• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
The salt is real in the Infamous review thread.

What I've learned from that thread:

Infamous has last gen gameplay (whatever this means)
Infamous is a B-tier series at best
At least people have moved on from bitching about scores, myself included.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hasn't it been getting decent reviews? Or is this another Uncharted type of overblown freakout?

80 meta. Which is what was probably expected I guess.

Some of the reviews are bizarre though, not talking about scores. I'm not sure what infamous and GTA have in common at all other than both being open world yet there are a fair amount of reviews trying to compare the two games. Or what exactly a "next gen" game is supposed to be in terms of gameplay.

They should have added robots or something.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So it's about the same scores as a game like Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider was great.

Were people expecting GTA scores or something?

Scores look pretty good to me. What's the issue?

There isn't one? The scores are generally good, indeed. They are about where I expected them. The only issue I have really is reviews knocking an InFamous game for being..well...InFamous. InFamous has never tried to be or provide the level of content of a Grand Theft Auto game. It's very much an action game (at times a linear one) in the trappings of an open world. If the direction of your review is to make that comparison (*cough* Eurogamer *cough*), you've already failed, IMO.

Outside of that, opinions are opinions. I don't agree with a big chuck of what Adam Sessler said in his review but he's certainly allowed to have that opinion. Even if I think he's crazy.;)

Infamous has last gen gameplay (whatever this means)
It means absolutely nothing of course. If you enjoyed the previous games in this series, you're going to love Second Son. It's the best of the bunch, IMO.

The day one patch looks killer, too. I can't wait to dive back in tomorrow for my evil run.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Has that hokahey guy ever posted in the NFL threads before? I'd think another Rams fan would stand out.

Sanjuro

That guy is really desperate to be the lone fan at Rams games. I wonder if they have adverts which are similar to "Rent out this movie theater".

I've been playing games for over 20 years, I don't need someone else to tell me what I like. People arguing over review scores is ridiculous.
Pretty much. Castlevania 2 reviews like shit, I bought it regardless because of how much I enjoyed the first. If I'm interested in game, reviews be damned.

Vyer

I played Infamous 1 and 2. Everything on the new game looked a lot like it was the same kind of stuff just with a very pretty coat of paint, so that's not surprising. I'd still get it if I had a PS4.

Sanjuro

Best Buy is having a sale on a bunch of team accessories! I'm actually in for a car/wall charger probably. Could always use a spare.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/116...ers-or-cases-for-select-iphone-and-ipod-touch

Fellow, Packers-Age. Get it while it's hot!

0cZ1BOo.jpg

MechDX

Hunter S.

So it's about the same scores as a game like Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider was great.

Were people expecting GTA scores or something?

Yeah, tomb Raider is great. I beat it on 360 and am now rebeating on PS3. My game of last year. Metascore people are just whiners, or they just want to brag about it being an exclusive. Basically, it is a waste of time like a Raiders fan.

Bread

Banned
I never loved the gameplay of Infamous, the controls are way too floaty and the shooting sucks. I'd probably still buy if I had a PS4 though.

Hunter S.

I never loved the gameplay of Infamous, the controls are way too floaty and the shooting sucks. I'd probably still buy if I had a PS4 though.
Well, he never is technically shooting it is not Call of Duty. Its appeal to me was always being an open world with a lot of mission variety. I might buy a PS4 for this game real soon.

MechDX

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo · 37m
Fresno QB Derek Carr vomited last night and went to the hospital for treatment and IVs, per source. But plans to go thru w pro day in full.

McNabb'ed.

Bread

Banned
Well, he never is technically shooting it is not Call of Duty. Its appeal to me was always being an open world with a lot of mission variety. I might buy a PS4 for this game real soon.
He's shooting fucking lightning bolts and shit out of his hands, I never said he was using a gun you hippie.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
orange Juice > apple juice but apple pie > orange pie.

I agree but...

Orange Sherbet > Apple Sherbet?

Orange flavored candy > Apple flavored candy

Orange soda > Apple soda

Clearly oranges are the winner here. You don't see poor immigrants selling apples on the side of the highway either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom