• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Spinluck

Preventing people from getting married because they're gay is kind of piece of shit behavior. Dungy may be a good coach, but he's a bigot.

I know some people that think this way, and it is unfortunate. Some are even raised in it.

As a black dude Dungy has probably seen his fair share of discrimination in his time, so it sucks that he would be so quick to support such political movements. But hey, that is most Christian people for you.

Yeah, it is bigoted behavior, but a piece of shit? Since when was peoples stance on gay marriage a barometer on whether or not they are a good person? I think I know good people who have a negative view on gay marriage, but definitely aren't bad people. Just an incredibly flawed way of thinking that holds us back.

A black gay man must be conservatives worst nightmare come true.

The only way it could be worse is if he was muslim.

I guess you haven't read the latest Obama conspiracy theories!

I know some people that think this way, and it is unfortunate. Some are even raised in it.

As a black dude Dungy has probably seen his fair share of discrimination in his time, so it sucks that he would be so quick to support such political movements. But hey, that is most Christian people for you.

Yeah, it is bigoted behavior, but a piece of shit? Since when was peoples stance on gay marriage a barometer on whether or not they are a good person? I think I know good people who have a negative view on gay marriage, but definitely aren't bad people. Just an incredibly flawed way of thinking that holds us back.
It's easier for most people to keep everything black and white than deal with the realistic nuances of humanity.

dionysus

Yaldog
Tim Tebow won a Heisman.

College awards don't matter once you're in the NFL. And he's on the Rams, who have a lot of depth defensively. I hope Sam has a long career, but he has a hell of an uphill battle if he wants to start Week 1, let alone stay on the team by then.

I get that. Just historically he went low for someone with that kind of award, and there is precedent for people with bad measurables like speed, strength, etc. getting the benefit of the doubt because of their on field performance. Te'o went in the 2nd round for example.

But I did some googling and discovered that heisman trophy winners have in fact gone undrafted, so I guess he is not as much an outlier as I thought.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Didnt Charlie Ward have a fairly successful career in the NBA? Or at least play in the NBA

Yes. He didn't even try playing in the NFL, basically told teams he wasn't interested unless somebody drafted him in the 1st round because otherwise the NBA would be better money and also not kill him in the process. And obviously nobody was going to waste any pick on a dude who had better prospects in another sport.

eznark

Banned
I get that. Just historically he went low for someone with that kind of award, and there is precedent for people with bad measurables like speed, strength, etc. getting the benefit of the doubt because of their on field performance. Te'o went in the 2nd round for example.

But I did some googling and discovered that heisman trophy winners have in fact gone undrafted, so I guess he is not as much an outlier as I thought.

I doubt that is true. Maybe specifically for SEC Player of the Year but I bet there are conference players of the year that go undrafted every single year.

eznark

Banned
RACISM IS VICTORIOUS!!

BtGF3bNCYAEi3cY.jpg:large

The SEC player of the year award has only been around for like 9 years so isn't it sort of a small sample size? Players with tons of accolades and awards have never been guaranteed of anything at the NFL level, even in the draft. Jordan Lynch was a Heisman finalist and not only did he not get drafted, he had to change positions, despite putting up insane stats as a QB in college.

eznark

Banned
The SEC player of the year award has only been around for like 9 years so isn't it sort of a small sample size? Players with tons of accolades and awards have never been guaranteed of anything at the NFL level, even in the draft. Jordan Lynch was a Heisman finalist and not only did he not get drafted, he had to change positions, despite putting up insane stats as a QB in college.

NFL hates black QB's confirmed

oh

Spinluck

It's easier for most people to keep everything black and white than deal with the realistic nuances of humanity.

Yeah I agree. Now to segway off of this touchy subject. I need help making a decision!

I am going to Best Buy to part-take in that oh so sweet Buy 1 get 1 free 3DS game deal. I am for sure getting Zelda, but cannot decide on my second game. Right now it is tie between Bravely Default or Kirby 3DS.

I wish they had Kid Icarus, but that game seems to be hard to find. Fuck them.

Yeah I agree. Now to segway off of this touchy subject. I need help making a decision!

I am going to Best Buy to part-take in that oh so sweet Buy 1 get 1 free 3DS game deal. I am for sure getting Zelda, but cannot decide on my second game. Right now it is tie between Bravely Default or Kirby 3DS.

I wish they had Kid Icarus, but that game seems to be hard to find. Fuck them.
If you like classic JRPG's with job systems Bravely Default is a must. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic and it's also very polished. The only bad thing is the game has some extremely egregious copy and paste stuff going on in the latter half so if you really want to finish it you'll have to power through that stuff. Still, I think it's a fantastic JRPG.

If you don't want to play a ~70 hour JRPG then go for Kirby! I haven't played it but it seems pretty solid.

I didn't hear the tape or find an article to link, but on my local radio they were talking about an interview with Brian Hoyer where he was asked if he'd take a selfie with Justin Bieber, and he said "No, but my 2-year old would."

Shots fired!
If true

eznark

Banned
solo it's like 3000

group I think it's like 3200

I don't know, once we played our 10 games be basically stopped playing ranked and CB is a whiny bitch so we only play random draft.

By going full eznark you didn't only cross the line, but you took a shit on the line.

That;s going full FMT dipshit

Spinluck

If you like classic JRPG's with job systems Bravely Default is a must. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic and it's also very polished. The only bad thing is the game has some extremely egregious copy and paste stuff going on in the latter half so if you really want to finish it you'll have to power through that stuff. Still, I think it's a fantastic JRPG.

If you don't want to play a ~70 hour JRPG then go for Kirby! I haven't played it but it seems pretty solid.

Thanks, I am so in between. I am scared that I won't finish Default, but want to play it. I also like Kirby but feel like it will go down in price quicker.

Top Bottom