• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Bowser

Marcel Dareus arrested again.

Remember when everyone thought Cam was the guy with character problems in the 2011 draft? Instead the #2 and #3 picks are an alleged felon and a cheating piece of shit, respectively.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So yeah, Mario Kart 8 is a good game.

Things I like about MK8:

Antigrav makes for some really cool track designs
Some tracks have a great sense of speed
The way you dominate the game seems to be the same as in MKWii in rough terms
No more motion controls, tricks are now done with hop/drift button
Vehicle control and physics feel really good overall, although I still prefer how bikes handle
Traction is a completely overrated stat

Things I don't like about MK8:

Daisy kinda sucks now, gotta go with Rosalina instead
Banana peels got buffed. Why does it have the same impact as a shell?
Evading a blue shell with a mushroom either can't be done or is just much harder now.
Broader item distribution means more for the people just behind first, but you can also get screwed hard if you get dropped back into 9th and get stuck with green shells.
Speaking of which, FUCK GREEN SHELLS and their ability to get the most random ass hits.

Eleuin

Marcel Dareus arrested again.

Remember when everyone thought Cam was the guy with character problems in the 2011 draft? Instead the #2 and #3 picks are an alleged felon and a cheating piece of shit, respectively.

Remember when Cam stole a laptop

Bowser

Remember when Cam stole a laptop

investigation.gif

BG, we gon' get some Destiny goin' this fall, my friend.
YES!

I guess War Thunder comes out wedensday, looks pretty cool. And think it's compatible with PC players. 2 ps+ games tomorrw too! I was gonna get transistor tonight but might hold off, kinda hoping for some E3 sales.
Edit: my mistake, war thunder is tomorrow too

Spinluck

I suck at MK8. Seems like one hit in 1st and I'm in 5th within a second. I need to practice.

Is there a Kart game you played since the last MK?

I played a shit ton of SonicKart and it fucked me over cause I was playing like that initially.

Once you get the hang of the physics and find what vehicle configurations work best for you, you'll be fine.

What are the preceding 5

He probably has Hernandez up there.

I played a shit ton of SonicKart and it fucked me over cause I was playing like that initially.

Once you get the hang of the physics and find what vehicle configurations work best for you, you'll be fine.

He probably has Hernandez up there.
To be fair Hernandez has had sex so he is above gata for sure.

So in Africa Seattle won SB 40, and lost SB 48.

Welp I guess I can't hate on the Steelers anymore if I ever travel to Africa.

Jesus I mean Florida sucks but it can't be THAT bad

It's not. Florida has a lot of crazy but it's pretty fun too. Gata is like the 6th worst thing to come out of Florida and that's saying something.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Yeah, the Sonic racers really don't play the same at all.

Apparently Nintendo changed the base stat from Vehicle to Character Weight Class in MK7 and that holds true in MK8. However, getting a loadout that maximizes top speed while retaining enough acceleration to be viable in Grand Prix is still effective. My main loadout has shit traction so I had to spend a while learning how to take turns in Time Trial.

Mario Kart Wii. It might've been due to me using the Wii Remote as I was playing with two buddies plus a bad vehicle combo. Also I suck at sharp turns. Run into the wall every time.

ShaneB

It's Monday Night Football!!

footballBIG.png

I present to you another edition of my Madden 08 PC League. It's week 13, my Falcons are visiting the Lions in a true David vs Goliath matchup! *The regular Lions owner is not playing, but I am still going against someone really good, but maybe he'll go easy on me and win by only 30 points.

j6k0j21bv5UtF.png

Watch the LIVE stream here at my opponents stream channel. Any watches are appreciated, and all I can pray is that he is merciful.

Top Bottom