• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Peppers will only be used in a pass rush situation I think. Can't play coverage but has had 29.5 sacks over the last three years. The switch to a 3-4 defense could get something more out of him.

Also - the cap hit is being reported at 3.5 mil this year (unconfirmed). If that is the case it's not a huge amount of money to spend on him.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm going to call it now.

Peppers has already peaked and will never be the player he was.

Enjoy Revis wanting to get paid more three weeks into the season.

...that's all I got.

I can't defend this. We watch more film on the Bears than anyone else and this was considered a good idea. Like it was already said, Ware and Tuck would have made more sense. I'm sure Tuck would rather go to Green Bay than Oakland!

Edit: if it's only 3.5 million in reality then ignore all of this. That's a fair price.

squicken

BixjXVvIYAEJU_J.jpg:large

Seems like you could build a farm in Detroit for not much money

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Seems like you could build a farm in Detroit for not much money

That's square footage for houses right?

Seems a bit low for just land especially considering how Houston is so massive that a million dollars should be getting you a 10000 sq ft mansion.

Edit: People comparing this to Reggie White haha. It'd be an okay comparison if Peppers hadn't already started to decline in a big way unlike Reggie.

That's square footage for houses right?

Seems a bit low for just land especially considering how Houston is so massive that a million dollars should be getting you a 10000 sq ft mansion.

Edit: People comparing this to Reggie White haha. It'd be an okay comparison if Peppers hadn't already started to decline in a big way unlike Reggie.

Peppers has peaked,

Tom Penny

Congrats

Just for everyone who is complaining about his age. Reggie White was 32 when we signed him and turned 33 during the 93' season. When we won the SB he was over 35! Don't write off Peppers because he's 34. That was when White was winning his first ring

Heroman

Banned
Signing Peppers makes absolutely no sense for the Packers. Peppers is a 4-3 DE and i doubt that he has anything left in the tank.

tmdorsey

Whatz up NflGaf. My account was just activated a few days ago. My team is the Atalanta Falcon and I hope this will become my home on Neogaf.
RIISSSSSEEE UPPP

Welcome friend. So what you think we should do with our pick? OT, DE, or BPA?

You are a smart man. I use to main Spinal back in the day. I almost want to get an One just for KI.

Mech,

Your team better keep their grubby hands off him!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/unknown-linebacker-now-projected-top-155154213.html

Choice quotes from Hakeem Nicks on why he's not playing for the Panthers.

“Yeah they made an offer when I talked to (Panthers general manager) Dave Gettleman,” Nicks said. “But you know it just didn’t pan out the right way. I feel like this is the best fit for me.”

“After talking to Gettleman I think he agreed that this was the best situation for me too even though they made the offer,” Nicks said. “Like I said I feel like I made the best decision and I’m ready to make the best of it.”

Now, I believe that playing with Andrew Luck and not in Mike Shula's prehistoric offense is the best thing for his career, but I'm not sure he's self-aware enough to realize that. I think he just went where the money was.

squicken

The Raiders are targeting Texans QB Matt Schaub and Jets QB Mark Sanchez.

Two of the four veteran quarterbacks the Oakland Raiders plan to target in free agency are not yet free agents, although that is expected to change soon.

Matt Schaub of the Houston Texans tops the list, followed by the New York Jets' Mark Sanchez and current unrestricted free agents Josh Freeman and Michael Vick, in that order, according to a source.

Schaub and Sanchez are expected to be cut by their respective teams soon.

The Raiders currently have three quarterbacks on their roster in Terrelle Pryor, Matt McGloin and Trent Edwards. Coach Dennis Allen said he was not sure whether the team's quarterback of the future is in the locker room at this time.

I also read on Vic Tafur's TL that the Texans don't plan on cutting Schoob any time soon. Could be they want better terms on a trade, or don't want to show their hand in the draft

BigAT

Did someone upload a virus to the Ted Thompson robot?

And for anyone that is still wondering what the Giants thought of Hakeem Nicks, they didn't even make him an offer.

Bowser

Choice quotes from Hakeem Nicks on why he's not playing for the Panthers.

“Yeah they made an offer when I talked to (Panthers general manager) Dave Gettleman,” Nicks said. “But you know it just didn’t pan out the right way. I feel like this is the best fit for me.”

“After talking to Gettleman I think he agreed that this was the best situation for me too even though they made the offer,” Nicks said. “Like I said I feel like I made the best decision and I’m ready to make the best of it.”

Now, I believe that playing with Andrew Luck and not in Mike Shula's prehistoric offense is the best thing for his career, but I'm not sure he's self-aware enough to realize that. I think he just went where the money was.

I get the sense it was either a lowball offer or there wasn't been a real offer at all...

brentech

lol it's a few Pack fans on my FB feed that actually like it.

It really just doesn't make sense. We already have a few too many guys that are kind of in-between the optimal size for 3-4 DEs/OLBs.
I have no idea where they plan to play him, but I have to assume they'll keep him at DE. I'd just rather get more looks at Datone Jones at this point.

Dragon

Banned
it's hard to know who is online on xbone. i can't fucking stand how XBL is on xbone. its like everything is a separate app. makes it a real pain to see who is online or to check because you dont get notifications. with PSN, i turn the system on and boom everything is there basically on the same giant menu screen. i don't need to select an app and wait for it to load.

anyways enough ranting i'll keep an eye out for you or any other nfl KI'ers!

in ps4 news, trying to decide if i should buy infamous digital or retail. trying to buy any ps4 games i want digital so i dont have to take madden out of the system since it is the only game i play at least once every couple days

PSN is running a spend 60, get 10 back promotion this week, so you'd get Infamous for 10 bucks off essentially if you wanted to go that route.

Edit: Man my shit just made me remember the Patriots got Browner! Yes!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Peppers is a good signing by the Packers obviously but:

1.) How comfortable is he going to be in a 3-4 defense? The guy has been a knuckles in the ground, 4-3 defensive end his whole career.

2.) He's 34.

Riley Reiff, Larry Warford, LaAdrian Waddle will handle business and protect Stafford so I'm not even worried.

eznark

Banned
I think Ted Thompson is just trying to even out the North a bit and give the others a chance. Fraudgers is healthy and Goodell demands as much competitive balance as he can fake.

At least Peppers will be useful on passing down.

Enjoy the only safety in football worse than Conte, Bob. Smug douche!

Heroman

Banned
Welcome friend. So what you think we should do with our pick? OT, DE, or BPA?

Ot. We got a couple of good DE in free agency, and dont need help in other postion. What we do need is a good oline. If we had a competent one last season we would have done much better.

I guess I could see Peppers having a Jenkins role of just eating blocks and opening things up for Raji and Daniels but still... odd.

This strikes me as damning of Datone Jones more than anything.

eznark

Banned
Raji is getting played at NT this year and nothing else apparently. If anything it will be his job to eat guys for Peppers.

I assume they are going to play a lot more hybrid fronts with fewer linebackers on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom