• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Is Hemlock Grove any good?

Or is it just an excuse to stare at Famke Janssen?

giphy.gif

I'm good either way.

jakncoke

Banned
At least you're doing something manly, now only it you could spend a day watching Big Trouble in Little China you might become a man and get a job.

Ive seen Big Trouble in Little China and other great films more times than you've killed patients while drunk.

giphy.gif

I'm good either way.

I quit after 5 eps or so in season 1, will probably rewatch sometime

I just got to read the report of the 3 hour psych test I took a few months ago. Apparently what I took was this. Basically my nonverbal skills are really good but my verbal skills blow. The diagnostics were mostly stuff I already knew. Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Unspecified Depressive Disorder, and a mild Specific Learning Disorder with Impairments in Written Language.

JABEE

Buzz Bissinger wrote an article for the Philadelphia Magazine as this month's cover story. Buzz was pissed off that Nick didn't accept his request to be interviewed. Foles has been on a media blackout this off season, because he wants to focus on football.

Bissinger went on to call Foles a nerd and made jokes about him being boring. It's almost like he's talking about us. Bissinger also mentioned how Foles's family is extremely wealthy without football. The best part of the story was how Buzz struggled to use his patented snark and vitriol on Foles. His only real complaint was that Foles was too humble and that he was the kind of humble that wasn't fake.

The story about the State Championship game Foles lost was something I never heard. Foles's teammate, star OT and Texas recruit coming into his Junior season died on the field only to be revived by Justin Tucker's father.

If you take away Buzz's complaining, it's a pretty great story.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/nick-foles-eagles-profile/

giphy.gif

I'm good either way.
I just started trying to watch it again. Made it to s2. Not sure I would say its good or even suggest a watch.... But I'm kinda hooked right now. Its a show that kinda makes its self mysterious in the beginning. So kept watching to try and figure out what's going on in the show. Give it a try though, it's got some definite ups and some low lows.
They have a another hot chick who's name is Destiny in the show hnnngh

cdyhybrid

About to head to the airport. Have to catch a 6AM flight to Vegas. Normally this wouldn't be too bad, but...I'm going for work.

No partying for me since I have to wake up at 6:30 every morning :(

David Wilson has been cleared for contact and will be a full participant in Giants training camp:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/david-wilson-cleared-contact-blog-entry-1.1874412

Wilson had been working out with the team throughout the offseason program, but he had never been cleared for contact. Throughout the spring, he'd insisted that he felt fine and felt no pain or instability in his surgically repaired neck, but the team waited patiently for a clean medical report.

Now that it has one, Wilson can get back to action with the Giants in training camp, although fans shouldn't expect him to grab a major role. The club will likely ease the speedster back into action. It has another option in free agent signee Rashad Jennings. Additionally, Wilson has yet to distinguish himself as a lead runner; when the position was handed to him last season, he continued to struggle with fumbles.

Much needed change of pace at the position. We have big runners in Jennings/Hillis/Williams. Hopefully Wilson can really get his career on track this season.

jbug617

Banned
NFL wants refs to call more defensive penalties in pass coverage this year.

On defense, the trend is trying to adjust technique in pass coverage. Word came out of the officials' camp in Dallas on Friday that the league is going to put an emphasis on calling more penalties in pass coverage. Former vice president of officiating Mike Pereira tweeted Friday that officials are being asked to call more interference, holding and illegal contact penalties.

The number of illegal contact penalties has been dropping from 72 in 2011 to 63 in 2012 to just 38 last season.

Officials haven't been gun-shy about throwing defensive interference flags. More than 200 have been called in each of the past three years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...nsive-penalties-trending-john-clayton-mailbag

Top Bottom