• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

On Orton via Roto
Cowboys released QB Kyle Orton.
Orton is expected to retire. The move is actually a favor from the Cowboys, as Orton can now keep the entirety of the $5 million signing bonus he received in March 2012. It leaves Brandon Weeden as the Cowboys' No. 2 quarterback, an obviously undesirable situation. Orton made one start in his two years in Dallas, nearly guiding the Cowboys to a playoff berth last Week 17. If Orton follows through on retiring, he'll be doing so at a young age for a quarterback, as his 32nd birthday isn't until November.
Related: Cowboys
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jul 15 - 5:24 PM

Spinluck

Any way to get a 3DS for less than $185? Getting the urge to play Pokemon but I don't have one, so I can't play any of the new games.

The 2DS was on sale for like $80, but that thing sucks compared to either 3DS model imo.

I am not sure which is the best, but try Cowboom, Ebay, and even Amazon.

cdyhybrid

cux1x3P.png

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 26m
WOW! @spotrac just said on air with us that his projections estimate JJ Watt receiving a deal worth $140 mil over 6 yrs w/ $55 guar. #Texans
tumblr_mq25fk4vbn1rvn2ylo1_500.gif

Dre, Arian, Myers and Joseph all gone after this season. #FireSale

PAY THE MAN RICK!

This is a solid mugshot

What's sad, is he got arrested at shitty college bar (The Green Turtle) in Towson, MD. You're an NFL player, go somewhere with some class.

jimmy-smith1.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Seeing Godslay in the soccer thread warms my heart.

I've always wanted to watch, this just gives me a reason. I played soccer from the time I was a little kid clear through high school, so I have some idea of what's going on.

I've actually been doing a lot of research on an EPL team to support, and nothing is clicking. I might just have to go into the season as a free agent and let the sport move my allegiances.

If I did that I'd never watch with regularity, plus I don't have time to skip around. I liked that Arsenal is somewhat in a drought, and seems like a well managed team. They're not bottom feeders, or Man Utd, so I figured it be a good team to latch onto.

Noooo...

Maybe the Broncos will sign him as peyton's backup. Make the jack daniels gif (more) relevant again!

I would feel terrible for Orton if he came back. He wasn't a bad QB, just average, and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A list of baseball hating communists has been prepared and forwarded to the proper authorities.

And BLarry root for Swansea City. They play nice soccer to watch and aren't a top top team so you won't be considered a bandwagoner. You might be considered a hipster though.

If you really want to just root for the English equivalent of the Ravens though, your only real choice is Stoke City. Hard-working
read: unskilled
, gritty
read: thuggish
, win at what-ever costs
read: would probably hit you with a shiv in the ribs on the pitch to stop you from scoring.

Godslay: United has a longer trophy drought than Arsenal now. We strugglin right now man.

shit.jpg

Bread

Banned
I'll root for Swansea City, they seem like a very hip and cool team that only a person with refined taste such as myself would root for.

If I did that I'd never watch with regularity, plus I don't have time to skip around. I liked that Arsenal is somewhat in a drought, and seems like a well managed team. They're not bottom feeders, or Man Utd, so I figured it be a good team to latch onto.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to watch at this point, anyway. Is there fantasy EPL? I feel like that would help me learn stuff too.

And BLarry root for Swansea City. They play nice soccer to watch and aren't a top top team so you won't be considered a bandwagoner.

That's important to me.

You might be considered a hipster though.

Ugh

Godslay

Banned
Godslay: United has a longer trophy drought than Arsenal now. We strugglin right now man.

Yeah, I asked about that as they won the FA Cup, but I don't think they considered that bandwagoning.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to watch at this point, anyway. Is there fantasy EPL? I feel like that would help me learn stuff too.

Just asked about watching in the OT, a fantasy league would be fun with other newbies.

A list of baseball hating communists has been prepared and forwarded to the proper authorities.

And BLarry root for Swansea City. They play nice soccer to watch and aren't a top top team so you won't be considered a bandwagoner. You might be considered a hipster though.

If you really want to just root for the English equivalent of the Ravens though, your only real choice is Stoke City. Hard-working
read: unskilled
, gritty
read: thuggish
, win at what-ever costs
read: would probably hit you with a shiv in the ribs on the pitch to stop you from scoring.

http://www.urbaninformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/shit.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Bruh...

[quote="Godslay, post: 121188658"]I've always wanted to watch, this just gives me a reason. I played soccer from the time I was a little kid clear through high school, so I have some idea of what's going on.

If I did that I'd never watch with regularity, plus I don't have time to skip around. I liked that Arsenal is somewhat in a drought, and seems like a well managed team. They're not bottom feeders, or Man Utd, so I figured it be a good team to latch onto.[/QUOTE]

Cool stuff man. What position did you play?

Also, I'll be forced to root against you since I'm a Chelsea supporter, but our friendship has been through worse already ;)

[quote="BaltimoreLarry, post: 121187341"]This is a solid mugshot

What's sad, is he got arrested at shitty college bar (The Green Turtle) in Towson, MD. You're an NFL player, go somewhere with some class.

[IMG]http://cbsbaltimore.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/jimmy-smith1.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hunting for college girls during summer break is such a Ravens thing to do.

Yeah, I asked about that as they won the FA Cup, but I don't think they considered that bandwagoning.

Just asked about watching in the OT, a fantasy league would be fun with other newbies.

FA cup is nice and all, but the Premier League title is what it is all about and Arsenal has failed to win that in like 20 years.

Ask Squicken how he watches games, he's been following it all last season. Also an Arsenal guy, don't know why you Americans all feel so drawn to them.

Like I told Gata, Arsenal is a respectable choice. They've taken on a bit of a rep as lovable losers who just played pretty soccer and couldn't get the job done like United or Chelsea when the going got rough in recent years, but I think finally winning a trophy last year and signing Alexis Sanchez has them on an upswing. It's a good time to become a Gunner supporter.

Had you chosen Chelsea, Liverpool, or Mancester City we would have problems. Out of all of those fanbases, I only like one person: my brother Dutch Patriot.

I never said I was an arsenal fan, I've just loved ozil since the 2010 world cup.

I thought you said something about Arsenal. Swansea is in Wales though...The only good thing to over come out of Wales is Gareth Bale.

Striker or right wing. Depending on the team.

Sweet, played all over the board myself. Winger when I was younger, but playing on defense nowadays. Was a defensive midfielder and now at Central back really.

Isn't Man U the most popular team in the world?

Yep. They control the entire Asian market and are probably the most well known team in the US as well.

Like I told Gata, Arsenal is a respectable choice. They've taken on a bit of a rep as lovable losers who just played pretty soccer and couldn't get the job done like United or Chelsea when the going got rough in recent years, but I think finally winning a trophy last year and signing Alexis Sanchez has them on an upswing. It's a good time to become a Gunner supporter.

Had you chosen Chelsea, Liverpool, or Mancester City we would have problems. Out of all of those fanbases, I only like one person: my brother Dutch Patriot.

Brother!

:jnc

Don't know Wilbury, but I'll look out for him now.

Wilbur is quite the odd gentleman, but so is the entire football thread. They have their own little things like we do in here and I still can't grasp all of it. It's an even crazier thread than this one and moves around 5 times as fast 24/7.

Top Bottom