• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRC to the Giants is big. 5 years for $39 million with $15 mil guaranteed is a good deal. I'm glad that they're spending their money on the defense this off-season. Now if we could just find some reliable offensive linemen...

Deep OL and WR draft. Schwartz/Walton was a good start.

OG, OC, LB, CB and Demps/Holliday as returners all addressed. Reese goes into the draft with the ability to address OL, WR and TE and likely a piece or two for the DL or an LB.

I'm not usually a fan of going crazy in FA but we had the space and way too many holes for a team with a 33 year old QB.

Zoctan

Deep OL and WR draft. Schwartz/Walton was a good start.

OG, OC, LB, CB and Demps/Holliday as returners all addressed. Reese goes into the draft with the ability to address OL, WR and TE and likely a piece or two for the DL or an LB.

I'm not usually a fan of going crazy in FA but we had the space and way too many holes for a team with a 33 year old QB.

Jon Beason signing was huge. It was nice to see them put some money into LB. Also liked the Jameel McClain signing. Good, safe OL moves as well.

I expect us to take either an OL/DL in the first round but Ebron is an option as well, though I don't like TE's getting taken in the first round.

And of course, us Giants fans are used to building through the draft, but you have got to maximize Manning while he's still got something left.

Dragon

Banned
Sammy doesn't care who drafts him but he wants to go to a good organization with a good WR to learn from and with a good QB.

Welp...

td1.gif

tumblr_mlps83qIyK1qhub34o1_500.gif

squicken

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns HC Mike Pettine, OC Kyle Shanahan and QB coach Dowell Loggains all skipped Teddy Bridgewater's Pro Day at Louisville today.

bg, kave?

Sammy doesn't care who drafts him but he wants to go to a good organization with a good WR to learn from and with a good QB.

Welp...

Whoever drafts him is in need of a WR1, unless he somehow falls to DET. But yeah, kind of like a QB wanting to get drafted by a team with good WRs and offensive linemen

MechDX

bg, kave?

Whoever drafts him is in need of a WR1, unless he somehow falls to DET. But yeah, kind of like a QB wanting to get drafted by a team with good WRs and offensive linemen

Smokescreens everywhere or they know they are getting Schaub and give no fucks.

Jon Beason signing was huge. It was nice to see them put some money into LB. Also liked the Jameel McClain signing. Good, safe OL moves as well.

I expect us to take either an OL/DL in the first round but Ebron is an option as well, though I don't like TE's getting taken in the first round.

And of course, us Giants fans are used to building through the draft, but you have got to maximize Manning while he's still got something left.

4 out of the 10 years in the new CBA Reese have to spend, with the new deal teams have to spend 85% of the cap over a 4 year period, so if the cap was $10m by the end of the 4th year teams would have had to spend $34m, this is why the raiders are trying to giving away money to trash players..

MechDX

BG probably has more info then I but I have been reading things here and there that they don't seem as enamored with the top QBs in this draft as originally thought.

And the stars shall align and bring unto the Browns a new leader. One who isn't the QB they want but the one they deserve.

Ladies and gentlemen....enter The Schaub

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
And the stars shall align and bring unto the Browns a new leader. One who isn't the QB they want but the one they deserve.

Ladies and gentlemen....enter The Schaub

Hard to do when the Texans refuse to give him up.

Last I heard he was untouchable even for two first round picks.

squicken

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 4m
#Rams free agent S Darian Stewart visited the #Panthers today but was not offered a contract, per a league source.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpzycfJtSE1r0ojhto1_400.gif[/im][/QUOTE]

Watching Darian Stewart play safety made me miss Craig Dahl

[quote="TheBatman, post: 104779371"]What am I, chopped liver?

Anyway, Bridgewater has been my favorite for a while. Heard his pro-day was pretty crap, but I still like the guy.

Ultimately I think we end up with Bortles still.[/QUOTE]

My apologies, Batman. Was just wondering if Browns GAF saw it as a smokescreen, if the coaches weren't going to be part of the QB assessment, or just lacked genuine interest. I read something earlier today that the Browns still don't have a team physician and couldn't send a full compliment of medical personnel to the Combine. So I just don't know if things still aren't all in place yet

Watching Darian Stewart play safety made me miss Craig Dahl

My apologies, Batman. Was just wondering if Browns GAF saw it as a smokescreen, if the coaches weren't going to be part of the QB assessment, or just lacked genuine interest. I read something earlier today that the Browns still don't have a team physician and couldn't send a full compliment of medical personnel to the Combine. So I just don't know if things still aren't all in place yet

Ha, don't worry about it man. There's a lot of us, don't expect ya to mention everyone. Besides, they're more tenured anyway. xD

Browns didn't interview Johnny Touchdown at the combine, and weren't active at Teddy's pro-day. It most certainly could be a smoke-screen, but just seems signs have been pointing to Bortles lately, providing Texans and Jags don't take him first.

Raiders signed Kevin Boothe to a 2 year deal. More Giants to Raiders connections.

Decent versatile lineman. Can play G and C. Not amazing but good depth as a swingman. No business starting anymore, IMO unless hes got great pieces around him.

Pimpwerx

Listening to all the pre-draft talk, am I the only person who thinks Evans will be the best player drafted from A&M? I said that kid was a stud from his first game on TV. Big, strong and good hands. I'd love for him to fall to the Phins. PEACE

Listening to all the pre-draft talk, am I the only person who thinks Evans will be the best player drafted from A&M? I said that kid was a stud from his first game on TV. Big, strong and good hands. I'd love for him to fall to the Phins. PEACE

He is the #1 guy I want the Eagles to get. I think he is going to e great.

Syrinx

Haven't put much thought into the subject but I really wouldn't be surprised if he was.

Tamanon

Banned

He seemed to bail Manziel out a ton whenever I was watching.

squicken

Safest A&M prospect is easily Mathews. He's going to play 10 years b/c he can play every position on the line. His versatility, to me, makes him nearly as good a prospect as Robinson.

I really like Evans, but you need to get to the bottom of why LSU and Duke roughed him up and took him out of those games with CBs who could match his physicality. He's also got some maturity issues. I don't think he will do much year one, and needs to go somewhere with the right kind of coaching staff

LJ11

Re Evans

Signing with Cash Money is a bigger issue. I mean they're all leaches but cash money? Lol, bad decision making right out of the gate.

DeionSanders ‏@DeionSanders 41m
Panthers lost their minds as well allowing Steve Smith to leave. He was the attitude of the offense & was the ONLY dependable rec they had.

Panthers lost their minds as well allowing Steve Smith to leave. He was the attitude of the offense & was the ONLY dependable rec they had.

is deion sanders dense? does he not realize steve smith's age and how injury prone he is now? what good is attitude and being dependable on the field when you can't stay on the field? by the 3rd quarter of the playoff game he was basically a gimp/decoy

Colasante

I get why Panthers fans would be nervous at this point, but the season is still a long ways away and the draft is loaded with receivers. Circumstances change every draft, but take a look at where some receivers were drafted last season: Robert Woods (41st overall), Aaron Dobson (59th), Terrance Williams (74th), Stedman Bailey (92nd), Quinton Patton (128th), Kenny Stills (144th), and Kenbrell Thompkins and Marlon Brown (UDFA). You won't need to go WR with your first two picks to get solid starters in this year's draft. Gettleman kicked ass in the draft and at free agency last year, and I think he'll do it against this year. He's patient and an old school scout that trusts his instincts. Fear not, Panthers fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom