• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

oh my God Greg I was kidding. Thanks for making me feel like a dick! Now I have to play it
:jnc

ace pilot Earl Z'Nark

Is war thunder really that fun? If so I'd like to try it, Greg can you train me please!!
it's awesome

takes a bit to get used to the mechanics and into planes that actually do damage, but I play with 3 or 4 of my buddies and it's a lot of fun

Todays Eagles live Dave said that he spoke to Howie and that the Eagles are not trading DJax. He also said he expects Vick to be back as the backup, and that no team has even brought him in for a visit. Greg Cosell was also on and said that the Eagles will definitely look to WR, maybe even in the first round. He thinks WR is their biggest need.

I haven't been posting much during FA, but I'm here all the time. What is there to say? Ravens resigned some people, maintaining the status quo of mediocre. We lost and are losing folks I like more than anyone we lost last year when we were "dismantled," and we signed Steve Smith, who I love from a personality standpoint, but I'm not really enthused if that's the move that upgrades our wide reciever core.

Oher is gone, that's cool though.

Todays Eagles live Dave said that he spoke to Howie and that the Eagles are not trading DJax. He also said he expects Vick to be back as the backup, and that no team has even brought him in for a visit. Greg Cosell was also on and said that the Eagles will definitely look to WR, maybe even in the first round. He thinks WR is their biggest need.

How many weapons do they need? I feel like they should focus on defense?

How many weapons do they need? I feel like they should focus on defense?

Even though they had the #2 offense last year that stat is misleading. Last year they barely ran any 4 WR sets, Maclin was out and Maehl did nothing. Chip has said he wants to be able to run a lot of different formations, everything from 3 TEs to 4 WRs. Even now they have DJax, Maclin coming off an injury, Cooper, and a 31 years old undersized Sproles. Their WR corps could be good or terrible it is hard to know.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I haven't been posting much during FA, but I'm here all the time. What is there to say? Ravens resigned some people, maintaining the status quo of mediocre. We lost and are losing folks I like more than anyone we lost last year when we were "dismantled," and we signed Steve Smith, who I love from a personality standpoint, but I'm not really enthused if that's the move that upgrades our wide reciever core.

Oher is gone, that's cool though.

That the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters, the Steelers are rapists, etc. etc.

All of you Ravens fans have gone quiet! Must be depression due to that Flacco contract settling in.

DMczaf

Lovie Era

The Bucs are ensuring that the $100 million in contracts they handed out to Johnson, Verner and Collins in free agency this off-season won't keep them in cap jail for years to come. How? They didn't include signing bonuses in any of those contracts. Zero dollars.

Overall, the Bucs have racked up $128 million in free agent acquisitions.

0b28e6cbc093aa4afd6172ab1a8a0654_crop_north.jpg

DMczaf

How does not giving signing bonuses help avoid cap hell? If it is that easy why doesnt every team just do that?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...cy-spending/fXF2XMwTNOyMAo8uqLeR2J/story.html

An interesting trend is starting to develop, spearheaded by the Buccaneers and Jaguars — neither team awarded signing bonuses in their many free agent contracts signed last week, preferring instead a pay-as-you-go approach.

Teams usually award signing bonuses as a way to keep cap numbers low — teams can prorate a signing bonus over five years for cap purposes — but it also can make it tougher to cut a player when he still counts, say, $5 million against the cap even if he is cut.

eznark

Banned
Interesting. I am surprised that the players/agents are cool with that. I would think they would want as much up front as possible.

They are getting more up front. Signing bonuses are essentially giving the players more money spread over 5 years. The player is taking slightly less money to get paid right now. Honestly with TVM and the opportunity cost of lost investments, it's probably a better deal for the players.

It's harder for the owners because it costs more year to year. You can only really do it if you are sound financially. The Jaguars and Buccaneers are able to do it because they have so much cap space and very little dead money.

I think DRC is a good player. I hope the Jets get him, FV!
I think he can certainly be a good player as I've said. I'm just not willing to pay him the type of money that's been rumored to find out if he plans to try or not.;)

Forgot to mention, I have a friend here at work who's a big Jets fan and he wants DRC badly. I almost want the Giants to sign him just so I can give him shit. :jnc

Even though they had the #2 offense last year that stat is misleading. Last year they barely ran any 4 WR sets, Maclin was out and Maehl did nothing. Chip has said he wants to be able to run a lot of different formations, everything from 3 TEs to 4 WRs. Even now they have DJax, Maclin coming off an injury, Cooper, and a 31 years old undersized Sproles. Their WR corps could be good or terrible it is hard to know.

Pfft. I haven't seen a successful 4 WR set in years

gutshot

It would be counter-intuitive for Howie to say anything else. Admitting they are trying to trade him is going to severely hurt his trade value. And I wouldn't be surprised if Vick is back but I still think that some team will offer him a chance to start. I expect he is just waiting until after the draft to sign with a team, so that wherever he ends up doesn't draft one of the top QBs and then Vick gets relegated to the bench immediately.

fucken wells fargo, they are coming in for audits and I had to get some insurance info for one of my deals, was on the phone for 30 mins and the stupid insurance has been canceled for over a month :/

Anyways...dolphins paying Finnegan 5.5M GTD this year :/ WTF..

cdyhybrid

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 31s
T.J. Housh believes that Richard Sherman couldn't shut him down. Which is true, because it'd take him 15 seconds to get past slot coverage.

LMAO, fuck off Housh.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3s
Darrelle Revis said there were around 26 teams to consider. "Everything happened so fast. I was surprised with how many teams called."

Greg

Is the "Steam Pack" for War Thunder worth it for $25?
it gives you ~20 dollars worth of premium time and 17 dollars worth of the best currency

and you get 3 premium planes worth about 20 dollars, but the issue is that if you don't know what nation you want to play you might end up with planes that you don't even use (5 different nations to pick from, you can only pick 1 nation before the start of each game, and most people only stick with 1 because it takes so long to level through the tiers)

it's free to play, so I'd say just give it a shot and get a feel for the classes/what you'd be interested in/how the currencies work/if you even like it first

Welcome Darelle,

Please stay for a couple of years, without complaining too much, whilst winning multiple Super Bowls.

Thanks in advance!

Your friend,

Dutch

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
it gives you ~20 dollars worth of premium time and 17 dollars worth of the best currency

and you get 3 premium planes worth about 20 dollars, but the issue is that if you don't know what nation you want to play you might end up with planes that you don't even use (5 different nations to pick from, you can only pick 1 nation before the start of each game, and most people only stick with 1 because it takes so long to level through the tiers)

it's free to play, so I'd say just give it a shot and get a feel for the classes/what you'd be interested in/how the currencies work/if you even like it first

Okay sounds good.

Looking at all of them, I'd be more likely to get the Dora pack anyway. I tend to play as the Germans in these types of games.

Draxal

I think he can certainly be a good player as I've said. I'm just not willing to pay him the type of money that's been rumored to find out if he plans to try or not.;)

Forgot to mention, I have a friend here at work who's a big Jets fan and he wants DRC badly. I almost want the Giants to sign him just so I can give him shit. :jnc

All the Jets fans are super salty about Revis right now.

Sanjorriri you make popcorn on the stovetop in a pan.

If you want it extra tasty you use lard or crisco but if you're one of those health conscious fruit bats, you use vegetable oil. Then you sauté some butter in another pan and spread about with a spoon and lightly salt in a roasting pan as a giant bowl.

I have to teach you guys everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom