• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

James Starks remains a Packer. Could have a nice combo between Lacy, Starks, and a healthy Harris.

Signed some Vikings DT. No idea what to think of our line. I guess it's better than stagnating and just assuming the same guys are going to change?

James Starks remains a Packer. Could have a nice combo between Lacy, Starks, and a healthy Harris.

Signed some Vikings DT. No idea what to think of our line. I guess it's better than stagnating and just assuming the same guys are going to change?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Falling forward forever, bitches!

LJ11

Kas/Weinke, sad to read about your current troubles. Two of the nicer guys on this board, hopefully everything works out for the best.

I missed the posts from wienke and kas, sorry to hear about your hardships, my friends. I agree with LJ, both of you are great posters and some genuinely nice dudes. I hope things start going better for you guys soon.

Eleuin

Johnathan franklin am cry

So I keep hearing that the Eagles are shopping players on their roster for
picks because they only have 6 picks in this draft and Howie really wants more. Sounds like Brown or Polk are both available. I wonder if they could get anything for either guy. Seems a bit silly to me to trade away guys that you know can produce to get back late rounds picks that you hope could produce.

Sideline throw was one of the best throw and catch I've seen in the Owl. That was a good day for America
image.php

effzee

So I keep hearing that the Eagles are shopping players on their roster for
picks because they only have 6 picks in this draft and Howie really wants more. Sounds like Brown or Polk are both available. I wonder if they could get anything for either guy. Seems a bit silly to me to trade away guys that you know can produce to get back late rounds picks that you hope could produce.

I like both Polk and Brown but of the two I'd rather keep Bryce Brown.

He is extremely explosive and has proven it over and over. A backfield of Sproles, McCoy, and Brown is lethal if used properly. Chip barely gave him the ball last year. He should be getting 5-7 carries at a minimum in each game. Especially during drives when McCoy is catching his breath.

I like both Polk and Brown but of the two I'd rather keep Bryce Brown.

He is extremely explosive and has proven it over and over. A backfield of Sproles, McCoy, and Brown is lethal if used properly. Chip barely gave him the ball last year. He should be getting 5-7 carries at a minimum in each game. Especially during drives when McCoy is catching his breath.

I wonder how much the fumbling the year before limited his carries.

eznark

Banned
Shit sorry guys. Went through the same thing with my mom back when I was in college Kas. Scary shit. Hope it works out as well for you all.

Wienke go get your d wet. Also leave Arkansas.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thanks for the well wishes guys. My dad is out of the hospital so we're in wait and see mode now.

I'm probably not cut out for being snarky if you all think I'm nice. Maybe I need to start taking this stuff personally like Dragon and YH. Anyone want to be my mortal enemy?

Shit sorry guys. Went through the same thing with my mom back when I was in college Kas. Scary shit. Hope it works out as well for you all.

Wienke go get your d wet. Also leave Arkansas.

Did that and it didn't help at all.

Also Ive been in Houston for a while now! (Where the Ex lives..)

Dragon

Banned

Really sorry to hear about this weinke. Both my grandfathers died of cancer and I'm dreading the dead my parents start having major health problems.

As far as your divorce and everything, can't really speak to it, never been married, but I always felt like I'd rather be single than be with someone that I wouldn't be 100% in for the rest of my life. At least that's what I tell myself!

NFL Gaf is kinda a family anyway, we make fun of each other, call each other assholes, blaspheme about the Patriots, but at the end of the day I think we're all really good people looking to bullshit about the NFL.

Other things

Really sorry to hear about your mom dude. If you do end up doing a marathon and take donations for it, let me know, I'd be happy to put some money towards a great cause like that.

I have a great relationship with my mom and I can't imagine going through something like that, really hoping things work out.

And now that I know you're 6'5 240, I know that I'm going to type :kas while hiding under my desk.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
$30 for a 5 minute demo is totally insane. Hopefully it will be bundled with the full game when it comes out.

I'm sure it'll cost like $10 by the time Phantom Pain comes out.

There are loads of games this month...

DW8 PS4
FFX/X-2 for Vita
Infamous

Thankfully April looks light.

I'm sure it'll cost like $10 by the time Phantom Pain comes out.

There are loads of games this month...

DW8 PS4
FFX/X-2 for Vita
Infamous

Thankfully April looks light.
Haha, that April comment is so funny but I find myself thinking that all the time. It's an adult-life view of gaming. Sometimes I will look at a schedule of upcoming releases and breathe a sigh of relief when I don't see anything interesting in the near future.

Eleuin

Stay strong bros, my mom is a breast cancer survivor and I don't know how I'd be without her so early on..

Surprised there are actually any warriors series fans here lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Really sorry to hear about this weinke. Both my grandfathers died of cancer and I'm dreading the dead my parents start having major health problems.

As far as your divorce and everything, can't really speak to it, never been married, but I always felt like I'd rather be single than be with someone that I wouldn't be 100% in for the rest of my life. At least that's what I tell myself!

NFL Gaf is kinda a family anyway, we make fun of each other, call each other assholes, blaspheme about the Patriots, but at the end of the day I think we're all really good people looking to bullshit about the NFL.

Yeah that's what it comes down to...do I want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with me? That's a truth that applies to any relationship, not just marriage.

NFL GAF is basically a larger version of the show "the league". It's just that some of us are Andres (gata) and some of us are Ruxins (eznark). Cuevas is probably Taco.

ShaneB

My microsoft points finally converted into Dollars apparently. Its 110ish or something. Is there no gifting options or anything? Trying to figure out what to do with it. I believe I can buy disc copies of games and just resell those for cash I guess ?

rando14

My microsoft points finally converted into Dollars apparently. Its 110ish or something. Is there no gifting options or anything? Trying to figure out what to do with it. I believe I can buy disc copies of games and just resell those for cash I guess ?

Yeah I have a ton of points that got converted too.. Hmmm can I use it towards buying an x-bone?

Breer is reporting the DRC deal with the GIants is essentially a 1 year 10.75 million dollar deal with a 2.5 million dollar cap hit. He is able to be cut in year 2 without much hit.

1346512449841.jpg

eznark

Banned
So the drugs Irsay was found with are schedule IV scrips. Basically drugs considered not a big deal, shit like Xanax and Valium. He also wasn't drunk apparently.

Did isn't doing any time.

Raiders are cooking something serious.
The comeback starts this year, the rest of the NFL is going to be crying again.

GOOOO RAIDERRRRSSS!
It's gon feel so much good talking shit and boasting and bragging about them like an arrogant prick to the point that people are going to want to pick fights with me like I did when the Lakers were on a roll

rando14

So the drugs Irsay was found with are schedule IV scrips. Basically drugs considered not a big deal, shit like Xanax and Valium. He also wasn't drunk apparently.

Did isn't doing any time.

Lol just a crazy benzo addict I guess. He'll probably pay a hefty fine but agreed he won't do any time.

eznark

Banned

GOOOO RAIDERRRRSSS!
It's gon feel so much good talking shit and boasting and bragging about them like an arrogant prick to the point that people are going to want to pick fights with me like I did when the Lakers were on a roll

Oh god you're serious

GOOOO RAIDERRRRSSS!
The question is, will they make it past the Jags in the AFC Championship? That'll be the real test.

mr2xxx

Banned
Breer is reporting the DRC deal with the GIants is essentially a 1 year 10.75 million dollar deal with a 2.5 million dollar cap hit. He is able to be cut in year 2 without much hit.

1346512449841.jpg

That'll be a lot of dead money though. He's guaranteed 15 mill., If you cut him after the first year and at only 2.5 cap charge then the next year is 12.5 mill in dead money at the very least.

GOOOO RAIDERRRRSSS!

Always good to have more of the Nation here.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah that's what it comes down to...do I want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with me? That's a truth that applies to any relationship, not just marriage.

NFL GAF is basically a larger version of the show "the league". It's just that some of us are Andres (gata) and some of us are Ruxins (eznark). Cuevas is probably Taco.

Hey man reading your post was riugh for me. Just facing one or two things spread over time is beyond difficult, but sometimes everything happens all at once. Once you're through this it can and only will go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom