• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

jakncoke

Banned
He threw it all over the squealers.

Normally impressive given our track record on defense, but last year D was a joke but you know who couldnt get it done vs. us

i5sxthZbdXbYh.gif

(still cant find footage/gifs from Stafford game ending int last year)

MechDX

NFLGAF and the media in general are sleeping on the Bills. They've got a lot of good, young talent and if EJ Manuel plays decent I think they could be a AFC wildcard team.

Yeah and I thought Miami would take that step last year.

Every year I wait for the impending demise of Brady/Manning and every year they slug through shitty divisions to just falter in the playoffs.

I'd probably rather have old man Brady than any of the other starting QBs in the division.

AFC East QBs:
EJ Manuel
Jeff Tuel
Thaddeus Lewis
Michael Vick
Geno Smith
David Garrard
Tajh Boyd
Ryan Tannehill
Brock Jensen
Matt Moore
Pat Devlin
Ryan Mallett
Jimmy Garoppolo
Tom Brady

Color me shocked that the aging decreasing QB is still the only good option out of that bunch of shit

Konka

Banned
Yeah and I thought Miami would take that step last year.

Every year I wait for the impending demise of Brady/Manning and every year they slug through shitty divisions to just falter in the playoffs.

Miami took a step last year. Just in the wrong direction.

Is gronk good to go? Not talking bout his STD battle but football health?

It's like last year: he says he's ready to go now, everybody else says not until regular season Week 1 at best, nobody actually knows when the hell he'll play aside from he'll probably play this year.

I'd take 2014 Tannehill over 2014 Brady in a heartbeat, especially with the Patriots o-line.

Not really. They went from 7-9 to 8-8. Spun the tires, really.

That's the only thing we've been doing since the 1-16 season. And since we got rid of our entire oline I'd say that's a step up, they should have been replaced last year.

mr2xxx

Banned
NFLGAF and the media in general are sleeping on the Bills. They've got a lot of good, young talent and if EJ Manuel plays decent I think they could be a AFC wildcard team.

Not with That defense, Kiko is gone, Darius is Haynesworth 2.0, and they have no replacement for Byrd.

Your optimism is impressive
I never said the Dolphins were going to be good this year but I think they have a better team than last year on paper. If the o-line gels I could see them going 9-7.

The "scandal" was totally blown out of proportion by the media in terms of how much it actually affected the team on the field.

I don't really see it as optimism, honestly. I try to be pretty realistic with my expectations.

Wow that's the most football talk I've seen in a while.
I am on edge because while I was gone this weekend (first time away from my daughter) my wife sent me a picture of her looking at a picture of Tom Brady at my mother-in-law's. This is going to be a lifelong struggle and it has resulted in my passionate hatred for the Patriots becoming even more intense.

At this point I might care more about the Patriots failing than the Dolphins winning anything. Both would be ideal, of course.

Darkest isn't wrong, our team has improved in a few areas since last year. Especially the O-line. The only weakness at oline is depth now (which will matter the first few weeks without that idiot pouncey) Last year we got hurt by injuries to our WRs and our Corners, both of which look strong with everyone back and healthy.

This is how I would break down our team:

Strength:
D-Line
WR (Decimated by injuries last year)
DBs (Except for Grimes, bad last year)

Average/Ok
Secondary
QB
Special teams

TBD
Oline (On paper better then last year)
RBs (Same as oline)

Bad
LBs (We switched our LBs but it's yet to be seen if that'll help)

If only!

Warlock + rocket launcher feels OP right now....or at least you can't bunch up around one of those guys. They just clear rooms.

We've done mostly Crucible with 6 players and yeah, wish it was more because we've had people looking in from the outside on our groups a number of times. I hope they bump it to 12 v 12.

It's still just territories like in the Alpha, right? I haven't messed with pvp in the beta yet but I will after knocking out this other content or maybe if I'm on solo and you guys need another player.

I'm torn on going to our opening game as it's Monday Night Football, I'd have to take 2 days off work to make it happen and I'm already taking off a few weeks for vacation less than a month before the season begins... We're just jonesing so hard for Football come that time and it'd be neat being at a prime time again.

I am on edge because while I was gone this weekend (first time away from my daughter) my wife sent me a picture of her looking at a picture of Tom Brady at my mother-in-law's. This is going to be a lifelong struggle and it has resulted in my passionate hatred for the Patriots becoming even more intense.

At this point I might care more about the Patriots failing than the Dolphins winning anything. Both would be ideal, of course.
She felt his greatness. She is one of ours.

Darkest isn't wrong, our team has improved in a few areas since last year. Especially the O-line. The only weakness at oline is depth now (which will matter the first few weeks without that idiot pouncey) Last year we got hurt by injuries to our WRs and our Corners, both of which look strong with everyone back and healthy.

This is how I would break down our team:

Strength:
D-Line
WR (Decimated by injuries last year)
DBs (Except for Grimes, bad last year)

Average/Ok
Secondary
QB
Special teams

TBD
Oline (On paper better then last year)
RBs (Same as oline)

Bad
LBs (We switched our LBs but it's yet to be seen if that'll help)
Other potential reasons for optimism:

- Year two of Tannehill/Wallace.
- Healthy Dion Jordan (although the PED thing hurt, obviously)
- Healthy Jamar Taylor and Will Davis (potentially improved secondary)
- Addition of Knowshon (assuming he isn't completely broken)
- Solid upgrades from the draft on paper, especially with Landry and James.
- New more potentially exciting offense

Lots of question marks as always but I think there is more pointing to the team improving than getting worse.

EDIT: Also, scrappy wh... umm... linebacker:

aWb7Y.St.56.jpeg

Other potential reasons for optimism:

- Year two of Tannehill/Wallace.
- Healthy Dion Jordan (although the PED thing hurt, obviously)
- Healthy Jamar Taylor and Will Davis (potentially improved secondary)
- Addition of Knowshon (assuming he isn't completely broken)
- Solid upgrades from the draft on paper, especially with Landry and James.
- New more potentially exciting offense

Lots of question marks as always but I think there is more pointing to the team improving than getting worse.

EDIT: Also, scrappy wh... umm... linebacker:

aWb7Y.St.56.jpeg

smh fucken Ireland and those stupid contracts to wheeler and ellerbee, but all good points and reasons to have a little hope this season. We aren't at :kas levels of optimism yet!

Future, what are your thoughts/predictions for your Week 1 Opening Monday Night Football game against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field?
Until I see more from preseason, I won't have one. Too many unanswered questions for the Giants at the moment. New offensive line that's in flux with the Snee retirement, completely new offensive system to learn, no set tight end, etc.

Defensively plenty of questions there, too. I'll throw in a prediction when the last preseason game is played.

Spinluck

Don't worry, Tammy and Bill won't be around for long.

However, as long as Bill keeps coming up with gimmicks to troll the division and win it every year, they will have a ticket to the playoffs.

Red....stahp.

I would take old broken Brady over Stafford.

Don't worry, Tammy and Bill won't be around for long.

However, as long as Bill keeps coming up with gimmicks to troll the division and win it every year, they will have a ticket to the playoffs.

I would take old broken Brady over Stafford.

Bring back Rex Grossman to the league and I would take him over Stafford

Top Bottom