• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Colasante

Source: Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard, WR Aaron Dobson, WR Jeremy Gallon, DT Tommy Kelly & ST/WR Matt Slater to begin camp on PUP.

Dammit, Dobson. He needs to get healthy. It appears that Gronk and Wilfork won't be on it though, which is encouraging.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Says the guy who would want al Qaeda on his team

khVccgu.gif

You people are the problem!

Edit: also, zero known murderers to date on the Packers unlike New England.

Colasante

Texans cut 2013 3rd round pick Brennan Williams. Last season they cut fellow 3rd round pick Sam Montgomery. Why exactly does Rick Smith still have a job?

Apparently the Patriots were very high on Williams when he came out, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign him if he clears waivers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Texans cut 2013 3rd round pick Brennan Williams. Last season they cut fellow 3rd round pick Sam Montgomery. Why exactly does Rick Smith still have a job?

Apparently the Patriots were very high on Williams when he came out, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign him if he clears waivers.

damn that sucks.

hope greatblackotaku's nfl career isn't over before it started :(

Narag

rip GREATBLACKOTAKU

bill probably won't let him watch anime or play pokemon

Draxal

Cut due to the injury reasons.

Dragon

Banned
I know some people that think this way, and it is unfortunate. Some are even raised in it.

As a black dude Dungy has probably seen his fair share of discrimination in his time, so it sucks that he would be so quick to support such political movements. But hey, that is most Christian people for you.

Yeah, it is bigoted behavior, but a piece of shit? Since when was peoples stance on gay marriage a barometer on whether or not they are a good person? I think I know good people who have a negative view on gay marriage, but definitely aren't bad people. Just an incredibly flawed way of thinking that holds us back.

Dude Dungy embraced a constitutional amendment making gay marriage illegal: http://www.indystar.com/article/20070321/SPORTS03/703210413/Dungy-embrace-same-sex-marriage-ban

I'm going to say that I consider people 'bad' if they're so far up their own asses that they think they have the right to dictate how others live based on some supposed 2000 year old book. Especially when said people support government changes to restrict people's lives.

And frankly the only reason you're defending him is because you're a Colts fan. Trust me as a fan of a team with a coach that's pretty much a tainted bastard, I know how you feel. It's okay to root for a team even if the coach is a degenerate!

BigAT

Dude Dungy embraced a constitutional amendment making gay marriage illegal: http://www.indystar.com/article/20070321/SPORTS03/703210413/Dungy-embrace-same-sex-marriage-ban

I'm going to say that I consider people 'bad' if they're so far up their own asses that they think they have the right to dictate how others live based on some supposed 2000 year old book. Especially when said people support government changes to restrict people's lives.

And frankly the only reason you're defending him is because you're a Colts fan. Trust me as a fan of a team with a coach that's pretty much a tainted bastard, I know how you feel. It's okay to root for a team even if the coach is a degenerate!

WHY ARE YOU AGAINST FAMILY VALUES?!

"We're not trying to downgrade anyone else. But we're trying to promote the family -- family values the Lord's way," Dungy said.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
WHY ARE YOU AGAINST FAMILY VALUES?!

"We're not trying to downgrade anyone else. But we're trying to promote the family -- family values the Lord's way," Dungy said.

Something I don't get (and I actually go to church regularly) is that no one is forcing the church to perform ceremonies? It's not like the church has to recognize it as valid because the government does. I mean this is more about rights, benefits, which I'm all for. Especially when you get into issues like hospital visitation rights and other legal matters....

So who cares?

MechDX

I don't believe you can put this on Rick Smith. Wade and Gary were calling the shots on draft picks IMO. Wade got carte blanche after hitting on Watt over Fairley in 2011. And Kubiak actually has a big ego and wants to control everything.

Smith was in charge starting this year and IMO it was one of the best complete drafts the Texans have ever had. Also going into next offseason we should be around 20 million under the cap and another 10-15 with a couple expected cuts.
aka: Watt money

Spinluck

Lol, I honestly do not really care about defending Dungy's honor or what he did for the Colts. I am happy about what he did here and how he carried himself but disagree with his actions regarding the gay community. I am actually trying to separate him from the Colts in this situation and just focus on this story--you are the first to bring that up. Since he stopped coaching he has done and said PLENTY of things I do not agree with, and I'll be the first to say that lots of shit he has said is dumb and hypocritical. I like Marvin Harrison, but won't defend him being a killer (innocent till proven guilty!). I like Peyton Manning, but do not like that he is a Republican.

I guess we just have different definitions of what makes someone a piece of shit person. Because if you can build up a body of work, that is good and has helped people. But do not back gay marriage because faith based reasons, then I hardly think you are worthy of a piece of shit title. The best I can hope for is that someone talks sense into you, and opens your eyes to the many different perspectives of life. Believe it or not there are actually gay people who believe in that 2000 year old book.

MechDX

Jadeveon Clowney won't be on the physically unable to perform list to start camp. Great sign for the OLB who had June surgery. #Texans

Awwwww yeah. Luck have his head swivel ready?

RBH

My various reactions to the Falcons' offseason

The Atlanta Falcons selected OT Jake Matthews with their first-round selection.

They then took DT Ra'Shede Hageman with their second-round pick.
izE6WCUoMEMh2.gif

Atlanta Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon suffered a ruptured Achilles while working with the team's medical staff, according to the team's website. He will miss the 2014 season.
imHVAsPEpMIUs.gif

The Atlanta Falcons will be featured on HBO's Hard Knocks for this upcoming season.
ibyLkvXL9LkqdO.gif

Top Bottom