• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Spinluck

Apple is having a conference right now. And you're supposed to care because Apple fanboys don't understand how you could possibly not be one of them. Not anyone in this thread, but that OT thread is wild.

It's like that epilepsy-inducing Raptor Jesus .gif in there.

I don't really care which brand phone I use as long as it is functional and gets the job done. As in every task I throw at it. If the iPhone 6 blows me away I would probably buy it (hope it gets that bigger screen for sure). If not, I will probably continue to avoid contracts because they're evil.

But man, going through that Apple thread was terrible. The ones on GAF are pretty bad. Some of the Android fans here can be a bit much too, and it's this huge battle of superiority complexes. They're all blowing their load over EA bringing some engine over to iOS and taking shots at Wii U even though the Wii U has had incredible games without this engine.

I will never understand this mindset of actively, and willingly rooting for a company as if they were a sports team. I can get being a fan of their products, but their approach is a bit much. At least Lunchbox was entertaining in his Apple fanboyism, this comes off more on the sad side.

I don't really care which brand phone I use as long as it is functional and gets the job done. As in every task I throw at it. If the iPhone 6 blows me away I would probably buy it (hope it gets that bigger screen for sure). If not, I will probably continue to avoid contracts because they're evil.

But man, going through that Apple thread was terrible. The ones on GAF are pretty bad. Some of the Android fans here can be a bit much too, and it's this huge battle of superiority complexes. They're all blowing their load over EA bringing some engine over to iOS and taking shots at Wii U even though the Wii U has had incredible games without this engine.

I will never understand this mindset of actively, and willingly rooting for a company as if they were a sports team. I can get being a fan of their products, but their approach is a bit much. At least Lunchbox was entertaining in his Apple fanboyism, this comes off more on the sad side.

Poor dragon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Who would win in a fight?

BpIxSF0CMAAuyrh.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
GAF has known this for 2 years now.

I am impressed. ESPN used to be 5 years behind us.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Tammy Brady: System QB.

I only make what calculates to about 19/hr. Lol I should ask for another raise.

I make that take home in an entry level position. And it kind of sucks because it's amazing how broke I am all the time. 3k a month doesn't go far after car payment, rent, utilities, cell phone, credit cards, and student loans. At least I can pay my bills though!

Thought it was just Seattle.

And I don't know about it, I understand the idealism in it, but man don't underestimate the scumminess of the workforce.

There's definitely an issue with wages and such in this country but I'm not sure if this is the way to address it. The real solution is bringing back the middle class somehow in a service based economy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm that way with a few companies. Really I'm zealous about Valve the most because Steam is amazing....maybe Netflix too because of the value.

I like Sony the best right now out of the big 3 but if Nintendo released a top of the line system with a standard controller, I'd be all over it.

Tom Penny

Rodgers System QB

With Rodgers bundled up on the sideline in cold and windy conditions at Lambeau Field, Flynn set franchise records with 480 yards passing and six touchdowns -- the final one to Jermichael Finley with 1:10 left, giving the Packers a 45-41 victory over the Detroit Lions in a wild regular-season finale Sunday.

Everyone is a system QB to a certain extent.

Brady has historically been a good QB but his lack of mobility (and fading arm strength) is the reason that he's on the decline.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah.....says the fan whose team cant even get close to a sell out.

You should be upset since Jacksonville was used by Adams as leverage the first time he blackmailed the city.

Not upset at all. I know the Jaguars are safely in Jacksonville for the long-term. Most likely we'll see the Chargers, Rams or Raiders move.

MechDX

Not upset at all. I know the Jaguars are safely in Jacksonville for the long-term. Most likely we'll see the Chargers, Rams or Raiders move.

I think the Raiders are a no brainer at this point. Oakland will not build a new stadium now that the Niners have one that will be 30 miles away and they don't seem to keen on sharing.

Anything is better than the shithole that is Oakland Alemeda Coliseum.

I think the Raiders are a no brainer at this point. Oakland will not build a new stadium now that the Niners have one that will be 30 miles away and they don't seem to keen on sharing.

Anything is better than the shithole that is Oakland Alemeda Coliseum.

Lol, I doubt the Raiders move to London. They have a giant west-coast fanbase

Spinluck

Well yeah but I need something to pass the time. At least I don't live in Indianapolis where its fun to watch corn grow.
I know you live in Florida so shut it!

I honestly rather live here than Indy. I hate snow, and the crazies down here are more entertaining. Indy is a very nice city with very few black people, and we all know what happens to a person when they have nothing to do but watch vegetables grow. You end up miserable and mean like ez.

I'm that way with a few companies. Really I'm zealous about Valve the most because Steam is amazing....maybe Netflix too because of the value.

I like Sony the best right now out of the big 3 but if Nintendo released a top of the line system with a standard controller, I'd be all over it.

I actually get the vibe that Valve cares about their customers. I mean, they all want our money, but Steam Sales are a thing from the heavens.

cajunator

Banned

I make that take home in an entry level position. And it kind of sucks because it's amazing how broke I am all the time. 3k a month doesn't go far after car payment, rent, utilities, cell phone, credit cards, and student loans. At least I can pay my bills though!

There's definitely an issue with wages and such in this country but I'm not sure if this is the way to address it. The real solution is bringing back the middle class somehow in a service based economy.

Yeah the pay isnt great at all. Im able to split a lot of costs with family and roommates but I cant do that forever. I could take the 12 years experience I have with dispatching and probably make more money almost anywhere else but I dont want to move.

If those teams cant sell out where they are how in the hell will they fill stadiums in another country?

Sorry, never meant London for the Raiders. LA is a no brainer.

LA is doubtful as well. Goodell and the rest of the NFL owners don't want them there, neither does LA city council. And Davis would have to sell and give up ownership to get a stadium deal with the investors there. Portland or San Antonio are more likely for the Raiders. Chargers, Rams or expansion team to LA.

MechDX

LA is doubtful as well. Goodell and the rest of the NFL owners don't want them there, neither does LA city council. And Davis would have to sell and give up ownership to get a stadium deal with the investors there. Portland or San Antonio are more likely for the Raiders. Chargers, Rams or expansion team to LA.

San Antonio will never get a team. two teams in Texas is enough and Jerruh would never allow it

RANDO!!!!!! Where are you?!! Jst got all caught up on game of thrones, Here are some general thoughts up to now. None really spoilers, except for one end of season 3 one. Don't click if you're new to the series like I was! And please don't respond with future spoilers! As I haven't read the books.
• Cersei is the worst!!!
• Daenerys has a nice bod!
• the whole Reek stuff is Fucked up!
• Ramsay Bolton, WTF Man!!!
• Joffrey is the worst!
• Bronn is my man!
• Tyrion is the man!
• Grey Worm is my man!
• Jon Snows girl is pretty attractive!
• Red Wedding! Wtf! All those main characterss!
•khal Drogo was awesome !
• last nights episode :/
• might read the last book after season 4 is over

Top Bottom