• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
At about 6 you started to really follow sports, really? All I remember at that age is that I existed.

Yep! I remember checking out a book at the library, a kids guide about football that was really neatly illustrated. Described rules, terms, basic formations and strategy, etc. Down to stuff like how offensive linemen were allowed to block when run blocking vs pass blocking. I can't remember the title of that book, it would be a pretty good beginners book even today I think for anyone wanting to learn, though it would have to be updated of course to reflect current trends.

mr2xxx

Banned
Yep! I remember checking out a book at the library, a kids guide about football that was really neatly illustrated. Described rules, terms, basic formations and strategy, etc. Down to stuff like how offensive linemen were allowed to block when run blocking vs pass blocking. I can't remember the title of that book, it would be a pretty good beginners book even today I think for anyone wanting to learn, though it would have to be updated of course to reflect current trends.

First pro sports related memory for me was probably Jordan vs Magic when I was 9. I'm sure watched NFL & NBA games when I was younger but I didn't really get into until middle school where I watched ESPN all day and everyone would ask who won what since I became a human sports ticket.

Greg

Awesome, I'll let you take first dibs then, I already ate so I can skip the wine and dine part
you're good people

I would say the one up front, but I won't pick until after I ask her kindly to step aside so I can see the personality of her other two friends

brentech

I remember trading a neighbor a Roberto Alomar card for Ken Griffey Jr's rookie tops card. Few days later he wanted his card back. EAD
Still have the card!

Doesn't matter anyways. My uncle used to write books about memorabilia and has rooms full of autographed everything's. I have signed bb's from KG Jr, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, and Cal Ripkin Jr in my office.

Now he writes books on straight sports history. Mostly local to New York State.

rando14

I have signed bb's from KG Jr

ibyNkwtavbWe5i.gif

All 49ers fans remember the shame of Cortez :(

God what a fucker he was, so many blown games on a fg or extra point.

i believe he still holds the niners record for consecutive made FG's to start a career with 12. then he just fell off the planet. still, i would take cortez 8 days a week over owen pochman. just typing his name out makes me want to nerd rage

brentech

when i looked up who he was, the 4th or 5th link down, was "the 7 worst 49ers kickers in franchise history"
or something to that effect

Top Bottom