• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

$5.5m for Finnegan doesn't seem that bad considering the pretty ludicrous CB/S market this offseason.

If he plays like he did last year, the Dolphins would be better off starting whatever UDFA cornerback they can find. If I'm not mistaken, Finnegan gave up a perfect passer rating to opposing quarterbacks both in the slot and on the outside before he was placed on injured reserve last season. Why would any team pay $5.5M guaranteed for that?

Sanjuro

Well the good news is that outside of Mike Wallace, I don't really think there are any big name receivers in the AFC East. Brian Hartline...maybe?

Not that you guys ever worry about winning your division.

Yeah. I'm really okay with divisional match-ups. The only moves we make matter in the post season or the couple marque games during the season.

If he plays like he did last year, the Dolphins would be better off starting whatever UDFA cornerback they can find. If I'm not mistaken, Finnegan gave up a perfect passer rating to opposing quarterbacks both in the slot and on the outside before he was placed on injured reserve last season. Why would any team pay $5.5M guaranteed for that?

Yeah, him getting $5.5m has me very worried about what the Fins are doing.

It's as if Packers fans were the GM. JUST FUCKING SIGN ANYONE I DON'T CARE WHO.

That does seem to be the case. He is arguably the worst player at his position last year. They also brought in Delmas and his bad knees. Their secondary is going to be a disaster this year.

Edit: I wonder if the Peppers signing will make Packers fans calm down about signing players.

Boose

Mobile (cell phone) gaming is the absolute worst. I'll never forgive capcom for what theyve done to BoF.

I didn't know about this and you just made me cry. :(

Also the Finnegan signing is awful. Granted I guess I can't talk much since the rams gave him a shitload of money for one average year and one awful year.

eznark

Banned
My guess is that they are trying to put a good enough team together to get people excited for Tannehill and buy the current staff some time. You probably aren't going to win with those guys but it does give you veterans to throw out there if the guys you draft aren't ready. And (like just about every other team) they have cap room so those contracts will probably have zero impact beyond this year.

12152103Patriots-Dolphins-Foo_Hopk.jpg

7996934.jpg

n-TOM-BRADY-large570.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Edit: I wonder if the Peppers signing will make Packers fans calm down about signing players.

Must be TT trolling the fanbase.

"You want me to sign someone? Fine, here you go."

The reality is that Peppers is not what most Packer fans meant by wanting the team to use free agency. I didn't want Revis but I wouldn't have minded grabbing Byrd, resigning EDS, or some other lineman.

manfestival

It seems like the bucs have signed a bunch of solid players. None of the "elite" status folks that they picked up the past few years. Carl Nicks and Revis were the main ones where they didnt justify their asking prices. I would go as far and say that vjax was the one and true fantastic free agent pick up

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
dolphins fans are the worst

I'm pretty sure they're not even in the top 2/3rds of the worst fanbases in the league.

Meanwhile you google "Boston sports fans" and loads of people agree that Patriot fans are among the worst. Philly and Niner/Oakland fans are the only other ones that can compete.

Google "Dolphins fans" and you just get "Did you mean Patriot fans?"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Tom Penny

Dolphins fans never cease to amaze me. Why even attempt to troll the Pats when your team lost to the Bills then the Jets at home back to back with them controlling their playoff destiny. Simply a joke franchise until proven otherwise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God I hope either the Raiders or Browns take Schoob.

I'll send them a thank you card.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 31m
Panthers have re-signed backup linebacker Jason Williams and backup cornerback James Dockery.

Getts' Moves (outside of Hardy)

Resigns:

QB Derek Anderson
LB/ST Jason Williams
CB James Dockery

Tenders:
OT Byron Bell

Cuts:
WR Steve Smith

Signs:
S Roman Harper
TE Mike McNeill

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just saw Rappaports tweet that the Browns are now interested as well as the Raiders. I hope he goes to Cleveland. Kave deserves Schaub

lol

eznark

Banned
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
When #Texans make their move with Matt Schaub (cut or trade), expect them to have interest in #Jets QB Mark Sanchez if/when he’s released

Dolphins fans never cease to amaze me. Why even attempt to troll the Pats when your team lost to the Bills then the Jets at home back to back with them controlling their playoff destiny. Simply a joke franchise until proven otherwise.

Unless you are puffing your chest out about division titles both teams seasons ended the same way. The fins might never win anything with Tanny, but at least he is young so there is some hope, the Pats window with Brady is closing very fast.

Matrix

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
When #Texans make their move with Matt Schaub (cut or trade), expect them to have interest in #Jets QB Mark Sanchez if/when he’s released

Gonna kill myself.

That's just some sick joke... haha Rapoport good one

Unless you are puffing your chest out about division titles both teams seasons ended the same way. The fins might never win anything with Tanny, but at least he is young so there is some hope, the Pats window with Brady is closing very fast.

So you're saying losing the AFC championship is just as bad as not making the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom