• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSA

Banned
lol from that Tips thread:

http://i.imgur.com/3G2S8ws.gif[IMG]

this is some Jnc-tier cooking[/QUOTE]

This implies that jakncoke can cook, he cannot. As he can barely read (especially after he consumes the elixir of the Mad Dawg), he burns Chef Boyardee in the microwave.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 13m
Per NFLPA media records, Jon Beason's 2014 base salary will be $730K. That number jumps to $3.6M in 2015 and then drops to $2.8M in 2016
There are escalators in his contract for this year based on incentives so yeah. Pretty team friendly deal!

I was looking at few Jets sites today that are pushing this narrative that the Giants have little to no cap space. I've no clue what they're on about. We're still sitting on 8-12 million in cap space right now. We'll get another 5 million post-June 1st thanks to the Baas cut which is more than enough for rookie signings.

Jameel Mcclain contract:

Aaron Wilson & #8207;@RavensInsider 6m
Jameel McClain two-yr deal base value $4.5M: $600K bonus, salaries $1.375M, $1.75M, $400K roster bonus '15, escalator can push up to $6M

Heroman

Banned
why is jim harbaugh doing pushups with a walrus?
He just scouting a new player, Now Imagine this
air_bud_golden_receiver_1998.jpg

but with a walrus.

Sanjorriri you make popcorn on the stovetop in a pan.

If you want it extra tasty you use lard or crisco but if you're one of those health conscious fruit bats, you use vegetable oil. Then you sauté some butter in another pan and spread about with a spoon and lightly salt in a roasting pan as a giant bowl.

I have to teach you guys everything.

Doesn't match

Who wouldve thought after a few years ago New England might have one the best secondaries in the league?

I think the jury's still out on that one. Revis is an upgrade over Talib but we still need another safety especially if what Browner said today was true and he's being brought in to play corner and not safety like quite a few people assumed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Key word is might.

I think the jury's still out on that one. Revis is an upgrade over Talib but we still need another safety especially if what Browner said today was true and he's being brought in to play corner and not safety like quite a few people assumed.

Sensible Pats fans got to it before I could.

Let's actually see the secondary in action before we anoint it as anything good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Who would've thought after Nick Collins died for our Superbowl win, Green Bay might have one the worst secondaries in the league?

Sanjuro

Sensible Pats fans got to it before I could.

Let's actually see the secondary in action before we anoint it as anything good.

It starts with coaching, and right now the secondary is coached in a very interesting manner. They play conservative to the point of it being nonsense. They go for the tackle over the receiver's reception and sacrifice the yardage.

This makes no sense because we don't have a pass or run stopping defense. At least not last year. We also finished close to dead last or last in penalties in the secondary, which is embarrassing in this game.

Any brief breakdown on who is currently banned and why? Why is Milchjon banned? Where's the latest NFLPrisonGaf update? Shame I missed the start of free agency.

Bowser

Who would've thought after Nick Collins died for our Superbowl win, Green Bay might have one the worst secondaries in the league?

I thought it was J-Stew's massive ass that caused Nick Collins' death in week 2 after the SB. Cam's rookie year.

cdyhybrid

It starts with coaching, and right now the secondary is coached in a very interesting manner. They play conservative to the point of it being nonsense. They go for the tackle over the receiver's reception and sacrifice the yardage.

This makes no sense because we don't have a pass or run stopping defense. At least not last year. We also finished close to dead last or last in penalties in the secondary, which is embarrassing in this game.

If they still play/coach conservatively with these corners they should be fired. Granted, if you have ham sandwiches at safety you might have somewhat of a reason to be conservative, but still.

Roddy White ‏@roddywhiteTV 2h
I want to see what the NFL does about this Jim Irsay situation if a player loses a game check no matter the amount he should lose a game day

Too bad the owners are the ones calling the shots.

Sanjuro

If they still play/coach conservatively with these corners they should be fired. Granted, if you have ham sandwiches at safety you might have somewhat of a reason to be conservative, but still.

Roddy White ‏@roddywhiteTV 2h
I want to see what the NFL does about this Jim Irsay situation if a player loses a game check no matter the amount he should lose a game day

Too bad the owners are the ones calling the shots.

The only reason I could come up with is skill. It's a gamble if your crew isn't talented enough. At some point, you need to take the fucking penalties and actually do something to the receiving core.

e.g., Seattle.

MechDX

Cortland Finnegan's deal in Miami is worth $11 million over two years. $5.5M guaranteed, $5.525M this year, $5.475M in 2015.

Gentlemen, the Miami Dolphins!

exarkun

Not Jim Irsay! I thought you were clean after 2004's rehad stint. If Luck could be strong for Chuck, he can be strong for Jim. So there was #chuckstrong, I wonder what this one will be. #IrsaysIlk or #GimmeforJimmy

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The only reason I could come up with is skill. It's a gamble if your crew isn't talented enough. At some point, you need to take the fucking penalties and actually do something to the receiving core.

e.g., Seattle.

Well the good news is that outside of Mike Wallace, I don't really think there are any big name receivers in the AFC East. Brian Hartline...maybe?

Not that you guys ever worry about winning your division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom