• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Love how DRC is suddenly a bullet to be dodged by the Giants fans. He and Harris Jr, were the lone bright spots in the Broncos secondary last year. He grades out very well in coverage, pretty much neutral in run defense. He has excellent recovery speed, and was a favorite among the guys on the defense. I personally would have been happy to have him back even at 9 per.

That being said, he is a bit eccentric and doesn't love football, but I don't think that should be held against him. He's not going to maul guys, but he does a damn good job overall at the position. Plus CBs arent going to be any cheaper next year with a cap expansion.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Can we have Tate back then?

Also can we keep the college bitching in that thread instead of this one please?

No, free agent signings are important but the least important in terms of a team building process.

So adding a guy like Golden Tate is great for us because-

A.) We already have a franchise QB under contract
B.) We already have the best WR since Randy Moss under contract
C.) We will soon have the best defensive player in the league under contract

As long as you have a franchise QB you can build the rest around him. We just so happened to have Calvin Johnson and Ndamakung Suh under contract, the two most feared players in the league according to there peers.

From then on you build your team through the draft. Adding a solid WR like Golden Tate is great, but he should be our #3 option at WR going into 2014 if we draft according to plan.

If you were to add Golden Tate to the Jaguars it wouldn't mean or do shit. But he came to the Lions for a reason. We're a team built for success now, and for the future.

Restore the Roar 2014.

MechDX

Got this from TexansTalk. Sequence of tweetes from Chris Hansen Raiders Blogger:

Read bottom to top:

Trading for Schaub isn't nail in McKenzie's coffin. He's a bridge or he wouldn't be available. Have to draft future QB.

Schaub's contract will have to be adjusted. Not just $10M, up to $1M more in per game roster bonuses. Still likely have to be above market.

Josh Gordon. Former OC Kyle Shanahan. RT @nurseaaron: @ChrisHansenNFL why are the Browns more appealing?

If Schaub hits open market, Raiders not going to be on top of his list. Browns more appealing. Thus the trade.

When the other options include Mark Sanchez, Schaub doesn't sound half bad.

Schaub is easily the best vet QB that's going to be available.

There's a reason Schaub hasn't been released yet and it isn't because the Texans are keeping him.

Trade for Schaub makes sense if he'll re-work his deal. Raiders may not be able to land him on open market. Late-round pick makes sense.

And then there is this:

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar

Don't worry, Raiders. If you can't get Matt Schaub in a trade, I'm sure A.J. McCarron will be there at pick #5...

Damn

rando14

PEDs and adderall?

image.png

hito i missed that KI stream :(

is it on youtube or anywhere else? i'd like to watch!

i really need to invest in a stick for xbone. been looking at some to use with the cronusMax. i fucking HATE the xbox controller for fighting games. makes me so frustrated

you sound like a niners fan! both teams are and were expected to be very quiet in FA due to the massive contracts that are coming due in the next year.

I cant play Killer Instinct serious till I get me a stick.I'm so better at fighters with a stick,man.

Edit:I heard cronusMax can burn out your USB ports.

Love how DRC is suddenly a bullet to be dodged by the Giants fans. He and Harris Jr, were the lone bright spots in the Broncos secondary last year. .

From what i remember when DRC was an Eagle he wasn't very good, so if he's one of the bright spots for Broncos defense damn your defense was really bad...

Dragon

Banned
I drink about a liter of Diet Coke a day, so I get my caffeine that way.

But I'm giving up caffeine because I'm dying.

Yeah I used to drink a red bull and a 20 oz diet dr pepper every day. Felt like shit all the time. Took it out and I don't feel bad anymore. Still get tired but that's really it.

I drink about a liter of Diet Coke a day, so I get my caffeine that way.

But I'm giving up caffeine because I'm dying.

I used to almost only drink Diet Pepsi. Eventually got sick of drinking so much caffeine that I switched to things without it, so now I mainly drink Diet 7-Up and Diet Squirt.

decaf?

you have no excuse!

brother!

I took a few sips of coffee before, didn't like the taste, and never drank it again.

Bowser

Don't think I've gone more than 3 consecutive days without at least 2 cups of coffee in the last ~3 years.

And to think I only started drinking coffee...in the last 3 years.

I don't know how people live without coffee. Seriously. I have to have a couple cups a day, always black. Sometimes ice because its hot as shit in Florida.

dillonyousonofabitch.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't know how people live without coffee. Seriously. I have to have a couple cups a day, always black. Sometimes ice because its hot as shit in Florida.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just posted some shots at PackersGAF on the NFLGAF Steam account. The Lion King will return.

You guys know what sucks more than DOTA2? The Green Bay Packers. Fuck them, there smug QB, and smug fans.

Response DOTA2 addicted PackersGAF?

Drakeon

Mmm, the Giants picked up Thurmond, huh?

Bummer, I would've loved to see him on the Niners.

I saw that he signed a 1 year 3.5 million deal and then put my head in my hands asking what Baalke was doing, because it's not like we couldn't beat that deal. I hope they plan on trading up in the first for a CB... I do not want Wright as one of our starting CB's for the whole year.

Godslay

Banned
From what i remember when DRC was an Eagle he wasn't very good, so if he's one of the bright spots for Broncos defense damn your defense was really bad...

The numbers as well as the eye test back up the idea that he's a top 10 cb. PFF rates him as top 5 in the league iirc. Don't take my word for it though, just rely upon old information. If you really think about it DRC didn't have the benefit of consistent DL pressure, so that makes his coverage numbers more impressive imo.

But it could have been a fluke.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They're Packer fans, DOTA2 gamers and grammar douches. PatriotsGAF, NinersGAF, SteelersGAF, SeahawksGAF, GiantsGAF I urge you to join the NFLGAF Steam group and fight PackersGAF.

Fight for what is right.

xgb-4_3.jpg

Do you support this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom