look at how its run and why its so effective. Now I see its like Sams Club Wholesale except possibly better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwJ4PXt3GM
It's pretty much the steam sale of brick and mortar retail, and they get their profit largely from a reliable annual membership fee so the low margins on items don't matter to them. Of course, some items are better deals than others, but for stuff like generic drugs it is impossible to find comparable prices in a supermarket even on heavy discount.

bionic77

whatever gives me another option to avoid Walmart forever.
Happy times. They are building sooo many new things here. I would say the growth is explosive.
Target is Walmart for normals.

Costco is where you get stuff in bulk.

Really worth it for small businesses.

Congrats bro. Make sure there's no Pats merchandize within a 1 mile radius.
Speaking of this, I came home last night to find a Patriots blanket hanging over the window in my child's nursery. Needless to say I was not okay with this, but I have to admit I enjoyed the symbolism of something dark and Patriots related blocking out the light. Sounds about right.

It's going to be a lifelong struggle but there is no way I will let my child become a Patriots fan. She will learn the Truth as soon as she's old enough to comprehend it.

Speaking of this, I came home last night to find a Patriots blanket hanging over the window in my child's nursery. Needless to say I was not okay with this, but I have to admit I enjoyed the symbolism of something dark and Patriots related blocking out the light. Sounds about right.

It's going to be a lifelong struggle but there is no way I will let my child become a Patriots fan. She will learn the Truth as soon as she's old enough to comprehend it.

Is your sister into sports at all? My youngest sister loves football but she's a cowboy fan, my other sister couldn't care less about sports but luckily her husband is a dolphins fan so my nephew is growing up into a dolphins fan.

Is your sister into sports at all? My youngest sister loves football but she's a cowboy fan, my other sister couldn't care less about sports but luckily her husband is a dolphins fan so my nephew is growing up into a dolphins fan.
Neither of my sisters care about sports much. I think my little sister jumped on the Giants bandwagon for awhile back when they were destroying Brady regularly, not sure what that was all about.

You have a brother-in-law that is a Dolphins fan? You are so lucky, man. My only family member who likes the Dolphins is my cousin. I have three brothers-in-law: Panthers fan, Chiefs fan, and Falcons fan. Could be worse, I suppose.

bionic77

My mother has a lot of relatives over and likes to buy things in bulk at Sams. she might switch over.
Same thing.

I always thought Costco was a little better but other people disagree.

I can only go with my sister because I refuse to pay the membership fee. I usually just use Amazon.

Neither of my sisters care about sports much. I think my little sister jumped on the Giants bandwagon for awhile back when they were destroying Brady regularly, not sure what that was all about.

You have a brother-in-law that is a Dolphins fan? You are so lucky, man. My only family member who likes the Dolphins is my cousin. I have three brothers-in-law: Panthers fan, Chiefs fan, and Falcons fan. Could be worse, I suppose.

Sounds like she knows the differences between good and evil, unlike some posters here (mech), yeah I lucked out with my brother in law, he used to live in Miami too so we want to take a trip to watch a Dolphins game, yeah it could be worse...my cousin is a pats fan...and it's all my fault too I invited him to watch the Pats Vs Rams Superbowl even though he wasn't a fan of football....and he ended up picking the Pats :/ Now I get endless texts about how the pats are the greatest ever and how he can't live without Brady...

Congrats Darkest!

Sounds like she knows the differences between good and evil, unlike some posters here (mech), yeah I lucked out with my brother in law, he used to live in Miami too so we want to take a trip to watch a Dolphins game, yeah it could be worse...my cousin is a pats fan...and it's all my fault too I invited him to watch the Pats Vs Rams Superbowl even though he wasn't a fan of football....and he ended up picking the Pats :/ Now I get endless texts about how the pats are the greatest ever and how he can't live without Brady...

Disown him

cajunator

Banned

Pretty much my entire family on my Moms side are Saints fans except my Aunt who actually works at Mile high so she is understandably a big Broncos fan. On my Dads side just about everyone is a cowboys fan, Titans fan, or Redskins fan (most of them live in DC area)
In our immediate area though, everyone flies the Saints banner and gifts Saints/LSU/Cajuns items

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
"FOX Sports 910 in Arizona reports Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington will be suspended for the entire 2014 season."

It's going to be hilarious if the Rams end up winning the NFC West....

Europa Universalis IV for a tenner on Steam, folks.

Great game.

I tend to mostly play with the Kaiserreich mod though. I mostly play as Germany, Prussia, or Brandenburg for all of the Paradox grand strategy games.

rando14

Good morning friends!! It's a beautiful Friday, gotta make it count!!

This cousin of yours sounds eerily familiar... Have you asked him how he feels about... belly rubs?

No excuse, that was the first Super Bowl I ever watched and even then it was easy to see how evil they were.

Bowser

"FOX Sports 910 in Arizona reports Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington will be suspended for the entire 2014 season."

Best ILB in the game right Squall!!?

Pft, cheatin' ass. Kuechly's all natty bro.

edit: ah, not a substance abuse suspension. Still, Kuechly's not deranged like Washington apparently, so that's a win in my book!

brentech

Same thing.

I always thought Costco was a little better but other people disagree.

I can only go with my sister because I refuse to pay the membership fee. I usually just use Amazon.

Big thing I like about Costco, at least the ones I've been to, is that they're clean and bright. Sams Club is a dark, shit everywhere warehouse (at least the last time I was at one).

But yeah, we have a membership and buy a lot of random stuff there. Pretty good deal if you know you're going to use it.

rando14

Great game.

I tend to mostly play with the Kaiserreich mod though. I mostly play as Germany, Prussia, or Brandenburg for all of the Paradox grand strategy games.

Any recommendations on how to learn Europa? It looks really interesting but in the past it's been too pricey to take the leap, I might try it out now!!

Washington pled guilty to aggravated assault last month after he choked out the mother of his daughter, causing her to fall and break her collarbone. Commissioner Roger Goodell is dropping the hammer on Washington if this report proves to be true. Washington was suspended four games at the start of 2013, but that was for a violation of the substance-abuse policy. This impending ban falls under the personal conduct policy. It's a massive blow to the Arizona defense. Washington was a stud in coverage next to Karlos Dansby last season and received excellent marks as a run defender and pass rusher from Pro Football Focus in 2012. Kevin Minter and Larry Foote will have to pick up the slack. Minter played just one defensive snap as a rookie.
Via Roto

Best ILB in the game right Squall!!?

Pft, cheatin' ass. Kuechly's all natty bro.
I'm so glad the Dolphins drafted their own scrappy, high-motor, high football IQ middle linebacker this draft.

aWb7Y.St.56.jpeg

Not the biggest or most athletic guy but the intangibles man, the INTANGIBLES.

Fox318

Great game.

Can I play as America?

I want to spread the glory of Pineapple pizza throughout Europe.

I'm so glad the Dolphins drafted their own scrappy, high-motor, high football IQ middle linebacker this draft.

aWb7Y.St.56.jpeg

Not the biggest or most athletic guy but the intangibles man, the INTANGIBLES.

Zack Thomas 2.0!

No excuse, that was the first Super Bowl I ever watched and even then it was easy to see how evil they were.

He's a guy with questionably morals...frankly I'm not surprised.

Good morning friends!! It's a beautiful Friday, gotta make it count!!

This cousin of yours sounds eerily familiar... Have you asked him how he feels about... belly rubs?

Oh no....

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Any recommendations on how to learn Europa? It looks really interesting but in the past it's been too pricey to take the leap, I might try it out now!!

I think they packaged a tutorial with all of their newer games? I'm not sure.

I initially learned by playing as the Ottomans (back with Europa Universalis 2) since they're pretty interesting and easy to play and are going to expand pretty quickly from the game's onset in 1419 or whatever the start date is these days. Alternatively, try playing Castille since they're pretty set up in the 1400s.

Also learn the cheat codes. EU4 moves a lot slower than a game like Hearts of Iron (WW2 version) so most of the time I end up cheating a bit to make things go faster. I mostly cheat because I'd rather just give myself gold and eliminate the "badboy" penalty that they have built in that limits expansion.

Can I play as America?

I want to spread the glory of Pineapple pizza throughout Europe.

You can but I don't because you only get about 45 years or so before the game ends.... You'll want to turn off the scenario end date if you go that route. The US is a better country to play as in Victoria 2.

I'm trying hard to fight a massive FMT level meltdown right now. Goodell is on a power trip and out of his fucking mind. Anything beyond 4 games is insane but the ENTIRE FUCKING SEASON? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????????????????????? Ray Rice better be forced into retirement then! I'm still largely in denial right now...the court is ultimately ruling it a misdemeanor after he serves his one year probation but Goodell takes away a season?

This fucks us over so bad. Both our starting ILBs from last season gone this year and one of them the best in the game. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm trying hard to fight a massive FMT level meltdown right now. Goodell is on a power trip and out of his fucking mind. Anything beyond 4 games is insane but the ENTIRE FUCKING SEASON? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????????????????????? Ray Rice better be forced into retirement then! I'm still largely in denial right now...the court is ultimately ruling it a misdemeanor after he serves his one year probation but Goodell takes away a season?

This fucks us over so bad. Both our starting ILBs from last season gone this year and one of them the best in the game. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Eh, the fucker shouldn't even be allowed to play again in my book.

Bowser

4Yi28.gif

SonnyBoy

As a previous SAMs member and soon-to-be COSTCO owner, it appears to me that COSTCO has a better selection as it pertains to my buying habits. I saw items in a recent trip with a friend that I'd love to have at SAMs but do not.

That quote is pure bullshit and not how it went down. He came to visit his son and his ex left for the store, D Wash took the kid to get an ice cream cone and upon returning, his ex flipped out that they left and threw a potted plant at him and assaulted him. She has been charged with assault in the past against another ex of hers, she's nuts. D Wash held her as she assaulted him and shoved her off and she fell and hit the pavement. He ultimately plead guilty to a LESSER charge and the court sentenced him one year probation which will become a misdemeanor upon completion. This is insane for Goodell to treat it this way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah that's getting appealed. I'm not sure if the NFLPA is thrilled with that simply because Ray Rice will essentially get away with it...at least it appears that way.

Wrayfield

Did you burn the blanket with hell fire?

Tamanon

Banned
Thanks weinke!!

Dude I'm jelly, I wish I had someone to play tennis with today!! Have fun!!

I'm still pretty perplexed that Godell hasn't done a damn thing about Irsay, owners are supposed to be held to a higher standard no?

Can he even do anything about Irsay? It's a different situation with an owner versus a coach or a player.

I think his point is that Goodell lets other people slide for similar or worse crimes.

Yeah I'm frustrated based on what the court found and their decision, this seems like a gross over-reaction by Goodell and how other guys have been treated and what they've gotten away with...it just doesn't make sense.

Thanks weinke!!

Dude I'm jelly, I wish I had someone to play tennis with today!! Have fun!!

I'm still pretty perplexed that Godell hasn't done a damn thing about Irsay, owners are supposed to be held to a higher standard no?

The owners keep him employed, he won't do shit to them.

Konka

Banned
Don't you ever say I just walked away
I will always want you

I can't live a lie running for my life i will always want you

I'm not saying im on Goddells side but seems like he has a a lot of interesting decisions to make in the coming weeks/months.
Washington
Rice
Irsay
Gordon ( with possibly a new drug policy coming)
Pouncey

Sure to be tons of backlash for the outcomes too
FREE GORDON ! Pls

Top Bottom