• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xc3wcJJ.jpg

He must be happy to play for them now!

rando14

Hope this doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

I’ve been sharing some of my Madden 08 uploads while I tested out settings and see what works best, and I’m still looking for improvements as the file sizes do tend to be large, but all in all I’ve been happy with the results I’m currently at.

This is week 11 of my Madden 08 PC League I’m playing in. I’m really not that good, so don’t expect flashes of greatness or big plays, but it’s a lot of fun to play, and it’s been fun testing out actually being able to record full games.

So without further ado, here we go. Week 11 – Buccaneers (the other guy) @ Falcons (Me). A very nerve racking game, and very close with a crazy ending. Hope some of you watch and enjoy it a little bit =) All feedback is welcome! FMT, feel free to give me some Madden tips. :p

Madden 08 PC - Buccaneers @ Falcons (me)

Finally was able to watch this, twas awesome!! Dat fumble challenge in the 4th quarter :p

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 3m
Herm Edwards says on ESPN that #Panthers are least improved in free agency. Jokes they are going back to option football. #wingT

We'll have the last laugh when McNutt's going for 1500 yds, 10 TDs next year.

Heroman

Banned
We only signed one DE from what I remember and resigned Babineux who is a DT. I want to say we can't go wrong if we go OT or take a pass rusher. I'm thinking I would prefer us take one of the top pass rushers as I think we could get a Tackle in the second round. I will so everything I've been hearing about Robinson is very intriguing.
I mix up the de and dt. I agree that we can't go wrong with either OT or De. I just want them to fix their oline and dline . I can't take another season like last years.

ShaneB

Finally was able to watch this, twas awesome!! Dat fumble challenge in the 4th quarter :p

Haha, thanks man, yeah, was a crazy game.

I played my next game last night and got absolutely crushed, recorded that one and quickly deleted it. Back to hating the game I guess :p

edit: also, yay on the Zach Miller resigning!

Just finished watching Anchorman 2, that was good times.

Peppers is a good signing by the Packers obviously but:

1.) How comfortable is he going to be in a 3-4 defense? The guy has been a knuckles in the ground, 4-3 defensive end his whole career.

2.) He's 34.

Riley Reiff, Larry Warford, LaAdrian Waddle will handle business and protect Stafford so I'm not even worried.
Has he really been in a 4-3 his whole career? Before the Bears signed him Peppers agent said he'd prefer being in a 3-4 anyway. He'll be fine.

MechDX

Browns nabbed their RB, agreed to terms with former Texans RB Ben Tate on a two-year deal, per source.--Twitter

Texans file tampering charges in 3...2...

MechDX

Browns fans on twitter get touchy when you ask why anyone WANTS to go to Cleveland and call their city a boil on the ass of America

Would have preferred Edelman to Hawkings, would be crap now if Bengals match now that Edelman re-signed in NE, especially given the Browns interest in him.

MechDX

Congrats to my Patriot cousins!

Make that last run for Tom! We will be waiting to graciously ascend that throne you have built with your years of dominance!

Tom Penny

Good offseason so far. We need another TE and pass rusher.

Yep. Pass catching TE. Can't trust Gronk. Was not a fan of zero TE usage for 8 straight games to start the season. Need as many big targets in the Redzone as possible. Would be funny if they kick the tires and league min Kenny Britt..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom