• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
People keep saying this and it's meaningless. The current owners can't move the team. But they are hedge fund guys. Expecting them to hold an asset that has appreciated is idiotic. I can't imagine these guys holding onto the Bucks for more than a decade.

Plus, it wasn't a "if you move we take them back" it was "if you move we CAN take them back" so if Milwaukee actually grows up and stops giving billionaires handouts, the NBA will probably push for the new owners to move them.

It's not that I want the Bucks to move, it's just that they have to be one of the most apathetic and sorry franchises in professional sports. Or one of the most broke so you never really saw them marketed? I dunno, the Brewers were always a big deal despite a lack of success.

This was actually pretty fascinating:

Map of Basketball fans

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the Wolves don't at least get Wiggins out of that deal they should just contract the team. I think Waiters could still be okay but Waiters + Bennett for Love? I can't believe there aren't teams out there that could offer a better deal even for just a 1 year rental of Love.

THE LEBRON JAMES OF THIS MATCH

qojqvaannounce.png

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

so dreamy

blush.gif

eznark

Banned
It's not that I want the Bucks to move, it's just that they have to be one of the most apathetic and sorry franchises in professional sports. Or one of the most broke so you never really saw them marketed? I dunno, the Brewers were always a big deal despite a lack of success.

Map of Basketball fans

Herb Kohl is a billionaire. They were not a poor team. And shocking every election year they added some free agents and made a run. Weird.

I only want them to leave if they try to rob the taxpayers again. (And to make room for an NHL team! Come to Milwaukee, Coyotes!!)

Bowser

I saw a report the other day saying Lebron didn't want them to draft Wiggins and that he preferred Parker.

That makes no sense considering they play the same position. If only they knew LBJ was coming back, they could have traded down to 3 and taken Embiid. Irving/Waiters/LBJ/Varejao/Embiid with Thompson/Allen/Miller off the bench is pretty potent if Embiid pans out.

Map of Basketball fans

I am disgusted by Baltimore on this map. Lakers, Heat, Celtics? The Bullets are our team!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Herb Kohl is a billionaire. They were not a poor team. And shocking every election year they added some free agents and made a run. Weird.

I only want them to leave if they try to rob the taxpayers again. (And to make room for an NHL team! Come to Milwaukee, Coyotes!!)

The NHL would probably do better than the NBA in Milwaukee since so many kids grow up playing hockey there. The Bulls can just officially add Milwaukee to its market.

Are there any other major cold weather cities that are lacking an NHL team? I've ranted before about this but it's ridiculous.

Map of Basketball fans

My fandom is actually represented on a map for once! Wooooo!

Fox318

Map of Basketball fans

The amount of purple on that map is disgusting.

Tamanon

Banned

Map of Basketball fans

My county Pitt in NC is apparently a bunch of Heat and Lakers fans. I blame the college.

Eleuin

Map of Basketball fans

Yeah there are a lot of lakers bandwagoners up north

Top Bottom