• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
xgb-4_3.jpg

Do you support this?
POZW6pzl.jpg

The numbers as well as the eye test back up the idea that he's a top 10 cb. PFF rates him as top 5 in the league iirc. Don't take my word for it though, just rely upon old information. If you really think about it DRC didn't have the benefit of consistent DL pressure, so that makes his coverage numbers more impressive imo.

But it could have been a fluke.

I think it was a fluke, your offense had you in front almost every damn game, it made life for your defense a little easier, players can free lance and not worry about fucking up when you are up by 21..

But it could have been a fluke.

I watched him play for you last year. Great corner when he gives a shit. One season of try hard on a Super Bowl team doesn't negate years of half-hearted play his last season in AZ and the years he spent in Philly. Missed tackles, missed coverages, etc. There's a reason you got him on a 1 year reclamation deal.

You'll forgive me if I'm not jumping for joy at the possibility of shelling out big money for that. If the guaranteed money is right, I'm open to it. If not, I'd just as well have the Giants taking Dennard or Gilbert in the draft.

Striker

Would be down for a one year, vet min deal for Mario Manningham. It's going to be a new system and who knows how bad his knee is, but if he passes a physical, why not? There's no one behind Jernigan, Randle, and Cruz. Add Mario if possible then draft a receiver and they should be good to go.

As for DRC, I'd be down if he isn't wanting a long term or sizable deal. I am hoping 2 yrs/12M or something similar.

Jim Irsay arrested for DUI, possession of controlled substance

Colts owner Jim Irsay has been arrested in Carmel, Indiana on multiple charges.

According to the Indianapolis Star, Irsay faces preliminary charges of “operating while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.”

Irsay is the first NFL owner to face criminal charges since Eddie DeBartolo relinquished control of the 49ers when it was learned that he was facing an indictment on federal racketeering charges in 1997. In 1998, DeBartolo pleaded guilty to failure to report a felony in connection with money allegedly paid to former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards to procure a riverboat gambling license.

The NFL routinely imposes discipline on players and non-players who are convicted of or plead guilty to DUI charges.

Jim-Irsay-blue-hair.jpg

squicken

hmm clearly Irsay lacked an "agreeing mind" when he traded for Trent Truck. Agreements entered into when intoxicated are void and TT should go back to Cleveland, and the pick should return to Indy

eznark

Banned
And to be honest while I have truly enjoyed my time with Demon's Souls and the couple hours I spent with Dark Souls, they just probably aren't for me. I like progression. I get my frustrating lack of advancement and bitter disappointment coupled with soul crushing failure from Dota.

I appreciate the hell out of them though and 10 years ago they probably would've been my favorite games ever.

There have been quite a few times lately when I wish I could say the same... Dark Souls II is one of them, it is not exactly a technical marvel on the PS3. PC version will probably be great and make me very sad.

Didnt DS 1 have major problems on PC, and some Gaffer had to fix their shit for them? I wouldnt count on the PC version being better at all.

Jarnet87

I love how stupidly hyped some people react towards a players pro day. It's even more ridiculous then the combine. Just remember folks, the best pro day for a QB Mayock ever saw:

+98+98-copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom