• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Bowser

Don't you ever say I just walked away
I will always want you

I can't live a lie running for my life i will always want you

LaxKXdu.gif

Wrayfield

It's going to be hilarious if the Rams end up winning the NFC West....

Great game.

I tend to mostly play with the Kaiserreich mod though. I mostly play as Germany, Prussia, or Brandenburg for all of the Paradox grand strategy games.

I can never bring myself to play those :). Usually played some small Duchy in Crusader Kings.

Can I play as America?

I want to spread the glory of Pineapple pizza throughout Europe.

Expansion for a fiver, I think, haven't played it yet. Also, I thought pineapple pizza was invented by a German dude, or was it Hawaii toast? Don't remember... Either way, evil is evil, no matter where it comes from.

I'm not saying im on Goddells side but seems like he has a a lot of interesting decisions to make in the coming weeks/months.
Washington
Rice
Irsay
Gordon ( with possibly a new drug policy coming)

Sure to be tons of backlash for the outcomes too
FREE GORDON ! Pls

I'm still waiting on his decision regarding Pouncey, and the idiot keeps making it worse too.

Konka hitting the juice early?

I can never bring myself to play those :). Usually played some small Duchy in Crusader Kings.

Expansion for a fiver, I think, haven't played it yet. Also, I thought pineapple pizza was invented by a German dude, or was it Hawaii toast? Don't remember... Either way, evil is evil, no matter where it comes from.

Pretty sure evil originated in boston

I'm not saying im on Goddells side but seems like he has a a lot of interesting decisions to make in the coming weeks/months.
Washington
Rice
Irsay
Gordon ( with possibly a new drug policy coming)

Sure to be tons of backlash for the outcomes too
FREE GORDON ! Pls
Pouncey too for his alleged involvement in the whole bullying thing. Thankfully the Dolphins o-line has near infinite depth so losing him wouldn't be a big deal.

Spinluck

It's pretty much the steam sale of brick and mortar retail, and they get their profit largely from a reliable annual membership fee so the low margins on items don't matter to them. Of course, some items are better deals than others, but for stuff like generic drugs it is impossible to find comparable prices in a supermarket even on heavy discount.

I'm watching this later as I am interested in learning more about them.

I'm trying hard to fight a massive FMT level meltdown right now. Goodell is on a power trip and out of his fucking mind. Anything beyond 4 games is insane but the ENTIRE FUCKING SEASON? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????????????????????? Ray Rice better be forced into retirement then! I'm still largely in denial right now...the court is ultimately ruling it a misdemeanor after he serves his one year probation but Goodell takes away a season?

Why? Both are women abusing assholes, but Washington already had an NFL rap sheet, while Rice did not and has had the charges dropped.

Suspend Rice for 4 games, suspend him for longer, I couldn't give a fuck, but lets not pretend one assault is worse than another.

manfestival

Does any place just let you walk up on your birthday and get free things anymore or is it all "SIGN UP ON OUR WEBSITE"?

Its my birthday and I want free food! Too broke to afford a wii u or video games!

Konka

Banned
Does any place just let you walk up on your birthday and get free things anymore or is it all "SIGN UP ON OUR WEBSITE"?

Its my birthday and I want free food! Too broke to afford a wii u or video games!

Gilette sent me a fusion razor on my 18th birthday and I'm still using it 8 years later.

rando14

Happy birthday snes!!

I'm jk, happy birthday man!! :)

Lol speaking of snes

Bucs Fan @TBBucs4Life · 10h
Dear whoever "SNESlikesthecock" is, eat a cargo ship full of gata dicks.

Haha, the former.

Speaking of the o-line, who do you want at LG, Turner or Thomas? It'll be fun to see how that battle turns out.

I prefer Turner, dude is a mauler and playing between Albert and Pouncey (hopefully) will help him out tremendously, Would be nice is Thomas develops into a right guard though, I don't know how much I trust Shelly Smith.

Wrayfield

Happy B-day. Cheesecake Factory. (Honestly, I dunno US enough but I once went to a CF and the staff sang the song like 10 times in one evening, ha). Prolly only free if you bring a group.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I bought that game, Wrayfield. It better be good!

As a previous SAMs member and soon-to-be COSTCO owner, it appears to me that COSTCO has a better selection as it pertains to my buying habits. I saw items in a recent trip with a friend that I'd love to have at SAMs but do not.

Meh. I find that when a product disappears from one, it will appear in the other within two weeks. They're pretty much identical in my view. I do find the 'Kirkland' brand to be a little better than 'Member's Mark' and apparently the Costco generic drugs are cheaper.

I prefer Turner, dude is a mauler and playing between Albert and Pouncey (hopefully) will help him out tremendously, Would be nice is Thomas develops into a right guard though, I don't know how much I trust Shelly Smith.
Yeah, I'm with you. I'm excited to see how quickly Turner adjusts to NFL level competition. I also think it's a little odd that everyone is just assuming Smith will be the starting RG. It doesn't seem like he's done much in his career to warrant that kind of respect. I guess it's just because he's a "veteran."

cajunator

Banned
Good morning friends!! It's a beautiful Friday, gotta make it count!!

This cousin of yours sounds eerily familiar... Have you asked him how he feels about... belly rubs?

Good morning! Today isnt bad because its not a Friday workday and instead I will just go to my parents place and be a lazy shit and watch satellite TV all day and night.

I'm trying hard to fight a massive FMT level meltdown right now. Goodell is on a power trip and out of his fucking mind. Anything beyond 4 games is insane but the ENTIRE FUCKING SEASON? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????????????????????? Ray Rice better be forced into retirement then! I'm still largely in denial right now...the court is ultimately ruling it a misdemeanor after he serves his one year probation but Goodell takes away a season?

This fucks us over so bad. Both our starting ILBs from last season gone this year and one of them the best in the game. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Sorry to hear that, but in a way, I dealt with a hell of a blow to my team, deserved or not, so I dont have much sympathy Im afraid. These are times that test your fandom.

I'm watching this later as I am interested in learning more about them.

I love documentary shows like this about companies and such. Amazing how much money is spent just researching the right products to buy and right down to the quality of materials and presentation. I saw something about Jack Daniels and how particular they are about EVERY detail and the fanatical consistency. Theres a lot riding on some brands and you can see how important that is to a company.

Happy birthday!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
YMMV on this news report....

NJ.com Article

Marty Mornhinweg on Jets receiver Stephen Hill: 'He has looked just excellent so far'

"He has looked just excellent in these offseason practices so far," Mornhinweg said. "He still has room to progress, so he's got some work. But I've been excited about season thus far up to date in this offseason."

13935787-mmmain.jpg

Happy Birthday!

And here you go: Indulge

Yeah, I'm with you. I'm excited to see how quickly Turner adjusts to NFL level competition. I also think it's a little odd that everyone is just assuming Smith will be the starting RG. It doesn't seem like he's done much in his career to warrant that kind of respect. I guess it's just because he's a "veteran."

That's what worries me about Thomas, they picked Smith over Thomas even though Smith isn't very good, hopefully only the RG is the weakest position on the oline, which after last year is a massive improvement already, but there is no depth there and if someone goes down we are screwed. Armando covered it pretty well here, if Turner and Thomas develop along with Garner as a back up, we could have a decent core with some insurance, but if one or both of those fail...well RIP Tannehill.

MRSA

Banned
Its the eve of my Cake Day and I have to work on my Cake Day. I originally had it off but my counterpart has the dreaded bridal shower, as much as an asshole I am, I didn't want to deny her looking all happy-fun-cajun-like for her bridal show on Sunday morning. So I switched with her, I'm expecting at least a BJ from one of her brides maids.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

This fucks us over so bad. Both our starting ILBs from last season gone this year and one of them the best in the game. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Steelers-west will be fine. You guys signed Larry Foote!
LOL

That's what worries me about Thomas, they picked Smith over Thomas even though Smith isn't very good, hopefully only the RG is the weakest position on the oline, which after last year is a massive improvement already, but there is no depth there and if someone goes down we are screwed. Armando covered it pretty well here, if Turner and Thomas develop along with Garner as a back up, we could have a decent core with some insurance, but if one or both of those fail...well RIP Tannehill.
Yeah, that's alright though. Most teams in the league don't have a super talented backup LT so I think it's a pretty common position to be in. Granted Garner is probably worse than the average backup but still. I just hope it works out, it would be so nice to see Tannehill play behind a mediocre or better o-line.

Yeah, that's alright though. Most teams in the league don't have a super talented backup LT so I think it's a pretty common position to be in. Granted Garner is probably worse than the average backup but still. I just hope it works out, it would be so nice to see Tannehill play behind a mediocre or better o-line.

Yeah if Garner is playing at LT just put in Moore and prepare for the offseason. I keep forgetting Moreno is on the team, that should also help with pass protection as well because Danial Thomas is so bad he wouldn't make it as a traffic cone.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
He has the speed and he is a good blocker, he just needs to get better at running routes and catching.

He's not even that bad at running routes. He just tends to have stone hands. Had them in college at GT and has them in the Pros. Doesn't matter how open you are if you can't catch.

Yeah if Garner is playing at LT just put in Moore and prepare for the offseason. I keep forgetting Moreno is on the team, that should also help with pass protection as well because Danial Thomas is so bad he wouldn't make it as a traffic cone.
No way man, if Philbin goes down he is taking Tannehill with him, lol.

I am excited about Moreno, can't wait to see what he can do for the team. Honestly I am pretty happy with what Hickey has done so far as GM. The team has improved in every single area except for the secondary which is currently an unknown. If Lazor's offense clicks and people stay healthy they have no excuse not to make the playoffs.

EDIT: Forgot about d-line, losing Soliai could hurt. Should still be a strong unit though, especially if Jordan steps it up.

No way man, if Philbin goes down he is taking Tannehill with him, lol.

I am excited about Moreno, can't wait to see what he can do for the team. Honestly I am pretty happy with what Hickey has done so far as GM. The team has improved in every single area except for the secondary which is currently an unknown. If Lazor's offense clicks and people stay healthy they have no excuse not to make the playoffs.

EDIT: Forgot about d-line, losing Soliai could hurt. Should still be a strong unit though, especially if Jordan steps it up.

Yeah that's a good point...I really hope this works out. I think Starks will be fine, the biggest problem with the D-line was the horrible play from the LB group, they couldn't contain/cover or tackle, there is only so much the front can do without help. I saw they moved Misi to MLB and I think Wheeler is going to fight for the weakside position, hopefully that works.

Those two losses to end the season still sting...if we only win one we make it into the playoffs :/

Top Bottom