• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

eznark

Banned
Guys whats some cool shit I should put in my home office?

I am going to get a nice desk, nice chair, probably a 27" iMac, LCD on the wall and couch, mini fridge.

But I don't have much to decorate it. Right now I have a kickass Soundwave (thanks Fantomax) and an old Star Wars toy. Any other suggestions? I want cool looking shit, some sports memorabilia and the occasional nerdy toy/item (not at the current ez level).

Stadium panoramic shots are always dope. That's what I have in my office at work.

Let me know what chair you get, I want a new one.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Best of luck to Snee

Thanks man, that means a lot!! :') I really hope Savage and BOB work out for yall

Man Kiko going down really sucked, dude was one of my favorite defensive players!! Also that bimbo Kave is strutting around here claiming he's got your pick, that cat needs to learn some humility!!

Well, that's because Kave is Satan's lap cat and should not be allowed in public

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm going to make the bold prediction that the Rams will prevent Seattle or San Fran from making the playoffs.

:kas

NFC West will regress this season but come on dude....

I am going to get a nice desk, nice chair, probably a 27" iMac, LCD on the wall and couch, mini fridge.

But I don't have much to decorate it. Right now I have a kickass Soundwave (thanks Fantomax) and an old Star Wars toy. Any other suggestions? I want cool looking shit, some sports memorabilia and the occasional nerdy toy/item (not at the current ez level).

You went Mac? That's not a gaming PC with a tricked out case!

Supposedly none of the example plays used were by Seattle!

Come on son, let's not pretend like the NFL isn't mad as hell about this last Super Bowl. That's the biggest attraction for new fans every season.

You could be a total dork like me and spend far too much money on stuff from here:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/

:D

I just ordered this to add to the collection:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-the-joker-bank-robber-version-2-0-hot-toys-902210/

Draxal

I'd go old school sports memorabilia (Chuck Noll, Joe Greene). Also pick out some coffee table books (I'd recommend Calvin and Hobbes).

rando14

Alligator stress toy

p6489.jpg

I love my office desk. First time I ever had someone make me a piece of furniture:

il_570xN.357815611_9zj1.jpg

My main wall is covered with this set of posters:

Plus a couple framed pictures of M&T Bank Stadium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and Memorial Stadium (the classy pictures, not the shit you get at a mall kiosk). I have a ball autographed with, at the time, all the living Baltimore World Champions, so the 2000 Ravens and the 1970, 1959 and 1958 Colts. My favorite thing I have is a framed program, ticket stub,and photos of my Grandfather and I going to the first game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in 1992.

So get some things like that.

Fox318

R04u3WM.jpg

I love my office desk. First time I ever had someone make me a piece of furniture:

il_570xN.357815611_9zj1.jpg

My main wall is covered with this set of posters:

Plus a couple framed pictures of M&T Bank Stadium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and Memorial Stadium (the classy pictures, not the shit you get at a mall kiosk). I have a ball autographed with, at the time, all the living Baltimore World Champions, so the 2000 Ravens and the 1970, 1959 and 1958 Colts. My favorite thing I have is a framed program, ticket stub,and photos of my Grandfather and I going to the first game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in 1992.

So get some things like that.

Everything about this rules, wow

Rotoworld said:
USA Today's Tom Pelissero considers Matt Cassel the "heavy favorite" to start at quarterback for the Vikings. Pelissero is a former longtime Vikings beat reporter, so his opinion is notable. Teddy Bridgewater was mixed in with the first-team offense this spring, but is pretty clearly behind Cassel.

Tape gurus Greg Cosell and Ron Jaworski have both stated Cassel is a better fit for Norv Turner's offense than Bridgewater. Turner pushes the ball vertically, which is Bridgewater's weakness.

Sorry Vikings fans, it was a fun offseason but it's about to be 2014 Starting QB Matt Cassel time

The best QB the team's ever had, it resulted in the best playoffs and Super Bowl win the team's ever had, and it was treated as a big enough joke by the players that the money he got paid is about to be dwarfed by how much fucking Andy Dalton and Alex Smith will be paid.

What I'm saying is it was more than worth it in every way.

The best QB the team's ever had, it resulted in the best playoffs and Super Bowl win the team's ever had, and it was treated as a big enough joke by the players that the money he got paid is about to be dwarfed by how much fucking Andy Dalton and Alex Smith will be paid.

What I'm saying is it was more than worth it in every way.

I like you. You're my perfect Ravens fan foil going into this season.

Best QB? That's not saying much. Unless you're including Johnny U, in which case....wrong.

Best Playoffs and Superbowl win? 2000 was better in terms of overall dominance, however beating San Francisco was the best possible solution.

When Alex Smith and Andy Dalton make more money than Flacco, then I'll start feeling better about it. I will say this, and you can quote me....Flacco is better than those two quarterbacks. Ugh, I feel dirty.

Draxal

Lord of Chaos was a fuck-awful book with a pretty awesome ending.

Ayup, next 5 books will make you want to stab your eyes. They're worse and none of them have a book redeemer like Dumai's Wells (which is probably one of the top five moments in the series).

eznark

Banned
Stop reading now. It only gets worse.

Ayup, next 5 books will make you want to stab your eyes. They're worse and none of them have a book redeemer like Dumai's Wells (which is probably one of the top five moments in the series).

I'm listening to them so it's not so bad and goes fast. A lot of it is super predictable so when I miss a small detail I can easily figure out what is going on.

Basically I just am interested to see how the series shifts when it gets a new author. The content is kind of just necessary filler for the thing I am actually interested in.

Draxal

I'm listening to them so it's not so bad and goes fast. A lot of it is super predictable so when I miss a small detail I can easily figure out what is going on.

Basically I just am interested to see how the series shifts when it gets a new author. The content is kind of just necessary filler for the thing I am actually interested in.

Sanderson's books are a good amount better than the dreck in the middle. Some complain about him getting the voice of the characters wrong, which is true, but he gets the plot of the books moving again (and to be fair RJ was increasing the pace in his last book as well).

bionic77

Stadium panoramic shots are always dope. That's what I have in my office at work.

Let me know what chair you get, I want a new one.
I think I might get the photo of Holmes TD catch for the photo along with something cool related to Kobe.

I am looking at either what WireCutter recommended or I will try my luck on Craigslist for an Aeron or something similarly fancy.

While this is beautiful I don't want to be walking around my office with a raging hard on. This makes more sense in the bedroom.

Lord of Chaos was a fuck-awful book with a pretty awesome ending.
I read those books so long ago I don't even remember what happened in half of them other than the pay offs.

You may want to start skimming the Perrin stuff for the next few books. He is about to become one of the biggest pussies of all time. Matt becomes by far the best character. Rand still does cool shit but he becomes a huge asshole (so you will probably like him more). And Jordan contributes a lot of evidence that fantasy and sci fi writers can't write women for shit.

eznark

Banned
Sanderson's books are a good amount better than the dreck in the middle. Some complain about him getting the voice of the characters wrong, which is true, but he gets the plot of the books moving again (and to be fair RJ was increasing the pace in his last book as well).

I find it strange to think someone can get the characters voices "wrong" considering they change in an instant book to book (and chapter to chapter).

My biggest gripe so far is the existence and prevalence of the black ajah. So far it feels like about 20% of all the witches are darkfriends. Which makes no sense. They already live hundred(s) of years, have more power than anyone on the planet, "kings and generals bow and scrape to them" yada yada yada.

The only thing they are offered is living longer, being able to lie, and in return their best case scenario is becomming first slave to the foresaken? It makes no logical sense that anyone would choose it.

Now I get sometimes there are illogical reasons. Like youre a psycho and just want to hurt people or you're jealous of the queen witch or whatever, but 20%?? What the fuck? and in the first book everyone claims they dont exist, now they are everywhere, at least one in every group of four or five witches.

What the fuck?

Top Bottom