• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 11m
Source tells @TheRealDGunnCSN that 49ers, Patriots have called about DeSean Jackson. Here's more: http://goo.gl/fFELv5

Pats and 49ers checked in on Jackson.

*sets dick on fire

Superbowl!! Deal with it!

What the Hell? No way. This better not be true. I wouldn't trade Desean Jackson for anything less than what Seattle gave up for Percy Harvin. Desean has proven more in this league than Harvin and is much healthier. If they trade him for what amounts to a mid-round pick, I will be angry.

Jackson shouldn't be traded. Period.

So much this!

oh my god bill please get djax PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO GO GO

I didn't even want Jackson on the Patriots, but now I'd like to see it happen just for Yankee's reaction.

ibusKTNBdLyKL.gif

squicken

Squicken you might like this. They gave that thug Grossi a radio show that premieres tonight. It's called "hey Tony" airs at 6pm est in about 30 mins. Can stream it on the espn 850 website.......might tune in

http://cdn.niketalk.com/0/09/09a05f12_kobewat2.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

He had some column up yesterday where he ripped Holmgren for not putting offset language in Weeden's contract. Then he issued a correction the next day b/c the Browns had in fact included offset language. He definitely likes to rip people he doesn't like, and won't let the facts always get in the way of it. He's also oddly loyal to Hoyer. I wonder if he is a source

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Over past 3 seasons, Cam Newton has been sacked or hit while throwing or rushing 467 times, more than twice as many as any other QB.

I wonder what the number is over the past two years. Seems like RG3, and to a lesser extent Luck, have been hit a lot too, given they both run more than most

e: damn 504s

Dragon

Banned
Panthers need to trade either Charles Johnson or Greg Hardy to the Raiders. Clears some cap room and helps the Raiders get to the cap floor.

cdyhybrid

Welp, my faction is now comprised entirely of garbage players on PS2 now, I think all the good ones left for Titanfall or something. No more playing objectives, just going to farm kills from the air.

JABEE

Derrick Gunn said that the reason compensation would be so low for Jackson is that he is known as a player that "quit" on his team when he didn't get his contract.

Gunn also said the Eagles tried to move Jackson at last year's draft for a 2nd round pick. Gunn said no one bit at it and they moved off that price.

Gunn says Eagles would likely get a 3rd or even a 4th for him if they moved him.

Jackson was informed last week that the team wasn't shopping him, but that they are listening to offers.

Dragon

Banned
Derrick Gunn said that the reason compensation would be so low for Jackson is that he is known as a player that "quit" on his team when he didn't get his contract.

Gunn also said the Eagles tried to move Jackson at last year's draft for a 2nd round pick. Gunn said no one bit at it and they moved off that price.

Gunn says Eagles would likely get a 3rd or even a 4th for him if they moved him.

Jackson was informed last week that the team wasn't shopping him, but that they are listening to offers.

I'd trade a Vita for Jackson and a trainer to train him where the end zone starts.

JABEE

Sooooooo much salt
There's another Tom Brady fan on here? Also, I said this because Gunn also said that New England would be a good landing spot for Jackson because of Belichick's discipline and strong locker room.

No mention that Belichick harbors a murderer on his team because he was on of the best TEs in the league. Dirt bag who protected a serial killer.

Well we've got $7m and change in cap space.

So yeah, you're right.

If you guys are going to throw the towel in for a season anyway, I don't know why Getts doesn't gut the roster down to the bone, eat the dead money this season and come into FA next season with cash on hand ala the Raiders. That doesn't mean he has to make a massive splash but he can get pieces this year and next year in the draft and fill in holes as he builds the team. You have a strong front 7 and a QB. Two big pieces right there.

New Orleans Saints ‏@Saints 2m
Saints have signed WR Joe Morgan (@jmthegreat) to a one-year deal!

I don't even know that is and we can't sign him.

#wingT
#noWR
#partyinglikeits1949
#LombardiPlaybook2014

Duxxy3

I didn't even want Jackson on the Patriots, but now I'd like to see it happen just for Yankee's reaction.

Bill loves Desean.

I don't know exactly why, but he does.

And about Spikes... he was a shadow of his former self last season. He knew his time was up, and he just stopped giving a shit.

Bowser

If you guys are going to throw the towel in for a season anyway, I don't know why Getts doesn't gut the roster down to the bone, eat the dead money this season and come into FA next season with cash on hand ala the Raiders. That doesn't mean he has to make a massive splash but he can get pieces this year and next year in the draft and fill in holes as he builds the team. You have a strong front 7 and a QB. Two big pieces right there.

I don't think Getts is necessarily throwing in the towel on this season though. I mean yeah, we're down Gross and Smith, two stalwarts and very, very hard players to replace, but take a look at last year's FA signings:

Mike Mitchell, FS - 1 year, $1m
Tedd Ginn, WR - 1 year, $1.1m
Captain Munnerlyn, CB - 1 year, $1.1m
Dwan Edwards, DT - 2 years, $3.6m
Drayton Florence, CB - 1 year, $940k
Chase Blackburn, LB - 2 years $2m
Colin Cole, DT - 1 year, $840k
Travelle Wharton, OG - 1 year, $1.1m
Quintin Mikell, SS - 1 year, $1m

These guys all played crucial roles last year and were all had for peanuts. We got 9 significant contributors for ~$13m total. I think Getts feels like he can make these types of signings again late this week and if he hits on his draft picks, maybe we'll still be able to compete while in the midst of fixing the cap sheet.

edit:

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 25s
Via @HBalzer721, Giants CB Terrell Thomas visited the #Panthers today.

This would be a good signing akin to the above. His mentor is Thomas Davis IIRC.

Bill loves Desean.

I don't know exactly why, but he does.

And about Spikes... he was a shadow of his former self last season. He knew his time was up, and he just stopped giving a shit.

Spikes knew it was his last season before it started. Not attending a part of training camp and all to work out by himself and all that.

Dude played well on te field, for that I could miss him at times, but he's a Class A cunt off the field, so good riddance.

Also, him changing his Twitter bio from 'Hell on Earth' to 'Finally Free'. Classless fool

For Browns Gaf and Coldplay, our new Wr :)
Cool video
http://youtu.be/6EttS2b0uP0
Edit: also
Marc Sessler ‏ @ MarcSesslerNFL 1m
In 2012, @ gregcosell called Andrew Hawkins "the ideal slot receiver" with "great lateral quickness" # Browns http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-we...06717--nfl.html …

Hawkins is ours now/ Yay!

Watched the video. Kinda funny he'd want to come back after we didn't originally sign him like he said. Then again new regime and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom