• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Sanjuro

Most of southeast MA is pretty ghetto though...

Taunton, Brockton, New Bedford...it all runs together.

I grew up in Fall River. Live near New Bedford. Both towns have their lousy areas, but both have streamlined their main streets and downtown in recent years.

Taunton was never really a large city.

Brockton just had buildings reduced to rubble and broken streets. Reminded me of towns in Texas.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Everything is turning up Milhouse for the Bills this offseason.

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/491374847407431680

400px-Happycat.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's ok to admit you weren't a fan til a couple years ago.
Michael Vick was Tim Tebow without the halo. Saying he was a sure bet compared to somebody like Michael Sam is silly.

And I saw him when he played for the Falcons. I remember his attempts at throwing the ball. :p

Sanjuro

I agree with the Tebow to Vick comparisons. Both of them are awful quarterbacks who never amounted to anything. Tebow was just more inaccurate, which made his INT rate look beautiful.

I really hate most things about Sam to this point. but he is a smart self-promotor.

JABEE

Michael Vick was Tim Tebow without the halo. Saying he was a sure bet compared to somebody like Michael Sam is silly.

And I saw him when he played for the Falcons. I remember his attempts at throwing the ball. :p
Mike Vick was drafted first overall. Mike Vick has an arm like a fucking cannon. Mike Vick had other-world speed, agility, and shiftiness.

The only thing holding Vick back was his height and how shitty his development was as a QB.

Tim Tebow wasn't anywhere near Vick. Sam isn't in the conversation. Do you remember young Vick? Do you remember 30+ year old Vick with the Eagles when he learned how to play QB? Vick straight out of the draft was an all-time athlete, like Allen Iverson on the basketball court.

JABEE

I agree with the Tebow to Vick comparisons. Both of them are awful quarterbacks who never amounted to anything. Tebow was just more inaccurate, which made his INT rate look beautiful.

I really hate most things about Sam to this point. but he is a smart self-promotor.
Vick was much more of a sure thing coming out of the draft. Vick was a much better player in the NFL than Tebow.

Sanjuro

Mike Vick was drafted first overall. Mike Vick has an arm like a fucking cannon. Mike Vick had other-world speed, agility, and shiftiness.

The only thing holding Vick back was his height and how shitty his development was as a QB.

Tim Tebow wasn't anywhere near Vick. Sam isn't in the conversation. Do you remember young Vick? Do you remember 30+ year old Vick with the Eagles when he learned how to play QB? Vick straight out of the draft was an all-time athlete, like Allen Iverson on the basketball court.

Your second sentence made up for your first.

There was one guy on here that used to argue with me all the time that Michael Vick was the greatest quarterback of ALL TIME.

Tom Penny

I grew up in Fall River. Live near New Bedford. Both towns have their lousy areas, but both have streamlined their main streets and downtown in recent years.

Taunton was never really a large city.

Brockton just had buildings reduced to rubble and broken streets. Reminded me of towns in Texas.

So you know lots of people that did H bomb?

Sanjuro

Vick was much more of a sure thing coming out of the draft. Vick was a much better player in the NFL than Tebow.

Yeah, I would have probably taken him as well.

Is he a massive failure at the professional level? Absolutely.

You had the pleasure of watching him the one season he needed to accomplish something, which made him look even more embarrassing as he didn't give enough of a shit to do that on a yearly basis.

Huh? Vick was a force of nature when he was healthy.

Which was not very often, admittedly

JABEE

Yeah, I would have probably taken him as well.

Is he a massive failure at the professional level? Absolutely.

You had the pleasure of watching him the one season he needed to accomplish something, which made him look even more embarrassing as he didn't give enough of a shit to do that on a yearly basis.

He was a massive failure because he wasted his talent. He didn't practice and coaches gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted.

Tom Penny

Other than slaying dogs Vick career was not a failure. Lasted longer than the majority and is still a top 60 QB and the best one the Jets have.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
He was a massive failure because he wasted his talent. He didn't practice and coaches gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted.
Good ol Jim Mora!

The man who made Paul Allen convinced we needed to start over. We owe it all to him!

Sanjuro

Other than slaying dogs Vick career was not a failure. Lasted longer than the majority and is still a top 60 QB and the best one the Jets have.

His longevity is directly related to GMs praying he wouldn't be a fuck up anymore, not what he actively accomplished on the field.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
"Sure, he was a bust, but man was he dreamy" isn't too convincing!
Sam isn't in the conversation.
No, this whole exchange is about Dungy falling over himself to get one sinner into the NFL but not another, because family values. Some say Sam isn't good and that's fine, but at the time Vick was a bust QB as well.

I'd get so frustrated at the games seeing a receiver wide open with his hands in the air while Vick either ran for a few yards or threw to another receiver who was double covered.

rando14

Fucken post office lied to me! I'm not getting my processor until tomorrow and I have class at night so no new pc until Wednesday :(

Dang that sucks, waiting for those types of packages is killer!!

Are you gonna be gaming on this computer, aka will you and me finally be able to hook up and play some sweet games online!! We could team up and beat up Greg in War Thunder!! :cool:

Dang that sucks, waiting for those types of packages is killer!!

Are you gonna be gaming on this computer, aka will you and me finally be able to hook up and play some sweet games online!! We could team up and beat up Greg in War Thunder!! :cool:

Hell yes! It's not top of the line but it'll play any new games

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
According to coach Mike Pettine, we’ll have a winner of the Browns’ QB derby in about a month.

In a Q&A published Monday, Pettine told the Akron Beacon Journal the club will pick a starting quarterback by the club’s August 23 preseason game vs. St. Louis.

“I don’t know if I’ll set a date and kind of paint ourselves into a date, but it will be sooner than the third preseason game,” Pettine told Nate Ulrich of the Beacon Journal.

Teams typically play their starters more in the third exhibition game than in any of the other preseason contests, so if the Browns stick to the plan, the No. 1 quarterback will get an extended stint with the first-team offense in an important dress rehearsal for Cleveland.

Hoyer, a sixth-year pro who attended high school in Cleveland, will try to hold off the rookie Manziel, a first-round pick and the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner.

Top Bottom