• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
I had no idea you played Battlefield. I read every post in the NFL threads but I dont remember you mentioning it. I was basing my comment more on your praise for Rust then anything. Sorry if I was off base. Can any games run at the same time as a second game? I never tried that on my PC but I would think most games are pretty resource intensive.

Every single other game I own? I always have Dota in one monitor and another game on the other. It's not about PC resources. Titanfall loads fine. But as soon as I load Dota the Titanfall servers disconnect, the game still runs but I get a "lost connection" error. It's a fucking joke.

When I am in my home office there is almost no instance that I am not either forming a Dota 2 party or playing Dota 2. I play other games while the party is forming! Titanfall doesn't let me do that so...adios Titanfall.

Capture point is fucking TERRIBLE 6 v. 6. It's basically a circuit run from point to point because there aren't enough people to properly mount assaults and hold points at the same time. Garbage.

Easy way to rapidly level though since everyone else plays it as deathmatch and you can just play ring around the rosy with ABC.
I haven't played Titanfall yet but that's the impression I got from watching streams. It just seems strange seeing so little activity around capture points when you're used to 64 player conquest in BF4.

I'm still kind of interested in Titanfall for some of the other modes, though. Not interested enough to buy an XBO but as an ultra-plebe I'm considering picking up the 360 version if it turns out alright.

Dragon

Banned
I haven't played Titanfall yet but that's the impression I got from watching streams. It just seems strange seeing so little activity around capture points when you're used to 64 player conquest in BF4.

I'm still kind of interested in Titanfall for some of the other modes, though. Not interested enough to buy an XBO but as an ultra-plebe I'm considering picking up the 360 version if it turns out alright.

I doubt the 360 version runs that much worse than the Xbone version.

eznark, state your console allegiances before a war starts between YH and Dragon!

Starts?

Sanjuro

Capture point is fucking TERRIBLE 6 v. 6. It's basically a circuit run from point to point because there aren't enough people to properly mount assaults and hold points at the same time. Garbage.

Easy way to rapidly level though since everyone else plays it as deathmatch and you can just play ring around the rosy with ABC.

I love it. Depends on the map though. I'm not sure I would enjoy this game with any more than eight characters per team.

eznark

Banned
I've actually come around to loving the grunts. The most enjoyment I get out of this game is using the speed perk, sprinting into a group of grunts and jump kicking them all to death as they sit there and pretend I am not jump kicking them to death.

cdyhybrid

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI 55s
McShay on JaMarcus Russell, 2007: "I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I keep forgetting Titanfall is a thing on PC. Stupid Origin.

For whatever reason if it doesn't pop up on Steam, I forget about it.

Shooters need to go back to World War 2. Red Orchestra doesn't count because that game is ridiculous.

eznark

Banned
It's adorable that you think Company of Heroes is an MMO. And if you are talking about City of Heroes, congratulations, you're the first person to do so.

squicken

Didn't Jamarcus Russell have pretty much the greatest Pro Day workout ever?

Mayock mentioned that in terms of not overreacting. Best Pro Day he had seen, but even then he said he still had Russell as a 2nd b/c he doubted his love of the game.

His point today was that all of Teddy's game tape he had questions on his deep ball arm strength and accuracy, and today only heightened those concerns

Draxal

No. I had a roommate in college that played CoH and LoL, but the only MMO I ever got into was DC on PS3.

If he played LoL, Dota 2 is pretty similiar except they differ in monetization/graphics/some minor gameplay decision. They're both ridicuously huge right now, but only on PC and have no impact on consoles.

eznark

Banned
^ That will work.

I will clue you in on the next super huge game though.

In its current iteration, HoTS sucks ass. (But also has some cool stuff too).

Draxal

^ That will work.

I will clue you in on the next super huge game though.

In its current iteration, HoTS sucks ass. (But also has some cool stuff too).

Hots made me realize why game designers are so hesitant to change the core structure of the orginial dota too much, they really just got it right with the original.

If he played LoL, Dota 2 is pretty similiar except they differ in monetization/graphics/some minor gameplay decision. They're both ridicuously huge right now, but only on PC and have no impact on consoles.

Oh okay. I wanted to try Dota 2 out a while ago, but I made a post asking if you could play it with a controller and everyone said no. I cant play games with a keyboard mouse. Its weird, I can type fast but if I try to do it in a game it takes me forever to even find the right keys.

eznark

Banned
Hots made me realize why game designers are so hesitant to change the core structure of the orginial dota too much, they really just got it right with the original.

Eh, the structural stuff they changed is in large part really cool. For some reason they also decided to make the game play at half speed and took all the strategy out of it. The control point stuff, the in-match quests and a lot of the heroes are actually really cool.

Most of the changes they made seem to be about getting tons of people in the door and then charging them $20 for mounts.

I've actually come around to loving the grunts. The most enjoyment I get out of this game is using the speed perk, sprinting into a group of grunts and jump kicking them all to death as they sit there and pretend I am not jump kicking them to death.

DAT cloud powered "advanced AI". ;)

BLWJPj2l.jpg

Jarnet87

Mayock mentioned that in terms of not overreacting. Best Pro Day he had seen, but even then he said he still had Russell as a 2nd b/c he doubted his love of the game.

His point today was that all of Teddy's game tape he had questions on his deep ball arm strength and accuracy, and today only heightened those concerns

The Pro Days for QBs should always be excellent, for all players really. It's a scripted event so it should go perfect. It can only raise concerns when they mess up.

I kept checking for you on Saturday and Sunday. Good times on Friday. To bad you were not on when we started, we had a stretch of like 8 straight wins at one point.
Sorry. Game time remains limited. One of the reasons I haven't jumped fully into DOTA2; I know there's no way to carve out enough time with it to get good at it. With Titanfall you can pretty much play a decent game even if you're only getting on a couple times per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom