• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
GAF thread about snitching out a dorm party on a Saturday/pattys weekend. Most of the responses, "You did the right thing! College is about education".

Jeez.... GAF is a collective nerd wet blanket.
Man, I wish I didn't have to worry about anything during college. Parents paying for an easy ass degree. Must be nice!

Don't be such a Lunchbox.

squicken

squicken, why you drag them down man?

Time is a flat circle, mech. Every team will be the same, then it will start over and over again

e: Some background on Steve Smith being released from Dan Pompei

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/69437090/nfl-free-agency-general-managers-pressure-to-act

Teams often have other motivations to release fading luminaries. Smith arguably is the most accomplished player in Panthers history. He was invited to play in five Pro Bowls and accumulated more all-purpose yards than any active player in his 13 years in Carolina. Great wide receiver. Fan favorite. But always a bit of a challenge for his coaches. So when age (soon to be 35) met diminished production and a new general manager with no allegiances, the Panthers had their opening.

The thing is, their own teams know these players better than the rest of the world. They are well aware of the ticks and flaws. The Panthers fans who began a "Save Smitty" movement saw the grittiness, the craftiness and the touchdowns. They might not have seen what some said were deteriorating practice habits and freelancing on routes.

Time is a flat circle, mech. Every team will be the same, then it will start over and over again

e: Some background on Steve Smith being released from Dan Pompei

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/69437090/nfl-free-agency-general-managers-pressure-to-act
I actually think they made the right move. It sucks when a fan favorite leaves at the end of his career, and this one looks weird because they're losing other receivers at the same time, but Smith isn't the player he once was and he can cause headaches. Big time diva. Just like TO and Ochocinco, you gotta let those dudes go.

Retweeted by Evan Tarracciano
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 8m
Battle of NY: CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie spent Sat visiting Jets & Sunday visiting Giants. He's going back to Giants tomorrow #nyj #nyg

Meh.

MRSA

Banned
This is how I imagine Dutch to be like.

48OWbBx.gif

MechDX

Dustyn Richardson ‏@HouSports · 1h
What are the "serious talks" between #Texans and Raiders? "Hi this is the Raiders, we're calling about a trade for Matt..." "YES! Deal."

Sad but true.

hito i missed that KI stream :(

is it on youtube or anywhere else? i'd like to watch!

i really need to invest in a stick for xbone. been looking at some to use with the cronusMax. i fucking HATE the xbox controller for fighting games. makes me so frustrated

So Thurmond is gone too, can we please start signing someone? Please?

At least we should get a decent amount of compensation picks next year. :(

you sound like a niners fan! both teams are and were expected to be very quiet in FA due to the massive contracts that are coming due in the next year.

Man, I wish I didn't have to worry about anything during college. Parents paying for an easy ass degree. Must be nice!

Don't be such a Lunchbox.

I graduated with my degree in molecular biology on my own dime. My single parent mother is mentally and physically disabled, so not a lot of help there. Oh and I had to look after my little sister.

Despite that I still managed to get my fair share of fun in while avoiding the no fun police.

That dude was being a tool.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4725721/sources-brandon-weeden-visiting-cowboys-monday

IRVING, Texas -- When the Dallas Cowboys coaches return from a week off on Monday, they will welcome two free-agent visitors.

Defensive tackle Henry Melton and quarterback Brandon Weeden will visit Valley Ranch on Monday, according to sources.

Melton would fill an obvious need with the departure of Jason Hatcher to the Washington Redskins. Weeden could offer the Cowboys protection in case Kyle Orton retires. Weeden could be looking for a place to rebuild his career after a two-year stint with the Cleveland Browns.

With the Cowboys back in the office, it will allow Melton to meet with defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, who helped develop him into a Pro Bowler with the Chicago Bears. The Cowboys also liked Weeden coming into the 2012 draft.

Weeden had a 5-15 record after the Browns took him in the first round of the 2012 draft. He completed 438 of 784 passes for 5,116 yards with 23 touchdown passes and 26 interceptions.

The Cowboys believe Orton will continue to play in part because he is set to make $3.25 million. If he chose to retire he would have to pay back $3 million of a $5 million signing bonus he received in 2012.

The Cowboys have not carried a third quarterback on the roster since 2011 when they had Stephen McGee behind Tony Romo and Jon Kitna. They had Alex Tanney on the practice squad for much of last season before losing him to the Browns, and re-signed Kitna for the final week of the season after Romo got hurt.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I graduated with my degree in molecular biology on my own dime. My single parent mother is mentally and physically disabled, so not a lot of help there. Oh and I had to look after my little sister.

Despite that I still managed to get my fair share of fun in while avoiding the no fun police.

That dude was being a tool.
Sucks for everyone else? There's having fun and then there's being a tool yourself.

I have had assholes physically shake the building into 4am, and see friends who sleep lighter than I be destroyed the next day when they needed their energy the most. I really don't give a damn about somebody's "fun" at that point.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1h
Can confirm @JasonLaCanfora report that the #Steelers will host WR Lance Moore on Tuesday. He also recently visited the #Patriots.

Sucks for everyone else? There's having fun and then there's being a tool yourself.

Look, if you cant see why ruining everyone's fun on a holiday weekend and then staying up anyway to talk to GAF about it is shitty that is fine. Just don't go around assuming people are lazy or being carried by their parents just because they aren't patting some guy on the back for being lame.

JABEE

I really hope DRC goes to the Jets.

Look, if you cant see why ruining everyone's fun on a holiday weekend and then staying up anyway to talk to GAF about it is shitty that is fine. Just don't go around assuming people are lazy or being carried by their parents just because they aren't patting some guy on the back for being lame.

Snitching never used to be a meritorious act. Even the Gatas of the world think they are doing a noble deed snitching on their peers. What has happened to this world of ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom