• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kinda expect Hoyer to start one preseason game and Manziel the other. Hoyer vs Detroit and maybe Manziel MNF vs the Skins. Rg3 vs Manziel would be interesting, and Gruden!

Petrine also pretty much said that money phone thing happened freshman year

Wow I didn't even realize how right that prediction is.

Giving the NFL what they want for preseason Monday night.

RBH

Should I get pizza or a hoagie?

c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

"Both!"

JABEE

"Sure, he was a bust, but man was he dreamy" isn't too convincing!

No, this whole exchange is about Dungy falling over himself to get one sinner into the NFL but not another, because family values. Some say Sam isn't good and that's fine, but at the time Vick was a bust QB as well.
Vick wasn't a bust QB. He was a good sometimes spectacular player who underwhelmed given the expectations he had.

Sam wasn't seen as someone who was a potential franchise player coming out of the draft.

Vick only sucks when you judge him on whether he is a top 5 QB in the league. During his prime, he was a quality NFL player who lead an NFL team to playoff victories.

I don't even want to defend Vick, but I feel like everyone decided to revise the past because he was a dog killer.

That's a pretty decent card, how much was your rig, I'm guessing around $500?

It feels like Brady Quinn's premier was just yesterday :')

Yeah right around there, maybe closer to $600, didn't want to splurge but wanted something decent that'll last me a while my current pc is over 8 years old so I can stretch these things out lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Vick only sucks when you judge him on whether he is a top 5 QB in the league. During his prime, he was a quality NFL player who lead an NFL team to playoff victories.

I don't even want to defend Vick, but I feel like everyone decided to revise the past because he was a dog killer.
After getting out of jail he became Vick 2.0, certainly.

eznark

Banned
Michael Vick was Tim Tebow without the halo. Saying he was a sure bet compared to somebody like Michael Sam is silly.

And I saw him when he played for the Falcons. I remember his attempts at throwing the ball. :p

1. I cannot believe you are actually arguing this.
2. He went to 3 pro bowls before going to prison
3. He had a real career as an NFL starter for a number of years. He wasn't great but he put up solid numbers and eye popping performances. OG RGIII. Stafford is not awful comparison, not on raw numbers but on how far he could take a team. Claiming there were people who still thought he could play is "revisionist history" is really, really, really stupid.

Syrinx

Vick wasn't a bust QB. He was a good sometimes spectacular player who underwhelmed given the expectations he had.

Sam wasn't seen as someone who was a potential franchise player coming out of the draft.

Hey I was hating on him and calling overrated when he was with the Falcons.

JABEE

1. I cannot believe you are actually arguing this.
2. He went to 3 pro bowls before going to prison
3. He had a real career as an NFL starter for a number of years. He wasn't great but he put up solid numbers and eye popping performances. OG RGIII. Stafford is not awful comparison, not on raw numbers but on how far he could take a team. Claiming there were people who still thought he could play is "revisionist history" is really, really, really stupid.

Andy Reid and Belicheat wanted him badly. People seem to think they know what they're doing.

Top Bottom