• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

bionic77

I find it strange to think someone can get the characters voices "wrong" considering they change in an instant book to book (and chapter to chapter).

My biggest gripe so far is the existence and prevalence of the black ajah. So far it feels like about 20% of all the witches are darkfriends. Which makes no sense. They already live hundred(s) of years, have more power than anyone on the planet, "kings and generals bow and scrape to them" yada yada yada.

The only thing they are offered is living longer, being able to lie, and in return their best case scenario is becomming first slave to the foresaken? It makes no logical sense that anyone would choose it.

Now I get sometimes there are illogical reasons. Like youre a psycho and just want to hurt people or you're jealous of the queen witch or whatever, but 20%?? What the fuck? and in the first book everyone claims they dont exist, now they are everywhere, at least one in every group of four or five witches.

What the fuck?
There are a lot of dangers that pop up for Rand and co. and usually they either bitch slap them down or some deus ex machina type shit saves them. The black ajah is one of many. Jordan makes them out to be incredibly dangerous and then Matt will flip his quarterstaff around and KO 2 of them by accident.

I like the way it ended though. Not sure if was worth reading all of those books because some of them were trash with absolutely nothing happening.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Some cunt guzzler keeps pulling the god damn fire alarm.

You must be high on mescaline again because that sounds more like a compliment than an insult.

Brent is disrespected.

I still hate Brent but he's better than Failco.

Bimbo? Satan's lap cat?

How dare you Rando and WanderingWind!

I am an upstanding citizen of NFLGAF.

Cats aren't people and don't have rights here. Same with Pats fans, gatas, weeaboos, and noodles.

Greg

I accidentally stole a ball from mini golf

and this was after the girl working the desk told the person I was with to keep an eye on me while I took score

I cannot be trusted

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
G0UDQLP.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My penis gets me into trouble sometimes on Tinder. I swipe right without looking at all the crucial details like how they are a single mom.

That probably sounds like chan's idea of fun but I'm not ready to jump into dat life right yet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm all about the jersey not the player.

If Rodgers went to play for a division rival he could take a long walk off a short pier.

Konka

Banned
My penis gets me into trouble sometimes on Tinder. I swipe right without looking at all the crucial details like how they are a single mom.

That probably sounds like chan's idea of fun but I'm not ready to jump into dat life right yet.

Dude no reason to be swiping left.

bionic77

As an old the idea of using an app to get sex makes me jealous.

The fact that this combination of sex and technology without the relationship or any real connection will probably have long term consequences to all parties that they don't realize will have to be my evil old man consolation.

Spinluck

I doubt a single mom would be looking for an actual relationship on Tinder.

We all know why people use that app brehs.

The fact that this combination of sex and technology without the relationship or any real connection will probably have long term consequences to all parties that they don't realize will have to be my evil old man consolation.

How did olds find sex back in the day?

Did you guys throw a cup connected to a wire through your neighbor friends window? Or did you just stalk them like Gata?

Eleuin

You're never going to meet the kid

eznark

Banned

Why? It's taking half the fun out of it. Do kids even go to bars to hook up anymore or is it all automated? May as well just stick your dick into those Japanese garlic skinners for all the excitement involved.

Did you guys throw a cup connected to a wire through your neighbor friends window? Or did you just stalk them like Gata?

go to a bar, get drunk, go home with someone and then either a. sneak out while they are showering for work or b. leave cab fare on the counter and a note that says "do not wake me up, I am sleeping" taped on the pillow next to my head.

the morning after stories are always more entertaining than "yo, got my dick wet, it was cool"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dude no reason to be swiping left.

:jnc

You guys are going to get stabbed with a pair of scissors one day by an emotionally damaged chick.

Single moms are always looking for a LTR.

Literally every profile worth looking at has "not looking for a hookup" built into it. Looks like I missed the feeding frenzy.

Granted I'm mostly looking at white chicks....not sure what other ethnicities do.

bionic77

Why? It's taking half the fun out of it. Do kids even go to bars to hook up anymore or is it all automated? May as well just stick your dick into those Japanese garlic skinners for all the excitement involved.
As an 16 year old kid I would have been happy to have had the sex without having to leverage my looks, personality or intelligence to get a girl to sleep with me.

Even you have to admit that while this shit is not as good as meeting a girl at a club or bar it has to beat self gratification.

eznark

Banned
As an 16 year old kid I would have been happy to have had the sex without having to leverage my looks, personality or intelligence to get a girl to sleep with me.

Even you have to admit that while this shit is not as good as meeting a girl at a club or bar it has to beat self gratification.

We had very different experiences as 16 year olds apparently. Sorry brah. Probably why you settled for a ball breaker.

bionic77

How did olds find sex back in the day?

You had to go to a party or a place where girls of the opposite sex were gathering.

First you went after the attractive ones. Depending on intoxication and desperation levels your standards could drop a considerable amount in a short period of time.

Ez is 100% right that it was a lot of fun and those memories probably last longer than swipe right.

Konka

Banned
You had to go to a party or a place where girls of the opposite sex were gathering.

First you went after the attractive ones. Depending on intoxication and desperation levels your standards could drop a considerable amount in a short period of time.

Ez is 100% right that it was a lot of fun and those memories probably last longer than swipe right.

I had those experiences. The iPhone was barely a year old when I started going to bars. I think you're over romanticizing it.

jakncoke

Banned
Swann was bound for North Carolina State University, but was ruled academically ineligible. Rather than enrolling at NC State as a Proposition 48 student, Swann instead opted to attend Wake Technical Community College.[3] In 1990, he left Wake Technical to join the semi-pro Bay State Titans in Lynn, Massachusetts with a $5 an hour salary.[4][5]

This about Eric Swann

bionic77

We had very different experiences as 16 year olds apparently. Sorry brah. Probably why you settled for a ball breaker.
:lol

I was a shy nerd as a teenager. Thank God for sports and the lesser intelligence of women. If it were not for those 2 things I probably would have ended up just like cajun, except angry and bitter.

Speaking of going full nerd, I had a pretty fantastic weekend. One of my good friends from college is getting married in a few weeks so myself and five other guys surprised him by getting a cabin in the middle of the woods and taking him there for three nights. Basically all we did is nerd out to the extreme; tons and tons of board games plus some video games, as well as a bunch of wonderful grilled food.

The board/card games we played (curious if any of you guys have played any of these): Sentinels of the Multiverse, Cards Against Humanity, Diplomacy, Strain, Baldurdash, Eclipse, Shadows Over Camelot, and Eye to Eye. My favorite was probably Eclipse, it's basically a 4X game in board game form that took us about 5 hours to play. Check this nerdiness out:

eclipse.jpg

So good.

As far as games we played FIFA, Towerfall (amazing couch co-op game), Smash Bros., and Mario Kart. It was wonderful.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of going full nerd, I had a pretty fantastic weekend. One of my good friends from college is getting married in a few weeks so myself and five other guys surprised him by getting a cabin in the middle of the woods and taking him there for three nights. Basically all we did is nerd out to the extreme; tons and tons of board games plus some video games, as well as a bunch of wonderful grilled food.

The board/card games we played (curious if any of you guys have played any of these): Sentinels of the Multiverse, Cards Against Humanity, Diplomacy, Strain, Baldurdash, Eclipse, Shadows Over Camelot, and Eye to Eye. My favorite was probably Eclipse, it's basically a 4X game in board game form that took us about 5 hours to play. Check this nerdiness out:

eclipse.jpg

So good.

As far as games we played FIFA, Towerfall (amazing couch co-op game), Smash Bros., and Mario Kart. It was wonderful.

That's a terrible bachelor party. At least get a hooker to share.

Tony Dungy said he wouldn't have taken Michael Sam because "things will happen" and "distraction" and blah blah blah

Reminder he begged teams to sign Vick post-release from prison. Not a distraction in his opinion.

Konka

Banned

eclipse.jpg

So good.

Now taking that to the next level of nerddom would be if you'd all huddled around a monitor to watch people play those games.

Top Bottom