• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

MRSA

Banned
LA is doubtful as well. Goodell and the rest of the NFL owners don't want them there, neither does LA city council. And Davis would have to sell and give up ownership to get a stadium deal with the investors there. Portland or San Antonio are more likely for the Raiders. Chargers, Rams or expansion team to LA.

Raiders will not move out of California, period.

Dolphins No. 1 receiver Mike Wallace lit up practice Monday. He had three touchdowns in team drills and each was of a different variety. Wallace caught his trademark deep ball from quarterback Ryan Tannehill for approximately a 40-yard touchdown to get things going. Then, Wallace also caught a skinny post over the middle for a touchdown and another score in the corner of the end zone on a broken play. Both of those touchdown passes also were from Tannehill. Wallace is being moved around this year and there are early signs of success. “Nobody can have a key on me,” Wallace explained. “Last year ... it was every game in the same spot. When you move around, it's hard for a defense to know where you're at.”

giphy.gif

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/70479/dolphins-ota-notes-mike-wallace-shines

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
LA is doubtful as well. Goodell and the rest of the NFL owners don't want them there, neither does LA city council. And Davis would have to sell and give up ownership to get a stadium deal with the investors there. Portland or San Antonio are more likely for the Raiders. Chargers, Rams or expansion team to LA.

Wait until he sees that truck of money that Magic Johnson is going to back up to his house. Mark Davis will sell and give the middle finger to Oakland.

rando14

RANDO!!!!!! Where are you?!! Jst got all caught up on game of thrones, Here are some general thoughts up to now. None really spoilers, except for one end of season 3 one. Don't click if you're new to the series like I was! And please don't respond with future spoilers! As I haven't read the books.
• Cersei is the worst!!!
• Daenerys has a nice bod!
• the whole Reek stuff is Fucked up!
• Ramsay Bolton, WTF Man!!!
• Joffrey is the worst!
• Bronn is my man!
• Tyrion is the man!
• Grey Worm is my man!
• Jon Snows girl is pretty attractive!
• Red Wedding! Wtf! All those main characterss!
•khal Drogo was awesome !
• last nights episode :/
• might read the last book after season 4 is over

Mwahahaha!!

Glad you're enjoying the ride, it's a roller coaster of emotions. In regards to the books, it's kinda hard to say if jumping into books this late is a good idea, there's so many characters and locations in the books that it might be difficult to catch up to speed. Also the show is moving between books at its own pace, so it might be tough.

BUT I wouldnt let that stop you, if you wanna read the books than go for it man!! I'd also recommend reading Eddie Stark's chapters in book one so that you can get to know his character better, I feel he didn't have enough time in Season 1 AND he's a very deep character who does the best job revealing all the events surrounding Robert's Rebellion which was BALLER :cool:

Draxal

Mwahahaha!!

Glad you're enjoying the ride, it's a roller coaster of emotions. In regards to the books, it's kinda hard to say if jumping into books this late is a good idea, there's so many characters and locations in the books that it might be difficult to catch up to speed. Also the show is moving between books at its own pace, so it might be tough.

BUT I wouldnt let that stop you, if you wanna read the books than go for it man!! I'd also recommend reading Eddie Stark's chapters in book one so that you can get to know his character better, I feel he didn't have enough time in Season 1 AND he's a very deep character who does the best job revealing all the events surrounding Robert's Rebellion which was BALLER :cool:

Real talk time, Hedge Knight >>> AGOT.

I just watched the latest GoT episode as well. I don't even know what to feel anymore. Fucking fantastic show and one of the best episodes.

I give the episode a 6,5/10.

Real talk time, Hedge Knight >>> AGOT.

I love The Hedge Knight, and the other novellas. On one hand it's somewhat more of a traditional fantasy quest tale than the ASOIAF books, but it also features some deeper stuff. I love its take on the Great Man theory, as well as the question of whether a good leader/man can be created. If you raise a potential leader from a young age, teaching him to be just, fair, understanding of the plights of the poor, religious, etc...can you mold him into a great king/politician?

Spinluck

You would probably feel at home here, except for the whole hating Saints thing.

I have no ill will towards the Saints.

We can't blame them for that choke job lol.

We were outplayed, outcoached, and out-everythinged. I moved on a while ago.

Fuck the Saints.

I just watched the latest GoT episode as well. I don't even know what to feel anymore. Fucking fantastic show and one of the best episodes.

I give the episode a 6,5/10.

Glad to see you've finally transitioned over to using the GAF grading method. You kinda pussed out and added .5 though.

Draxal

I haven't gotten a chance to read his short stories, are they worth buying as standalone graphic novels (like on Amazon)

If you're that invested into the series (and it seems like you are), I'd say its worth it. It does have a couple of tie ins with the main series as well. A character's appearance in the last book, had the Hedge Knights marking out.

edit. Although, that character appears in the third story, whic hiddn't get a graphic novel.

Top Bottom