• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Sox

Now before yall call me a bandwagoner hear me out.

I've been with them since before Benedict Damon bailed. I saw Boone's shot in 03, the bloody sock and the Curse lifted in 04, the comeback to win the pennant against the Tribe in 07, the great September collapse of 2011, the Bobby V tragedy that was 2012 and of course

815056127.gif

The fact is, I don't have a big league club really near me except for the Braves (but everyone here roots for them, so fuck em) and I've always hated the Yankees, so I just went with their rival.

gross

Marriage is all about compromise. When I married my wife I made a deal; I would completely and totally hate the Patriots but like/be indifferent towards other Boston sports teams. Luckily I don't really care about any other sports!

Red Sox

I've been with them since before Benedict Damon bailed. I saw Boone's shot in 03, the bloody sock and the Curse lifted in 04, the comeback to win the pennant against the Tribe in 07, the great September collapse of 2011, the Bobby V tragedy that was 2012 and of course

815056127.gif

The fact is, I don't have a big league club really near me except for the Braves (but everyone here roots for them, so fuck em) and I've always hated the Yankees, so I just went with their rival.

One of the good ones

Konka

Banned
Watching grass grow>>Baseball>>Paint Drying>Ice Soccer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anime Bullshit

You forgot one.

Tom Penny

Red Sox

815056127.gif

At least you support my summer Tee

viva_800px-480x480.jpg

Syrinx

That game was amazing. St Louis was doing their best to give the game back to them as well.

Yeah thought the game would turn when Warren got that and-one in overtime, but he missed it. Both UConn and NC State showing how critical free throws can be in the tournament, on both sides of the coin.

LJ11

Fitz has made quite a living as an NFL QB.

He'll keep you in games long enough to rip your heart out with an int. It's hard to hate the guy though, because he really leaves it on the field.

MechDX

He'll keep you in games long enough to rip your heart out with an int. It's hard to hate the guy though, because he really leaves it on the field.

Lance z nailed the signing:

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein · 23m
@aring0628 won't have any bearing on that decision. The plan was always to sign a veteran.

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein · 24m
@aggiesteve94 no idea who stays. Solid bridge type QB.

LJ11

Lance z nailed the signing:

He's right about Fitz being a stop gap guy. That's what he always was, except for the Bills & Chan. I think they liked Fitz the man more than they did QB, loyalty can make people do dumb things, so Bills extended him.

He'll take punishment too, won't throw teammates under the bus, he's a good guy to have around.

He's right about Fitz being a stop gap guy. That's what he always was, except for the Bills & Chan. I think they liked Fitz the man more than they did QB, loyalty can make people do dumb things, so Bills extended him.

He'll take punishment too, won't throw teammates under the bus, he's a good guy to have around.

It's all those reasons I wanted the Raiders to sign him.

MechDX

Good vet to have around a rookie QB eh?

Still doesn't guarantee they take a QB at 1.1 though

LJ11

Good vet to have around a rookie QB eh?

Still doesn't guarantee they take a QB at 1.1 though

Fitz knows his role, not much of an ego, he'll help guys out. He'll do stupid shit in game, he's a moron in game, but he'll be a good guy to have on the sideline observing when the rook comes back to the bench.

Fox318

Fitz knows his role, not much of an ego, he'll help guys out. He'll do stupid shit in game, he's a moron in game, but he'll be a good guy to have on the sideline observing when the rook comes back to the bench.

Best Bills QB since Flutie.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Schoob always left it on the field...

Tears that is.

edit - oh and a piece of his ear in Denver!

edit- oh and his balls in Detroit!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Isn't that Schoob basically?

Ugh f this. Texans are gonna be shit for years again.

LJ11

Isn't that Schoob basically?

Ugh f this. Texans are gonna be shit for years again.

Sometimes you just need to start fresh, even if you are rehashing someone else's garbage. I mean the Bills signed Kolb. Why? Was he that much better than Fitz? No, they just wanted to dump the contract and bring in a new guy to play the bridge role. Sometimes an org just wants to cut ties with a player, even if that means making a lateral move.

You're too negative too soon, hard not to be negative, but just wait it out. Fitz isn't your long term answer, might not even be your short term answer, lots can happen over the course of the next few months.

Matrix

Sometimes you just need to start fresh, even if you are rehashing someone else's garbage. I mean the Bills signed Kolb. Why? Was he that much better than Fitz? No, they just wanted to dump the contract and bring in a new guy to play the bridge role. Sometimes an org just wants to cut ties with a player, even if that means making a lateral move.

You're too negative too soon, hard not to be negative, but just wait it out. Fitz isn't your long term answer, might not even be your short term answer, lots can happen over the course of the next few months.

True to everything you wrote. I guess I still haven't gotten over last season and it's making me unsure about everything.

I just want Schoob gone now... though I'm sure somehow he will pull a Jacoby Jones on us .____.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom