• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

They need to just get what they can and leave that era behind.
edit: nevermind

Schefter tweet isn't real. The trade makes sense for both parties. Raiders need to spend and want schaub. Texans just need to move on even if they get shit in return. I would think McGloin would be involved though.knows BOBs system

cajunator

Banned
Schefter tweet isn't real. The trade makes sense for both parties. Raiders need to spend and want schaub. Texans just need to move on even if they get shit in return. I would think McGloin would be involved though.knows BOBs system

Give them Schaub in exchange for a pack of gum. Its a fair trade.

squicken

If Reggie and Allen really do have their jobs riding on this year, it explains why they would not want to go into the year with McGloin or a rookie starting

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If Reggie and Allen really do have their jobs riding on this year, it explains why they would not want to go into the year with McGloin or a rookie starting

If I'm a GM, my job is on the line and my choice is between Matt McGloin/Matt Schaub or a rookie QB I'm putting all my chips on the table and drafting Johnny Football.

Fuck it, what do you have to lose? You're not going anywhere with Schaub.

MechDX

If I'm a GM, my job is on the line and my choice is between Matt McGloin/Matt Schaub or a rookie QB I'm putting all my chips on the table and drafting Johnny Football.

Fuck it, what do you have to lose? You're not going anywhere with Schaub.

Schaub is still a veteran and smart. Doesn't hurt to have him on the roster to help a young guy.

Probably why Fatford sucks. Never had a vet influence.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Schaub is still a veteran and smart. Doesn't hurt to have him on the roster to help a young guy.

Probably why Fatford sucks. Never had a vet influence.

1.) Stafford does not suck. Check the stats etc. etc.

2.) Stafford is great friends with our backup Shaun "The Dragon" Hill, who is the best 49ers QB since Jeff Garcia.

Rorschach

sssDCBZUghUPWhPDdoagNtCK.jpg20140316-2-175dxu1

Sorry

Aww Yiss!
:(

Drakeon

I honestly thought Reggie McKenzie would turn the Raiders franchise around coming from Green Bay but I don't know whats going on in the Biggity O. Is it Al Davis' son or Reggie McKenzie who is fucking things up?

Schaub is past the point of starting QB, and the Raiders need to build elsewhere because they will not win right now without a QB. Either draft a QB at #5 or just draft elsewhere throughout this deep draft, fill holes and look for a QB next year.

Without knowing shit or following Raiders beat writers, I would think the blame rides on McKenzie, because Mark Davis has been pretty patient for 2 shitty years (which would've been pretty shitty regardless given the cap situation).

Bowser

Without knowing shit or following Raiders beat writers, I would think the blame rides on McKenzie, because Mark Davis has been pretty patient for 2 shitty years (which would've been pretty shitty regardless given the cap situation).

I think it's the other way around. You can see how meddling Davis is with the whole Saffold "failed physical" fiasco.

I honestly thought Reggie McKenzie would turn the Raiders franchise around coming from Green Bay but I don't know whats going on in the Biggity O. Is it Al Davis' son or Reggie McKenzie who is fucking things up?

Schaub is past the point of starting QB, and the Raiders need to build elsewhere because they will not win right now without a QB. Either draft a QB at #5 or just draft elsewhere throughout this deep draft, fill holes and look for a QB next year.

Lol, no Raider beatwriter is talking about this trade in any other sense than like...saying it's not realistic that I can tell.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Poor James Jones. Can't get a job because people confuse him as Jacoby Jones. I mean, they're all alike, right?

:jnc Good times. But I am pretty surprised he hasn't gotten a job yet. I think we still have some cap room to sign him to a one year deal.

Also read on NFLGAF somewhere earlier this morning that the Patriots want to trade up to get Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins. If either of them is gone by the time the clock gets to us at #10 I'll be pissed. Trade up to get him, do whatever you have to do Mayhew, but Golden Tate is our #3 option not our #2 option.

#JustSayNoToUSCWRs

:jnc Good times. But I am pretty surprised he hasn't gotten a job yet. I think we still have some cap room to sign him to a one year deal.

Also read on NFLGAF somewhere earlier this morning that the Patriots want to trade up to get Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins. If either of them is gone by the time the clock gets to us at #10 I'll be pissed. Trade up to get him, do whatever you have to do Mayhew, but Golden Tate is our #3 option not our #2 option.

#JustSayNoToUSCWRs

It could be worse.

Golden Tate would be the #0 option on the Panthers right now.

cdyhybrid

#JustSayNoToUSCWRs

Maybe I'm missing something, but Tate went to Notre Dame, not USC.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Maybe I'm missing something, but Tate went to Notre Dame, not USC.

I'm talking about Mayhew even entertaining the possibility of drafting Marquis Lee at #10 if Evans or Watkins are gone (which I don't think he will).

I'd reluctantly go with Justin Gilbert at that point, but if we draft anyone other than Watkins or Evans with our first round pick I'll be severely disappointed.

Tom Penny

I'm pretty people think James Jones is a product of Rodgers. That why coming off a 1000 yard 100 catch season nobody really gave a fuck about Edelman including the Pats.

cdyhybrid

I'm talking about Mayhew even entertaining the possibility of drafting Marquis Lee at #10 if Evans or Watkins are gone (which I don't think he will).

I'd reluctantly go with Justin Gilbert at that point, but if we draft anyone other than Watkins or Evans with our first round pick I'll be severely disappointed.

Ah, got it. I don't think you draft him at 10 either. If both Watkins and Evans are gone but you're deadset on a receiver, you could trade down in the 1st and get one.

More than disappointed, you'll be wearing an avatar of Yankee's design.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
More than disappointed, you'll be wearing an avatar of Yankee's design.

I'm aware of that, and I quite like my Stafford avatar, but thats the least of my concerns. Not having Watkins or Evans would throw a wrench in my "Greatest Show on Turf 2.0" vision for this team. I know there a lot of stud WRs to be found in this draft but Watkins and Evans are both can't miss WR prospects, especially with Stafford at QB and Megatron as our #1 WR.

Also the bet was we take a WR with our first round pick vs. someone else. It didn't specify just Evans or Watkins, but that we'd take a WR with our first round pick wherever we pick.

James Jones can't catch a break.

or a football for that matter
He was playing with broken ribs! Not his fault! Come back to GB James!

I'd take him back if we actually needed him. Some games over the last few years, he was the only guy to show up.
Think we just have to let him go so some of te younger guys can get more time in. Although I think we're going a little too much on the smaller recievers right now.
Actually think small receivers are going to be pretty damn useful if the big CB trend comes through. Not like we're overreliant on jump balls anyway.

brentech

James Jones can't catch a break.

or a football for that matter
I'd take him back if we actually needed him. Some games over the last few years, he was the only guy to show up.
Think we just have to let him go so some of te younger guys can get more time in. Although I think we're going a little too much on the smaller recievers right now.

Even if they don't trade Schoob, they'll just release him later. It's not like he's in any way redeemable as an NFL QB at this point. That'll become obvious to the new staff in the preseason if not sooner.

Relax, Mech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom