• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
he still could. but i think the team making him go to rehab and sitting him out 5 games (and yes, i guarantee the team made him go and it wasn't his decision alone) convinced goddell to let things be and if something comes up again then there will be a long suspension

He got paid during that. Cannot believe the players didn't meltdown. Of course, we might see lots of players going to rehab in 2014.

He got paid during that. Cannot believe the players didn't meltdown. Of course, we might see lots of players going to rehab in 2014.

yeah but the niners decided to do that in the hopes that he will remember it when it comes time to renegotiate his contract.... which of course he will not remember and still ask for massive money that we can't pay him

eznark

Banned
yeah but the niners decided to do that in the hopes that he will remember it when it comes time to renegotiate his contract.... which of course he will not remember and still ask for massive money that we can't pay him

That's fine. The point is the league dropped exactly zero punishment on him.

I actually do like Cleveland, though I'm sure a lot of that has to do with just growing up in Ohio. I didn't actually live there proper (I was about 90 miles west), but I still liked to go visit, especially for the Indians games (especially during the mid-late '90s...Jacobs Field was crazy).

We need to go this year!

ShaneB

Speaking of fans, the book I'm reading Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer is pretty great so far. It's about Alabama and the RV culture that follows the team throughout the season. It's fun reading about the dedication fans have for teams, but also it makes me realize that there's no doubt some of these people are legit crazy!
KuGsj.gif

cajunator

Banned
I dont even like the Jaguars. Im not the only one here who lives in a different city as their team.

This still doesnt make sense to me at all really. well I mean you dont have to live in the same city but at least same region. Patriots are a whole different region. why didnt you pick Bucs or another florida team? Or even the Panthers?

That looks like reckless driving, not a DUI. Did something change?

do you not know what a wet and reckless is?

"We are resolving the case Friday by pleading to a wet reckless," Golde said.

it is still a DUI, albeit it looks "better" on your record. both of the penalties are similar. i had a friend who got a wet and reckless last year and to be honest there isn't a major difference in the definition other than her attorney pleaded down to a wet and reckless because she was still close to the limit (but still over)

cdyhybrid

except he does have a DUI on his record. it will stay on his record until he completes the terms of the plea deal

So you're telling me if he completes the terms of his plea deal, he won't have a DUI on his record. At which point, he will have committed a DUI, even though it is not on his record at that time.

cdyhybrid

The comeback is greater than the win!

I'm just trying to stay within the realm of facts - facts like being arrested for getting hammered and driving halfway up a tree is grounds for punishment from the league.

Staying within factual reality is getting harder and harder these days though!

So you're telling me if he completes the terms of his plea deal, he won't have a DUI on his record. At which point, he will have committed a DUI, even though it is not on his record at that time.

actually no. in glancing at it the "wet reckless" stays on your record for 10 years. it looks like the main difference is you avoid jail time and the fines are lessened. if marshawn were to get a DUI tomorrow then, the "wet reckless" would still count as another previous DUI offense. sorry brah!

I'm just trying to stay within the realm of facts - facts like being arrested for getting hammered and driving halfway up a tree is grounds for punishment from the league.

Staying within factual reality is getting harder and harder these days though!

if i were commissioner i would rather have a player hit a tree than hit a person and flee the scene (most likely because he was drunk)

cdyhybrid

if i were commissioner i would rather have a player hit a tree than hit a person and flee the scene (most likely because he was drunk)

If I were commissioner I'd probably punish players who committed the same crime in the eyes of the legal system (the authority on crimes) with the same penalty! But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom