• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Da league better get ready for...

YRsk4Kr.png
NcNutt was amazing for Miami last
pre
season.

Striker

Hawk fans, gimme da scoop.

Adam Schefter & #8207;@AdamSchefter 1m
Giants and former Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

I'd prefer it over signing DRC, who is still visiting I guess. Curious on details.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Da league better get ready for...

YRsk4Kr.png

I love this picture.

So if either of these players make a catch, the announcers won't have anything to say about them because no one knows who they are!

It's just amazing to me that if they really roll into the season with so many unproven receivers, you may have a bunch of guys who have terrible issues with drops, running the correct routes, or improvising when needed under pressure. Who knows how they'll stack up against 1st string corners either and if they can fake them out or burn them.

How is this even a solution for a 12-4 team with a franchise quarterback?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I love this picture.

So if either of these players make a catch, the announcers won't have anything to say about them because no one knows who they are!

It's just amazing to me that if they really roll into the season with so many unproven receivers, you may have a bunch of guys who have terrible issues with drops, running the correct routes, or improvising when needed under pressure. Who knows how they'll stack up against 1st string corners either and if they can fake them out or burn them.

How is this even a solution for a 12-4 team with a franchise quarterback?

Says a lot about what the Panthers FO thought about the WRs actually on the team last season.

Seems like they're firm to the belief that the guys they have now plus whoever they get in the draft and whatever castoffs they get later on from other teams will be as good as the guys they had last year..

It's pretty crazy.

Hawk fans, gimme da scoop.

I'd prefer it over signing DRC, who is still visiting I guess. Curious on details.

Missed 2011/2012 with a broken leg. Likely slide into the slot corner position T2 occupied according to a few beat writers which means no chance the Giants resign him.

The deal is worth up to 3.5 million for on year. No word on guaranteed money. Their interest in DRC is supposedly very real but the money has to be right. If we can get him for a bargain price, I won't completely hate it but I'm still not a fan.

If anything, one step closer to Ebron. :)

squicken

Seems like they're firm to the belief that the guys they have now plus whoever they get in the draft and whatever castoffs they get later on from other teams will be as good as the guys they had last year..

It's pretty crazy.

Those are good points. CAR had a worse offense last year than the years before

They really did have bad WRs last year. I think more than anything, they just have so many holes. DBs, who weren't too good either, all left. Their OL, which was pretty good, has been hit with retirements and defections. And they really haven't plugged many of those holes.

I'm sure CAR can find some scrap heap DBs and be about the same as last year, but getting decent OL and WRs for cheap is almost impossible. Of course every team needs to hit on its draft picks, but CAR really does just to get some decent players on the field

squicken

Tebow fans can't pull this card.

Fair enough. Though I have said Decker got dinged unfairly as a Peyton product when he also looked good with Tebow (when the ball was catchable)

I would love you to have him

Man Arian blew up twitter. Also stated last night he has been 100% medically cleared

McClain made the subtle point that Arian has a big role in that movie Draft Day. Is Arian the wannabe actor on Twitter, or the guy who still likes playing football?

GAF thread about snitching out a dorm party on a Saturday/pattys weekend. Most of the responses, "You did the right thing! College is about education".

Jeez.... GAF is a collective nerd wet blanket.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Matt Schaub and Mark Sanchez are the two top targets for the Raiders in their quest to add a veteran quarterback.

That’s the word from Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com, who reports that Schaub tops the Raiders’ list and Sanchez is next.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, Schaub is still under contract to the Texans and Sanchez is still under contract to the Jets. It’s been widely expected that both quarterbacks would be cut early in the offseason, but both teams might decide that they’d rather hold onto their veteran quarterbacks and see if they have any trade value. If the Raiders want Schaub or Sanchez, they might have to give a draft pick to the Texans or Jets.

The Raiders are also reportedly interested in free agents Josh Freeman and Michael Vick, but only if they can’t acquire Schaub or Sanchez.

Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin split the quarterback duties in Oakland last season, and Trent Edwards is also on the roster. Adding Schaub or Sanchez to that group would look less like a commitment to excellence than a commitment to mediocrity.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ers-top-quarterback-target-mark-sanchez-next/

DA RAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAHS .

Fair enough. Though I have said Decker got dinged unfairly as a Peyton product when he also looked good with Tebow (when the ball was catchable)

I think Peyton actually made Decker look worse. Tons of wide open drops last season. Tebow made Decker look like a God who could spin shit into gold.

Striker

Why are the Raiders going for such dog shit at QB? None of those guys will do anything that a rookie can't do.

Feel sorry for Tuck now. He could witness the Buttfumble in west coast form.

squicken

Film study: A detailed look at the Texans' potential No. 1 QB picks

There is no consensus about who the Texans will take with the No. 1 overall pick of the 2014 NFL draft, if they even select a player at all. But this is certain: If the Texans use their potential franchise-changing pick to select a quarterback, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, Central Florida's Blake Bortles or Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel will greet NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on May 8 in New York.

Two local college defensive coordinators – who have more than 50 combined years of coaching, including stints in the NFL, Southeastern and Big 12 Conferences -- recently opened their film rooms to the Houston Chronicle, providing a detailed look at how they countered, attacked and mostly tried to survive Bridgewater, Bortles and Manziel.

Talamius

I'm still more concerned about the fact that we only have one good offensive lineman.

Yall need to pray for Cam.

I'm honestly worried about our ability to re-sign Cam at this point.

"Hey remember when you went 12-4 so we got rid of all your WRs? Even better, we did nothing to shore up the OL? Fun times right? Sign a long term contract here!"

Narag

Although Nicks drew plenty of interest from his hometown Panthers, he told the Charlotte Observer that Carolina general manager Dave Gettleman agreed Indianapolis offered a better situation for the wide receiver.

"Yeah they made an offer when I talked to Dave Gettleman," Nicks said. But you know it just didn't pan out the right way. I feel like this is the best fit for me.

"After talking to Gettleman, I think he agreed that this was the best situation for me, too, even though they made the offer. Like I said, I feel like I made the best decision and I'm ready to make the best of it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...cks-panthers-gm-made-offer-but-colts-best-fit

squicken

Panthers safety Roman Harper has more career INTs than the entirety of the Panthers WR corps has receptions

These silly factoids are fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom