• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Kinda disappointed the Bucs didn't get Sanders. I know the Steelers fans here shat on him a bit, but we really need more depth at WR.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Broncs get Sanders, we get Lafelle. I'm glad we got Edelman over Sanders though, as long as he's healthy he's the better player.

MechDX

No. RT @mysizemore: @ArianFoster Get your ass back on Twitter! Now!
--Arian Foster back on Twitter

Awesome! Must have found his smile.

Colasante

Broncs get Sanders, we get Lafelle. I'm glad we got Edelman over Sanders though, as long as he's healthy he's the better player.

I don't think LaFelle will even make the team. I see them looking for more receiver help in the draft, but I don't mind adding LaFelle and Britt for now and seeing if they can stick through training camp.

Duxxy3

I don't think LaFelle will even make the team. I see them looking for more receiver help in the draft, but I don't mind adding LaFelle and Britt for now and seeing if they can stick through training camp.

Out of the two, I think Britt would have the better chance of making the team. LaFelle seems to have the same issues that our rookie WR's have - bad hands.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Out of the two, I think Britt would have the better chance of making the team. LaFelle seems to have the same issues that our rookie WR's have - bad hands.

Britt would absolutely make it.

Really? There is no chance they drop him based on his size alone.

squicken

Bi0HeZlCUAAthLt.jpg:large

Panthers WRs corps and career stats

Colasante

Britt would absolutely make it.

Really? There is no chance they drop him based on his size alone.

Why? If a wide receiver isn't any good, size is irrelevant. They've had wideouts like Kamar Aiken, Quentin Sims, and Tiquan Underwood, who were all 6'1-6'3, but they simply weren't good and couldn't latch onto the roster. They have Dobson as a tall receiver for the X position, so while size is something to look for in an additional receiver, it's far from the be all, end all.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why? If a wide receiver isn't any good, size is irrelevant. They've had wideouts like Kamar Aiken, Quentin Sims, and Tiquan Underwood, who were all 6'1-6'3, but they simply weren't good and couldn't latch onto the roster. They have Dobson as a tall receiver for the X position, so while size is something to look for in an additional receiver, it's far from the be all, end all.

Because Lafell is basically proven to be what he is at this point in his career (although his numbers were down compared to the year before), they know what they're getting with him, they'll want him to be a big body who can win one on ones. He would have a lot easier time as long as we have a few bodies out there and can spread the field a bit.

chadskin

Adam Schefter said:
So on it goes. Denver adds WR Emmanuel Sanders, New England adds WR Brandon LaFell.

And the Jets add James Jones. #pleeeease

Matt Miller said:
#Panthers current wide receiver depth chart, courtesy of @Ourlads_Shonka. pic.twitter.com/x1KdFyCCKW
Bi0Pe5mCQAEgha8.png

Smith, LaFell and Ginn gone, not much of quality left of the Panthers WR corpse of last year.

Godslay

Banned
Nice pickup. Curious the details obviously, and not a Decker replacement, but I like it. Probably one of the better remaining WRs in FA imo. Still should draft a WR, even if it's a late guy like Jeff Janis. Now, we need a backup/challenger to MLB, and some O linemen. Wouldn't be mad if they added WR, MLB, G/T, DE, and late round QB in the draft.

Bowser

3 years, $11m...don't think he's gonna make that kind of dough and not make the team. He wasn't great, but he's definitely serviceable.

One of the ATL podcast guys predicted Carolina to finish last in the NFC South this year.

Only one? I have no hope for this season.

Carolina...

2142264-7796_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom