• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Peppers to the Packers? I honestly had to read that headline a couple times over just to make sure I was reading it right. Such an un-Ted Thompson like move. I guess he's grown tired of wasting first round picks on defensive line busts and wanted to see what it's like to sign one to a big deal instead.

tmdorsey

Ot. We got a couple of good DE in free agency, and dont need help in other postion. What we do need is a good oline. If we had a competent one last season we would have done much better.

We only signed one DE from what I remember and resigned Babineux who is a DT. I want to say we can't go wrong if we go OT or take a pass rusher. I'm thinking I would prefer us take one of the top pass rushers as I think we could get a Tackle in the second round. I will so everything I've been hearing about Robinson is very intriguing.

Greg

I'm sitting in too much salt to move.

I'd rather that we had overspent on Greg Jennings. Or on Jairus Byrd. Or so many other things.
hey now, it's not that bad of a move compared to that bum

Not sure how I feel about Peppers signing
image.php

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
hey now, it's not that bad of a move compared to that bum

You're probably right although I had a bigger issue with his sister or whoever (Greg Jennings pretending to be a chick on twitter probably).

Like it was said earlier, is Datone Jones that bad?

He'll be the new Woodson! Everyone said he was washed up when TT signed him too! You'll all see!

#holdingontohope

Woodson was only 29 :\

eznark

Banned
It's not that big a spend. I'm less annoyed at the contract than I am at the notion of Peppers being a lazy piece of shit.

Greg

Like it was said earlier, is Datone Jones that bad?
"At the end of the day, Datone Jones needs to be on the field and being utilized," McCarthy said.

"(He's) a very talented young man," the coach added. "His injury (in) training camp set him back. There's a number of packages that he was a big part of, a primary part of, and frankly, we really didn't get to a lot of 'em just because of the way the season went with our injuries. I'm looking forward to getting him back in the offseason. I feel strongly Datone will be one of those second-year players that takes a huge jump, and that'll be my expectations for him."
#YOTTO

Maybe he realized this may be his last legit chance at a ring and that lights a fire under his behind.
Maybe knowing he no longer plays with a QB who would throw the game away with picks no matter how much effort he played with will give him a reason to try again.
Plus being able to wipe that shitty Bears stench and go to the greatest team in football would reinvigorate anyone, I'd imagine.

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer

I'm honestly interested to see Blaine Gabbert work with Jim Harbaugh. I know that sounds funny. But he's fixed a lot of guys in the past.

Harbz is going to turn Gabbert into Manning, and then take him with him next year to Miami.

Dolphins dynasty is back on!

Tom Penny

Not yet. I'd like to think that the longer this goes on without any word, the more likely it is that he agrees to an extension, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Why rush. They will look for a dumb trade partner and at the same time the clock is ticking and his market dries up then release him if they have to.

Greg

If he's a wunderkind on the level of Clay Matthews, it's still taking him 1/2 of the season to figure things out. My money is on him playing 1/5 of snaps.
if he's on the level of Clay Matthews, by the time he figures things out he'll be gone for the rest of the season

Florio, so take with a giant grain of salt, but seems to confirm what I thought; Panthers didn't really make an offer to Nicks despite what he says:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ork-right-away-on-making-an-impact-for-colts/
Oh I'm sure it was some lowball shit offer that he knew he wouldn't take. Gettleman was with the Giants during Hakeem's prime and you know he's still tight with the top brass in NY. The fact the Giants didn't even make him an offer should tell you how the team feels about him.

In the end, the Colts are a good landing spot for him. He's in a good position to revitalize his career. Hopefully he can do that and be the beast he once was. I have my doubts he can stay healthy enough to do it though.

DMczaf

"You know what? I have read too many books about autism," Cavallari said on Fox, where the comment was met with immediate skepticism from Kennedy.

"There is a pediatric group called Homestead, or Home First? Pregnancy brain, I've got it confused," she continued on Thursday. "They've never vaccinated any of their children and they haven't had one case of autism. And now, 1 in 88 boys is autistic, which is a really scary statistic ... The vaccinations have changed over the years, there's more mercury and other..."

tumblr_n0jpmxeH1w1rpuwpro2_500.gif

tumblr_n0jpmxeH1w1rpuwpro3_500.gif

WedgeX

Banned
Peppers is a good signing by the Packers obviously but:

1.) How comfortable is he going to be in a 3-4 defense? The guy has been a knuckles in the ground, 4-3 defensive end his whole career.

2.) He's 34.

Riley Reiff, Larry Warford, LaAdrian Waddle will handle business and protect Stafford so I'm not even worried.

As much I love the Lions new offensive line, Peppers is still a little scary...

ih4z8rAcnO6o4.jpg

And evil

iA3RyMNwJAKtf.jpg

MRSA

Banned
Raiders resigned Usama Young to a 2 year deal, good rotational S. Now bring back Chucky as well.

Still need a fat boy up the middle who can clog not only his arteries but the middle of a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom