• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Giants S Will Hill lost his appeal and will be suspended for the first six games of the season. Lots of talk that the Giants are just going to cut him outright because they're sick of dealing with his shit. They have given him numerous chances, but this is the third time in three years that Hill has been suspended.

Wouldn't blame them one bit for cutting ties. Damn shame, too. The guy is talented. Big hitter, good coverage ability. If he ever got his shit together, he'd be dangerous.

We resigned Stevie and drafted another safety for a reason.

Also, 5 million coming off the books on June 1st for the Giants thanks to the David Baas cut. They'll have a little over 7 million in cap space and I believe all of their draft picks have been signed outside of third rounder Jay Bromley.

rando14

Honestly? You can get a decent looking suit for around that if you know your measurements and can toss in a few bucks to have it brought in by a tailor.

Hit up macys when they do their suit sales.

Yup that's what I did when I needed a suit for school interviews!! I think I paid $250 or so total

Spinluck

Ooooh nice!
Maybe Ill pick them up tomorrow before work.

You better.

Also, in other news, Jerrell Freeman is really good at football. One of Grigson's better moves snatching him for the CFL.

Bo1YY16IgAEDJ7a.png

Bowser

You can get really nice, semi-custom suits for ~$500 nowadays. www.suitsupply.com is a good option. I also really, really like J. Crew's suits, mainly because they fit pretty well off the rack (still get 'em tailored though). I always wait for those rare times when they run 25% off everything sales, that way you can get one for under $500. Otherwise they sell 'em as separates and they end up running closer to $700.

I like to spend money on looking nice though so some people might be like lol wtf at spending $500+ on suits.

You can get really nice, semi-custom suits for ~$500 nowadays. www.suitsupply.com is a good option. I also really, really like J. Crew's suits, mainly because they fit pretty well off the rack (still get 'em tailored though). I always wait for those rare times when they run 25% off everything sales, that way you can get one for under $500. Otherwise they sell 'em as separates and they end up running closer to $700.

I like to spend money on looking nice though so some people might be like lol wtf at spending $500+ on suits.

Yeah that's a good range for a nice suit, anything below (like those 3 suits for 200 or w/e) is cheap crap that won't look good and will fall apart after a few uses. Tailors aren't expensive either,

cdyhybrid

When you are really big or small it is really important to get a tailor though. I'd just stress that.

It's nice to have one. Weddings, special events, dinners, etc.

Hell, I'd say get it tailored regardless of whether you're big or small or not.

....I should have known that there's a thread for this already. Thanks.

Hawks-Age member freenudemacusers is the king of that thread, although I think he's currently banned (RIP).

Spinluck

I like fashion but I hate buying clothing.

:(

I like buying clothing I just don't like handing my money over.

Yup, I'm like, somewhere in the middle of these two things.

The GAF fashion thread is weird, it's like 1 step away from basically dressing like a modern NBA player. I rather stick to shopping clearance at stores that I like, like the cheapskate I am.

EDIT: Suits are fucking awesome, even gata can look good in one.

Nice everything is turning up great for Fins-age.

Rehash the splash 2014!

Nice! Now you can save up and buy the Dolphins from Ross!

And my first move as owner will be to make you GM!

Wooooo congrats!! Party at trejo's, I'm putting a punch bowl on my head!!

Woooo!! Hookers and booze for everyone!! (Gata you get your own hooker you sick twisted reptile)

Gratulationism

Thank you Cajun, *Hugs for everyone!

So tiny moral victory, it was pot again for Washington. All the cheaters still in SEA! D Wash is the real deal talent wise. Too bad he's a fucking idiot. Played a part in costing us the play offs missing the first four weeks last year due to weed and now could again missing the whole damn season. How are us fans supposed to take your apology and declaration to be smarter and more mature going forward seriously when you said the same shit last year? The NFL's policy against weed is utterly ridiculous and needs to go away, but it's still currently a rule no matter how senseless and you have to play by the rules (unless you play for SEA or NE).

*hugs squally

love ya buddy

Thanks buddy! I feel much better now. I'm going to finally catch Xmen tonight and a buddy of mine just picked up Mario Kart 8 so should be a fun weekend.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That thread will get you looking like buckethead.

Okay yeah I'm out.

I looked at about 10 pages and the only stuff I even remotely liked was stuff that that poster Alucrid was wearing.

I swear I saw outfits in there that looked like medieval tunics or something.

Screw it, I'll just buy a dozen polos and plaid button ups from Express or something.

Okay yeah I'm out.

I looked at about 10 pages and the only stuff I even remotely liked was stuff that that poster Alucrid was wearing.

Screw it, I'll just buy a dozen polos and plaid button ups from Express or something.
*Looks at OP*

tumblr_n1u9cr2y4Z1qg4knho1_1280.jpg

*closes tab*

cajunator

Banned
So tiny moral victory, it was pot again for Washington. All the cheaters still in SEA! D Wash is the real deal talent wise. Too bad he's a fucking idiot. Played a part in costing us the play offs missing the first four weeks last year due to weed and now could again missing the whole damn season. How are us fans supposed to take your apology and declaration to be smarter and more mature going forward seriously when you said the same shit last year? The NFL's policy against weed is utterly ridiculous and needs to go away, but it's still currently a rule no matter how senseless and you have to play by the rules (unless you play for SEA or NE).

Thanks buddy! I feel much better now. I'm going to finally catch Xmen tonight and a buddy of mine just picked up Mario Kart 8 so should be a fun weekend.

The Xmen movie was pretty awesome. I missed a lot of the first three movies but I understood a lot of it.

Konka

Banned
Okay yeah I'm out.

Yeah dude. Macy's has solid color v-neck t-shirts for like $10

Okay yeah I'm out.

You don't have a particular style you've always liked that you could try now? You could always get a lady friend to go shopping with you BUT it has to be strictly a friend and not someone that you would date because you don't want her dressing you for herself, she's just there to give you pointers.

Accounting brother! Congrats

Thank you!

Duuuuuuuude, yes!

Should I cut Tannehill?

Only if you can clone a young Dan Marino, otherwise we ride with Tannehill!

We are coming for the pats this year.

th

:jnc

Take your co-worker out to a fancy restaurant this time, no more nachos for you breh
6uHFm.png

Congrats

Congrats, Chris!

But what's fancier then nachos?? And Thanks!

Bring Tannehill's wife to your party Trejo!!

god damn it Bucket

Invite already sent! And holy crap is that what they recommend as fashion!?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah dude. Macy's has solid color v-neck t-shirts for like $10

Yeah I might just stick with department store and chain store clothing.

You don't have a particular style you've always liked that you could try now? You could always get a lady friend to go shopping with you BUT it has to be strictly a friend and not someone that you would date because you don't want her dressing you for herself, she's just there to give you pointers.

Invite already sent! And holy crap is that what they recommend as fashion!?

No lady friends in Texas, they're all back in Arkansas.

And yeah, that's the kind of thing that they talk about in there. I'm not sure if they actually wear any of that stuff but those styles are "too future" for me I guess?

Regardless, I'd say 95-99% of men (just from looking around) wear pretty much whatever.

Now that's an avatar for a bet waiting to happen.

Looks like it's official!

Miami Herald said:
The sale of the Dolphins continued on its bizarre journey late Friday evening when representatives of owner Stephen M. Ross sent out a media release that the Ross family trust has agreed to sell the team to former LA Accounting Overlord chris.trejo for $2 billion.

“I am delighted that we are selling the team to chris, who will be a terrific owner,” Ross said in a statement. “We have worked for 7 years to build the Dolphins into a premiere NFL franchise. I am confident that chris will take the team to new levels of success.”

I'm thinking about hiring Fantomex as HC but we'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom