• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

MechDX

http://grantland.com/features/nfl-stats-predicting-success/

could easily go on with another half-dozen statistics — defensive touchdowns scored, strength of schedule, fumble-recovery rates, injury totals, and team age all come to mind — but you get the picture. There’s still plenty of time to run through the numbers, and I’ll highlight plenty more findings as we get closer to the 2014 campaign. But, in looking at the underlying performances and luck from last season, we can draw a couple of conclusions.

First, the Texans are primed for an immediate comeback toward the middle of the NFL pack, even if the combination of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tom Savage they’ll run out at quarterback might preclude them from being a playoff contender. Virtually every metric I can find suggests they were an underrated and unlucky team last year, and that’s without considering how they repeatedly juggled quarterbacks and quit on their coach. With even average luck next year, Houston should be a 7-9 or 8-8 team. And if it has a few bounces break its way — picture Jadeveon Clowney and J.J. Watt wishboning Andrew Luck — the Texans could very well be next year’s surprise playoff team. Washington and Atlanta were also among 2013’s more unlucky teams.

oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

I wonder if a drafted player has ever been so terrible they get cut before preseason.

Sam Montgomery was a 3rd round pick last year and was cut like week 6. SMH....still don't know who was responsible for that pick..

I thought people would be interested in this thread after our talk about vaccines. Shit is so scary when I think about sending my daughter to public school with kids that might not be vaccinated. Fuck you Jenny McCarthy.

I thought people would be interested in this thread after our talk about vaccines. Shit is so scary when I think about sending my daughter to public school with kids that might not be vaccinated. Fuck you Jenny McCarthy.

My sister almost got caught up in that, I told her if she didn't vaccinate her kid I'd throw child services on her ass, she got it done.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I wonder if a drafted player has ever been so terrible they get cut before preseason.

?

Guys drafted in the third round or later are always cut. Guys drafted in the first two rounds get guaranteed contracts, so they're never cut. Not sure the earliest a guy got the axe, though. The Seachicken already cut one of their guys.

Bad throw, he was wide open and Cam fucked it up.

Clearly not on Brandon.

AWvmhgH.gif

A guy who can't make that catch...shouldn't be paid to make football catches. Here's an even better gif.

cardrop.gif

I'll give you this, Cam is a flamethrower. The guy has no touch on short to intermediate throws. Maybe Lafell will have an easier time catching softballs from Tammy.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 2m
Strong, smart words from GM RT @RossJonesFOX: Keim: "It’s completely unacceptable that Daryl has once again put us in this position."

Good for Keim. Should be pissed off

BigAT

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 2m
Strong, smart words from GM RT @RossJonesFOX: Keim: "It’s completely unacceptable that Daryl has once again put us in this position."

Good for Keim. Should be pissed off

The opposite of Squall's reaction.

Bowser

I knew he was a cheatin' piece of shit!

According to Darren Urban of the team’s official website, Washington was suspended a year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

Luke Da (Completely Clean, All-Natural) Gawd

pOTGe0j.jpg

Those my franchise leaders *tocrying.gif*

The opposite of Squall's reaction.

This came out of nowhere, everyone thought it had to do with the domestic violence dispute. I'm with Keim on this, if he failed a drug test again then he's a fucking idiot. The first time was only pot though, this sounds like maybe it's a PED? Not sure but it has caught me off guard. So basically he's being slammed a year for a repeat offense and that's fair. Well, a whole season still seems extreme but I'll do a 180 from my rage post. I thought it was based on the violence case. Extremely extremely disappointed with D Wash and it hurts when one of your top top stud players screws up so badly off the field. This likely means he'll be suspended in 2015 for the domestic dispute... I don't even know what's going to happen anymore. This hurts though, hurts bad as we don't have enough depth since we lost Dansby too and you aren't going to replace D Wash's talent level to begin with. I was really excited about what we'd accomplish this season too :( We'll still be good but now very grounded. Think I might have to buy another jersey now, can''t wear D Wash's this season with this tomfoolery.

Cajun, can I get a squee and a hug?

If Washington is done for the year on the substance abuse policy, then later on Will Hill. He ain't surviving Goodell with his 3rd or 4th Marijuana issue now.

Stupidity never ceases to amaze. I advocated for his release the last time and frankly the Giants can't keep banking on him to get his shit straight. Cut ties and move on.

BigAT

If Washington is done for the year on the substance abuse policy, then later on Will Hill. He ain't surviving Goodell with his 3rd or 4th Marijuana issue now.

Stupidity never ceases to amaze. I advocated for his release the last time and frankly the Giants can't keep banking on him to get his shit straight. Cut ties and move on.

Sounds like with Hill he either wins his appeal outright or he's no longer a Giant.

cajunator

Banned
This came out of nowhere, everyone thought it had to do with the domestic violence dispute. I'm with Keim on this, if he failed a drug test again then he's a fucking idiot. The first time was only pot though, this sounds like maybe it's a PED? Not sure but it has caught me off guard. So basically he's being slammed a year for a repeat offense and that's fair. Well, a whole season still seems extreme but I'll do a 180 from my rage post. I thought it was based on the violence case. Extremely extremely disappointed with D Wash and it hurts when one of your top top stud players screws up so badly off the field. This likely means he'll be suspended in 2015 for the domestic dispute... I don't even know what's going to happen anymore. This hurts though, hurts bad as we don't have enough depth since we lost Dansby too and you aren't going to replace D Wash's talent level to begin with. I was really excited about what we'd accomplish this season too :( We'll still be good but now very grounded. Think I might have to buy another jersey now, can''t wear D Wash's this season with this tomfoolery.

Cajun, can I get a squee and a hug?

*hugs squally

love ya buddy

cdyhybrid

Cards are a disgusting organization full of woman abusers and roiders.

Feels good to root for a team composed of upstanding citizens and non-criminals.

Top Bottom