• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots7

I like that there will be competition for the wr's this year so it means will get the best players.

I just hope they dont use Blount as a returner anymore.
I forgot we had Boyce.
I feel like he has the most potential to go off next season.

Dobson and Thompkins are doo-doo. We could've had Keenan Allen. I cry about that some nights.
Mark Harrison should be our TE. He's freaking huge and fast.

Godslay

Banned
So, is Sanders an upgrade/downgrade over Decker? Last I checked, he had a serious case of the dropsies.

Different type of receiver. Sanders is smaller, and faster. Can play in or out. Basically more versatile than Decker. He had less drops than Decker, by percentage with similar targets. Sanders 2.7% drop rate to Deckers 5.1%, 24 less targets for Sanders. I wouldn't say up or down just a different type of player with pros/cons.

Personally, I can't wait to see him get a bubble screen pass. His speed and elusiveness should make that play even more dynamic. Plus he should get time as a returner on punts so thats a bonus.

Colasante

I forgot we had Boyce.
I feel like he has the most potential to go off next season.

Dobson and Thompkins are doo-doo. We could've had Keenan Allen. I cry about that some nights.
Mark Harrison should be our TE. He's freaking huge and fast.

I don't agree with that at all. Thompkins may have peaked, but Dobson has a ton of potential. Before his foot injury, he was developing good chemistry with Brady for the first time, leading up to his awesome game against the Steelers. To expect Dobson to do better than he did is silly; he had the best season any rookie wide receiver ever has with Brady.

And to act like what a wide receiver is in his first year is all he'll ever be is ridiculous. It's one of the most difficult positions in terms of adjusting from college to the NFL, especially in an offense like the Patriots'. Look at Jordy Nelson: he had 366 yards and 2 TDs in year one, 320 yards and 2 TDs in year two, then 582 yards and 2 TDs in year three, before exploding to 1,263 yards and 15 TDs in year four. If we had Nelson, Patriots fans would have run him out of town after his first season.

Tom Penny

Thomkins is Meh. Dobson has ability. Last year was a combination of dropsies and shitty Brady deep balls. I can't see Amendola being any worse for the 8 games he's going to play. They are definitely drafting a TE the way things are looking.

MRSA

Banned
So in what particular order do these fanbases go:

Pats fans, animus, bronies, console fanboys, cell phone fanboys, men who prefer women looking like young men ala coldplay.

We have running water here and I take showers all the time. Unlike you who has to take them when the guards tell you to.

Better than taking it with my family like you.

So in what particular order do these fanbases go:

Pats fans, animus, bronies, console fanboys, cell phone fanboys, men who prefer women looking like young men ala coldplay.

Gata is also a brony, and prefers women who like young men who are related to him...sooo he's gotta be on the bottom of that list.

Source: #Texans And #Raiders In 'Serious' Trade Talks For Matt Schaub http://t.co/jeHebu38vu

--Twitter

AWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!!!!!

sssDCBZUghUPWhPDdoagNtCK.jpg20140316-2-175dxu1

Sorry

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I honestly thought Reggie McKenzie would turn the Raiders franchise around coming from Green Bay but I don't know whats going on in the Biggity O. Is it Al Davis' son or Reggie McKenzie who is fucking things up?

Schaub is past the point of starting QB, and the Raiders need to build elsewhere because they will not win right now without a QB. Either draft a QB at #5 or just draft elsewhere throughout this deep draft, fill holes and look for a QB next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom