• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You guys are really not making me feel better about my divorce. 6.5 years down the toilet, lost my surrogate family (I don't have much of my own), and a broken marriage.

Ugh. Glad to know that crap will haunt me forever!

It does make me feel a little better knowing that half of you guys would trade your wives in for a Super Bowl win. I'm sure eznark would throw a kid in too.

Edit: sorry to hear that kas. I lost my mom to cancer when I was 16. Now my 84 year old dad is in the hospital and they're letting him come home tomorrow probably because there's nothing more they can do.

What a year it has been.

:blarry

Sorry to hear that Wienke and Kas, hang in there we are here for you guys :) I lost someone very special and close to me a little over 6 months ago (right when I joined NFL-Gaf), it fucked sucks but eventually things get better, they always do :)

Sanjuro

You guys are really not making me feel better about my divorce. 6.5 years down the toilet, lost my surrogate family (I don't have much of my own), and a broken marriage.

Ugh. Glad to know that crap will haunt me forever!

It does make me feel a little better knowing that half of you guys would trade your wives in for a Super Bowl win. I'm sure eznark would throw a kid in too.

Edit: sorry to hear that kas. I lost my mom to cancer when I was 16. Now my 84 year old dad is in the hospital and they're letting him come home tomorrow probably because there's nothing more they can do.

What a year it has been.

:blarry

I just need to face the facts. I'll never get Drew Bledsoe back again.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just need to face the facts. I'll never get Drew Bledsoe back again.

You think that's bad. My favorite player growing up was Reggie White and he died :(

Just be happy knowing that Bledsoe ended his career in a bathtub of hookers and blow like every Cowboy QB.

You think that's bad. My favorite player growing up was Reggie White and he died :(

Just be happy knowing that Bledsoe ended his career in a bathtub of hookers and blow like every Cowboy QB

that is awesome.

My favorite player was Steve Young, and he got knocked out of the game and his career from a concussion. I think it was even against a shitty Arizona Cardinals back then :(

exarkun

Just saw bridgewater's pro-day. "Billy" OBrien really did just fucking follow him around. lollol

Bridgewater looked like shit considering the circumstances. Wobbly ass balls, over throwing, under throwing.

Just draft Manziel already. Or Mack, or Clowney

Sanjuro

Just be happy knowing that Bledsoe ended his career in a bathtub of hookers and blow like every Cowboy QB.

White was an odd guy towards his later days. Thing about Drew I liked is he was a regular guy. The local stories about him getting trashed heading into game days are great.

squicken

wienke, kas, sorry about your folks. Hope things work out for the best

Sorry about Bledsoe, sanjuro. I always thought his work off the bench vs Pittsburgh has been a victim of the Brady mythos

Just saw bridgewater's pro-day. "

Just draft Manziel already.

Hello, friend

Whats this garbage nonsense I'm hearing about the Eagles trading DJAX? This better not be true as I don't think we can get fair value in return, Maclin is 1 year removed from an ACL tear, and Cooper only worked because of the attention to DJAX in the passing game.

If he is traded I imagine the Panthers would be the team.

maaaaaaaaaaaaan, if we trade Djax to the panthers...I'd only be cool with that if we got.....LUKE KUECHLY!!! hahaha but this isn't the nba (then again, the eagles like to trade player for player).....so....they better not trade him.

Striker

Trindon Holliday is an interesting addition. Great return guy but risky with losing the ball. Demps was a great returner himself, although he's mostly a kick returner. Tom Quinn can't fuck it up, can he?

Also, some DRC notes:
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 2m
If my math is right, that puts DRC's 2014 cap number at a reasonable $2.75M (give or take a small bonus or two). #NYG
Andrew Brandt þ@adbrandt ·
Re Giants/DRC, am told 10M signing bonus, 750k salary in 2014. 1M March roster bonus, 4.25M salary (2M of it gteed) in 2015. 16M/2.
Sounds like it could be a two year deal if they wanted to move on for some reason.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thanks for the kind words fellas.

I caught up on some of Bridgewaters` highlights last night, you guys were not kidding, it was BAD. We`ll hear how he does in private workouts but this hurts the Lions chances of landing either Waktins or Evans at #10. Most of it depended on the 3 QBs (JFF, Teddy, Blake) going in the Top 10. Hopefully some offensive lineman or defensive players stock rise. I see Bridgewater potentially dropping out of the Top 10 now.

I don`t care what it takes, if we have to trade up but get it done. Mayhew is usually very conservative but I don`t think Ford Jr. is going to take another losing season so I think we trade up to grab either Evans or Watkins.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
My dad is a hardcore raiders fan for decades now. He was talking so much shit about the Texans and Schaub as well as saying no team would want him. It's gonna be funny if he goes to Oakland and even funnier if we were to get McGloin out of it since he likes him.

Trindon Holliday is an interesting addition. Great return guy but risky with losing the ball. Demps was a great returner himself, although he's mostly a kick returner. Tom Quinn can't fuck it up, can he?

Also, some DRC notes:

Sounds like it could be a two year deal if they wanted to move on for some reason.

Good luck with Holliday. Dude's certainly able to rip off big ones, just got really annoying when he'd constantly try to run it out of the endzone only to be decked at the 15 yard line by the other team's kicker (or worse, fumble it on a punt return).

That said, all the returners on the Broncos had a flub last year (Holliday fumbles, Welker's late wave off, Decker missed an onside kick catch)

Internet guy just woke us from our slumber. Said he'd come in between eight and noon, and at 8:18 we jolt up when our bell goes off. In all the moving craziness we forgot to buy a wireless router to go along with the modem. Oops.

Prices for them seem to vary wildly. Target has some as low as $30 up to $150. Any consensus on what price seems to make the most sense? We're in a one-bedroom apartment, if that helps.

Talon

Well, our kick and punt returning has been shit for two seasons, so as long as we can at least get to the 25, it'll be an improvement.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Well I don't know? Can't be much worse I guess? I think he's an interesting reclamation project type of guy and he's still young. I would much rather have him than some of the other guys available.

Truth be told he's still better than Geno but theres no chance the Jets could sell the fanbase on bringing back Sanchez as the guy.

jmdajr

Well I don't know? Can't be much worse I guess? I think he's an interesting reclamation project type of guy. I would much rather have him than some of the other guys available.

I feel that Matt stats are probably better going head to head, but Sanchez made it farther in the playoffs.

Still Schaub has never had anything close to butt fumble.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I feel that Matt stats are probably better going head to head, but Sanchez made it farther in the playoffs.

Yeah Schaub has been way better over his career but after what happened last year I just can't see the Texans deciding to keep him in any fashion. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.

MechDX

You are not really buying this Sanchez garbage are you? Every free agent QB has been linked to us as well as any QB that has a Patriot/UCF tie because of BOB's "connections". Media pulling shit out of their ass

jmdajr

You are not really buying this Sanchez garbage are you? Every free agent QB has been linked to us as well as any QB that has a Patriot/UCF tie because of BOB's "connections". Media pulling shit out of their ass

I'm reacting to it, but I don't really believe it. No.

anyhow, here is a rabbit.

960x540.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Cap Space remaining for Denver, New England and Giants

@AlbertBreer: What some spenders are down to in cap room: Denver $5.95M ... New England $6.27M ... Giants $7.67M.

Pats could open up more when they decide what they are going to do with Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom