• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

jakncoke

Banned
Could somebody please clear up the issue of exactly how many winning teams Stafford has gone completely winless against?

Wasnt he like 2-28 as of last year. Whatever the real number is, there is no way Kas can spin this into being a neutral or positive thing.

Stat 4: Archie Manning still has the most career interceptions for the Saints despite Drew gifting players.

cdyhybrid

Wasnt he like 2-28 as of last year. Whatever the real number is, there is no way Kas can spin this into being a neutral or positive thing.

He just blames it on the rest of the team.

Because it's never the QB's fault. That's why Peyton doesn't get shit for choking in the playoffs, Cutler doesn't get shit for being a bitch, Brady doesn't get shit for being a whiner, etc. etc.

Farooq

Banned
That's a skewed stat, unlike the ones I posted, and you know it.

Stafford didn't play his first two season due to injury so I don't know why that's included. Secondly our schedule has had us playing a ton of 8-8 teams for whatever reason.

And unfortunately for us Stafford can't play wide receiver or defensive back. When the time calls to will his team to victory, Stafford does it. He's had at least 10 comeback drives since coming into the league.

Whether it was that epic game against the Browns in 2009 where he dislocated his shoulder, or the comeback against the Seahawks in 2012 where he hit Titus Young on a slant route or last years epic victory against the Cowboys when Staffords' number is called to will the Lions to victory he does it.

Please...he went up against an historically bad defense. Picking on udfa safeties who had street guys providing a pass rush. There was nothing epic or extraordinary about that victory. In fact Dallas is due for several collapses a season. They had another one against the Packers (led by Matt Flynn).

You talk about skewed stats, and then only post stats from 2011? What about 2012 or 2013? What about his career?

Crisco

Banned
Stafford is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. If our fan base and front office give up on him then we deserve another 50 year curse. If that's the case I hope he goes to a franchise where he can win the Super Bowl he deserves.

matthew-stafford-49ers-press-conference.jpg

Some wank material for NinersGAF. Imagine the possibilities.

Really? The best thing that's ever happened? The Lions arguably have the two best players at their position on the team right now, both once in a generation type talents. They had the best running back ever. Stafford is, at best, a poor man's Joe Flacco.

Really? The best thing that's ever happened? The Lions arguably have the two best players at their position on the team right now, both once in a generation type talents. They had the best running back ever. Stafford is, at best, a poor man's Joe Flacco.

Please do not compare a scrub to a Super Bowl MVP, thanks in advance

ed: VV Pretty much, he's too far gone

Talon

Look, guys.

If Stafford comically folding under pressure when they needed one win in the last four weeks of the season wasn't going to stem Kas' lust for the man of infinite chins, nothing will.

Stafford is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. If our fan base and front office give up on him then we deserve another 50 year curse. If that's the case I hope he goes to a franchise where he can win the Super Bowl he deserves.

This is an impossible level of dumb. Barry Sanders played for the Lions.

Farooq

Banned
There is a reason why wins and post season success are used as a metric to judge quarterbacks. Quarterbacks have a lot of influence over a game and top tier quarterbacks elevate their team and win (to state the obvious).

Romo's garbage 1-3 playoff record is regularly brought up when discussing his stats, and it is fair. Until Romo wins against tough competition and has post season success, he will always be a second tier quarterback.

Restore the Coke 2014.

There is a reason why wins and post season success are used as a metric to judge quarterbacks. Quarterbacks have a lot of influence over a game and top tier quarterbacks elevate their team and win (to state the obvious).

Romo's garbage 1-3 playoff record is regularly brought up when discussing his stats, and it is fair. Until Romo wins against tough competition and has post season success, he will always be a second tier quarterback.

Restore the Coke 2014.

I watch more cowboy games then I care to admit and romo does shit the bed at the worst possible times but I'd put more blame on your coaching staff and owner. Romo might actually be great on a better run team.

Crisco

Banned
Detroit may not have the sharpest front office in the NFL, but they are way better than the Cowboys. Romo's graded on a curve due to playing for Jerry Jones. Yeah, the chokes are on him, but at least he puts them in a position to choke. The Lions season was over with a game to play in a division where all the starting QBs except theirs got hurt. Inexcusable.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This is an impossible level of dumb. Barry Sanders played for the Lions.

I love Sanders. First NFL jersey I ever bought and he was the reason I started following the Lions.

Running backs can't win you championships on there own. Quarterbacks can. That's why I say Stafford is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise because he's by far and away the best QB we've ever had.

cdyhybrid

I love Sanders. First NFL jersey I ever bought and he was the reason I started following the Lions.

Running backs can't win you championships on there own. Quarterbacks can. That's why I say Stafford is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise because he's by far and away the best QB we've ever had.

Why do you say QBs can win you championships on their own when you've been consistently blaming the Lions' recent failures on the rest of the team?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Please...he went up against an historically bad defense. Picking on udfa safeties who had street guys providing a pass rush. There was nothing epic or extraordinary about that victory. In fact Dallas is due for several collapses a season. They had another one against the Packers (led by Matt Flynn).

You talk about skewed stats, and then only post stats from 2011? What about 2012 or 2013? What about his career?

I wasn't talking about the comeback win against the Cowboys in 2011. I was talking about last years epic comeback where Stafford made two perfect throws to get us right to the goal line and then improvised the no huddle touchdown, which IIRC has never been done in NFL history.

Farooq

Banned
I watch more cowboy games then I care to admit and romo does shit the bed at the worst possible times but I'd put more blame on your coaching staff and owner. Romo might actually be great on a better run team.

I generally agree with this sentiment. At the same time, I feel like there were several times in Romo's career where he was put in a position to win and he squandered those opportunities. He has less room for error because of how poorly the Cowboys are built/managed, but still...

I wasn't talking about the comeback win against the Cowboys in 2011. I was talking about last years epic comeback where Stafford made two perfect throws to get us right to the goal line and then improvised the no huddle touchdown, which IIRC has never been done in NFL history.

So was I. Jakar Hamilton and Jeff Heath (undrafted rookies) finished out the game. That is who Stafford picked on. 3rd string safeties on what was one of the worst defenses Dallas has fielded in franchise history. It is not something that should be some kind of career defining moment.

Bobby Lane won your shitty franchise 3 playoff games what has Stafford ever won for the Lions?

manfestival

Good fucking bye Alliance!!!

Dude this is unreal. I like alliance and what they have to offer. Its sad to see the champs not make it on the biggest stage when they can pull off big events like dreamleague and etc

I guess my only hope is that clown 9 gets placed against IG or DK in the first round of brackets. That way I can enjoy the rest of the tournament regardless of what happens

JABEE

Stafford can't win shit. He has some tools but his delivery and mechanics are wonky and he's too lazy to fix his problems.

matthew-stafford-49ers-press-conference.jpg

Some wank material for NinersGAF. Imagine the possibilities.

i don't know. you really think stafford could beat out gabbert for the backup job?

Top Bottom