• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Good day for Cleveland/Browns GAF but let's not get crazy here. This is the Lions season. You can have the NBA. But the restoration of a beaten down franchise will be the Lions.

I expect some Manziel cocaine fueled greatness but one of the QB Dons, like Las Vegas has stated, is Matthew Stafford. As such he commands respect and attention.

jakncoke

Banned
09343edf603e1f3e8dab9c0213a49cb80020f9210b76da49b2e8a2a44579aad0.jpg

Thread really fucked today. I shall steer the ship with useless stats.

#1: Before Len Dawson went on to pass for a ton and win a ton for the Chiefs, he spent a total of 5 years on the Steelers and Browns throwing a grand total of 45 passes

Good day for Cleveland/Browns GAF but let's not get crazy here. This is the Lions season. You can have the NBA. But the restoration of a beaten down franchise will be the Lions.

I expect some Manziel cocaine fueled greatness but one of the QB Dons, like Las Vegas has stated, is Matthew Stafford. As such he commands respect and attention.

khVccgu.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
More stats- Matthew Stafford 2011 Season, at the age of 23 only four years after the worst team in NFL history:

5,038 Yards, 41 TDs, 16 INTs, 97.2 QBR, Playoff Appearance

Playoff game against the Saints on the road:

28/43, 380 Yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 Rushing TD

One INT came in garbage time.

Our leading rusher that game?

Kevin Smith 6 Carries, 21 Yards

eznark

Banned
More stats- Matthew Stafford 2011 Season, at the age of 23 only four years after the worst team in NFL history:

5,038 Yards, 41 TDs, 16 INTs, 97.2 QBR, Playoff Appearance

Playoff game against the Saints on the road:

28/43, 380 Yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 Rushing TD

One INT came in garbage time.

Our leading rusher that game?

Kevin Smith 6 Carries, 21 Yards

0-98 vs teams with winning records

I'm happy for Ohio fans :]

Still unlikely at best to result in championships, but there's stuff to maybe be excited about in the seasons ahead (I'm being careful not to use that "hope" mirage word)

Crisco

Banned
I think the Stafford honeymoon will finally end after they miss the playoffs again next year. After 6 seasons and a new coach, it's gotta be the QB. That's why it was so important for Cam to deliver last year, out of excuses in year 3.

So the Lebron letter to SI was written on Wednesday before Riley flew all the way out to Vegas. Guess there must be some bad blood between Riley and Lebron.

Edit: Wade got the max!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
0-98 vs teams with winning records

That's a skewed stat, unlike the ones I posted, and you know it.

Stafford didn't play his first two season due to injury so I don't know why that's included. Secondly our schedule has had us playing a ton of 8-8 teams for whatever reason.

And unfortunately for us Stafford can't play wide receiver or defensive back. When the time calls to will his team to victory, Stafford does it. He's had at least 10 comeback drives since coming into the league.

Whether it was that epic game against the Browns in 2009 where he dislocated his shoulder, or the comeback against the Seahawks in 2012 where he hit Titus Young on a slant route or last years epic victory against the Cowboys when Staffords' number is called to will the Lions to victory he does it.

Tamanon

Banned
Twisted Metal Blaaaaaaaack. Never played that one, but I loved the old games. Also picked up Wild Arms 2 and Legend of Dragoon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think the Stafford honeymoon will finally end after they miss the playoffs again next year. After 6 seasons and a new coach, it's gotta be the QB. That's why it was so important for Cam to deliver last year, out of excuses in year 3.

Not as long as kas is running the team.

After last year where they just needed 1 more win in 5 games to make the playoffs, I hate to say it because the fans here and elsewhere are pretty cool, but if the honeymoon ain't over after all that, it'll never be over. Stockholm Syndrome

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Stafford is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. If our fan base and front office give up on him then we deserve another 50 year curse. If that's the case I hope he goes to a franchise where he can win the Super Bowl he deserves.

matthew-stafford-49ers-press-conference.jpg

Some wank material for NinersGAF. Imagine the possibilities.

manfestival

You mean, its the Bucs year. LETS GO BUCS! WOOO SUCK IT GATA

Slo

Could somebody please clear up the issue of exactly how many winning teams Stafford has gone completely winless against?

Stafford is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. If our fan base and front office give up on him then we deserve another 50 year curse. If that's the case I hope he goes to a franchise where he can win the Super Bowl he deserves.

matthew-stafford-49ers-press-conference.jpg

Some wank material for NinersGAF. Imagine the possibilities.

Barry Sanders...?

jakncoke

Banned
Ridiculous 99 cent sale on PSN

Just picked up a grip of PS1 games!

Yeah I see a lot, much much rather own physical though. Will resist.

Stat 3: The number 1 overal selection of the 1958 draft by the Chicago Cardinals was a player named King Hill he had 37 tds and 71 career ints

brentech

last years epic victory against the Cowboys when Staffords' number is called to will the Lions to victory he does it.

So did Matt Flynn, what the fuck is your point. Dude doesn't win against good competition and you know it.
His best work is against shitty teams or teams that aren't playing their best football. Lets see him step up against a team playing well one day.

Top Bottom