• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Didnt DS 1 have major problems on PC, and some Gaffer had to fix their shit for them? I wouldnt count on the PC version being better at all.

It didn't have major problems, the resolution was just shit and it looked like ass.

I have my fingers crossed that Durante is working on Titanfall to make it look less like a PS2 game as well.

squicken

Irsay and his wife had lived apart for years and she filed for divorce in November. I've always thought that he ordered that trade, and it's so strange to think that human frailty cost the team and fans the benefit of a good player in the draft. I'm sure it happens all the time, but we so rarely see the dots clearly connected

Tom Penny

So is the Cowboy's offseason strategy to have even a worse defense and require Romo to break passing records to even reach their trademark 8-8.

eznark

Banned
Irsay and his wife had lived apart for years and she filed for divorce in November. I've always thought that he ordered that trade, and it's so strange to think that human frailty cost the team and fans the benefit of a good player in the draft. I'm sure it happens all the time, but we so rarely see the dots clearly connected

What?

And to be honest while I have truly enjoyed my time with Demon's Souls and the couple hours I spent with Dark Souls, they just probably aren't for me. I like progression. I get my frustrating lack of advancement and bitter disappointment coupled with soul crushing failure from Dota.

I appreciate the hell out of them though and 10 years ago they probably would've been my favorite games ever.
Yeah, they are a pretty big commitment. I wouldn't want all the games I play to be like this but it feels good to really sink my teeth into one every couple of years when they hit. The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction from progressing is just about unmatched in other games.

Didnt DS 1 have major problems on PC, and some Gaffer had to fix their shit for them? I wouldnt count on the PC version being better at all.
Yeah the port was awful but Durante saved the day. Supposedly FROM has learned their lesson and this one is going to be better, though. Even if it isn't I'm sure someone will get it running at a decent resolution and 60 fps which alone would make it much better than the console version.

Lack of resolution options was the only /major/ issue at launch. Game played fine otherwise. Though you can count Game for Windows Live as another pain in the ass that is being stripped out of the game last I read.

88% done with Second Son. Coming down to the home stretch and should have it done tonight. For you Seahawks fans, you'll get a kick out of this (very tiny tiny spoiler on an item you unlock):

http://i.minus.com/izUnrr4XtJmND.jpg

gutshot

Eagles re-sign S Nate Allen to a one-year deal. Figured this would happen. Only a one year deal though, which again says to me that the Eagles will look to draft a safety with one of their top picks.

eznark

Banned
Lack of resolution options was the only /major/ issue at launch. Game played fine otherwise. Though you can count Game for Windows Live as another pain in the ass that is being stripped out of the game last I read.

88% done with Second Son. Coming down to the home stretch and should have it done tonight. For you Seahawks fans, you'll get a kick out of this (very tiny tiny spoiler on an item you unlock):

God damn it I went looking for it yesterday and couldn't find it.

Tamanon

Banned

I assume you only unlock that on the evil path.

gutshot

Interesting report on DeSean Jackson's future with Philly:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/17/desean-upset-eagles-silent/

According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, Jackson is unsure about his standing on the team and troubled by what is being written about him. He has reached out to some of his teammates to express his concern. One of Jackson’s top confidants says that the whole situation has become “a bit of a distraction.”

Given his level of production and Kelly's love for offensive weapons, you would think he would be. But the rumblings persist. We asked one agent that has established credibility with us if he had heard anything regarding Jackson, and he responded: "Yes. Heard there is no way he is back." He isn't looped directly into the situation and isn't to be looked at as a source, but it shows that the rumors are not confined to the internet. They exist in some league circles. They have reached Jackson and have been relayed to some of his teammates. They are beginning to have an impact.

This is the first insider report that indicates he might actually be traded. Everything up until now has been just speculation.

Played the first two inFamous games and was never really grabbed by them. They just didn't feel or play very well. So I wasn't sold on this one.

After watching people stream on ps4 I've done a 360. Looks fantastic and looks like a lot of fun to play. Very ambient.

Stay away from that OT though GAF is melting down. Having certifiable freak outs over ability spoilers.

squicken

Played the first two inFamous games and was never really grabbed by them. They just didn't feel or play very well. So I wasn't sold on this one.
s.

Never could get into either of them as well. Every time I'd play for a bit it seemed like it was just a better idea to play Crackdown again

Wes

venison crêpe
Louisville guest list includes five head coaches: Chip Kelly (Eagles), Gus Bradley (Jaguars), Mike Zimmer (Vikings), Dennis Allen (Raiders) and Bill O’Brien (Texans).

Dunno why but it seems like they really polished this one. I'll be checking it out.
The previous two games were highly polished for what they were. They just had their own feel in how you moved around the environment, a focus on comic book style story and binary choices at the core of its main missions. The games always felt great to me despite the Dual Shock 3 being ass. inFamous 2 in particular really worked in how they expanded Coles powers.

The reason I think this one is getting more converts is:

- Graphics. It's the prettiest game out there. Bar none and the fact that its open world makes it that much more impressive visually.
- Its Seattle. Its simply more grounded in reality because its in a real city. It lets the developers create a super hero sand box wrapped in familiarity.
- Its a fresh start with a hero/villain (cause you can be either) that's not locked down to one power set.
- Previous games were very much about climbing and almost Uncharted like auto-platforming combined (and maybe that's a poor comparison but you get my drift) with the movement skills you would unlock with Coles' powers that made moving around just plain fun. Second Son all but eliminates any need to platform. Your power sets all allow for fast moving traversal of the world without having to climb. Frankly if you're shimmying around an edge of a building in Second Son - you're doing it wrong.
- Production value is through the roof. Voice acting, story telling, general pacing of the narrative. You name it, its improved ten fold from the last two games.

There's more of course but those are just the points that jump out at me.

They were probably my favorite games from last gen. I am pumped.
Its my favorite of the series right now. We'll see if they stick the landing.

There's still some things that irk that are holdovers from the previous games like the repetition inherent in the side missions but really thats the worst I can say about it.

Dang it Futurevoid, stop getting me hyped for Second Son! I don't have time to play it, gotta finish Dark Souls II first...

I really loved the first two games so SS was always looking like a purchase for me. All of the improvements sound fantastic.

Interesting report on DeSean Jackson's future with Philly:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/17/desean-upset-eagles-silent/

This is the first insider report that indicates he might actually be traded. Everything up until now has been just speculation.

He was by far the most important piece of their offense last year. If they reaklly trade him and go with hurt Maclin + Cooper + Sproles + rookie at Wr they are insane. He is the only WR on the team that draws double teams, plus he is the only guy that can actually beat his man deep. Most of coopers big plays came on plays in which he was wide open due to 2 guys chasing after DJax. Chip seems way to smart to destroy the offense, especially when you wont get any thing of value back for DJax.

eznark

Banned
For some reason I like the nature of the first two games side quests. I like that it's broken up by region. It's one of the few games that I went back to to do side quests. Felt like 100% it was achievable. Yeah they were repetitious but like I said, the movement was so good that I didn't care. I even spent a bunch of time finding the shard things.

15 years? I don't think anyone that read his tweets could possibly believe that.

Mugshot:

Bi7XBrlCcAADwC-.jpg

What a thug.

The previous two games were highly polished for what they were. They just had their own feel in how you moved around the environment, a focus on comic book style story and binary choices at the core of its main missions. The games always felt great to me despite the Dual Shock 3 being ass. inFamous 2 in particular really worked in how they expanded Coles powers.

The reason I think this one is getting more converts is:

- Graphics. It's the prettiest game out there. Bar none and the fact that its open world makes it that much more impressive visually.
- Its Seattle. Its simply more grounded in reality because its in a real city. It lets the developers create a super hero sand box wrapped in familiarity.
- Its a fresh start with a hero/villain (cause you can be either) that's not locked down to one power set.
- Previous games were very much about climbing and almost Uncharted like auto-platforming combined (and maybe that's a poor comparison but you get my drift) with the movement skills you would unlock with Coles' powers that made moving around just plain fun. Second Son all but eliminates any need to platform. Your power sets all allow for fast moving traversal of the world without having to climb. Frankly if you're shimmying around an edge of a building in Second Son - you're doing it wrong.
- Production value is through the roof. Voice acting, story telling, general pacing of the narrative. You name it, its improved ten fold from the last two games.

There's more of course but those are just the points that jump out at me.

Its my favorite of the series right now. We'll see if they stick the landing.

There's still some things that irk that are holdovers from the previous games like the repetition inherent in the side missions but really thats the worst I can say about it.

Polish might have been a poor choice of words.

Those are all the improvements I was talking about, and are the main reasons I'm looking forward to this one.

I'm pretty pysched for the D3 expansion myself, they fixed alot of the problems facing the initial release.

Still no end game or enough customization. I'll buy but I think most of my time will go to Path Of Exile; the new expansion/patch has been great thus far.

Draxal

Still no end game or enough customization. I'll buy but I think most of my time will go to Path Of Exile; the new expansion/patch has been great thus far.

The end game is the new adventure mode, which is alot better than doing Baal Runs ad infinitum, haven't played POE so I can't compare it to that.

For some reason I like the nature of the first two games side quests. I like that it's broken up by region. It's one of the few games that I went back to to do side quests. Felt like 100% it was achievable. Yeah they were repetitious but like I said, the movement was so good that I didn't care. I even spent a bunch of time finding the shard things.
You're going to be a happy man on Friday.

Seahawks update:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1m

The #Seahawks agreed to terms with productive kicker Steven Hauschka on a 3-year deal worth $9.15M, including $3.35M guaranteed, source says

squicken

4 counts of felony possession is no joke. Not sure what he has in his past, but I can't see him avoiding jail time when the DUI is added in

gutshot

He was by far the most important piece of their offense last year. If they reaklly trade him and go with hurt Maclin + Cooper + Sproles + rookie at Wr they are insane. He is the only WR on the team that draws double teams, plus he is the only guy that can actually beat his man deep. Most of coopers big plays came on plays in which he was wide open due to 2 guys chasing after DJax. Chip seems way to smart to destroy the offense, especially when you wont get any thing of value back for DJax.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of all this. I'm sure the Eagles would think about moving him if the price was right. But it would and should take a lot to give up someone as productive as DeSean. A first round pick and more.

Tom Penny

Good to see the Browner contract has 2nd and 3rd year " on the roster " stipulations to cover them if he visits Seattle and gets booted from the league.

Tom Penny

I got burnt out on POE and I'm back on Diablo bandwagon. It's certainly a simpler game . They constantly change the skill trees in POE so it's hard to me to keep the same builds which is actually a huge draw for some people. My biggest issue is at higher levels it's a trade game because the drops suck which was the biggest problem with Diablo 3's initial release and auction house. It's not accpetable to me to get a unique drop on a level 75 map that is a level 0 item and utterly worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom