• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Only jersey I have is a Ty Law jersey.

Wm5ja9r.jpg

If I were to get a jersey nonthrowback it'd be Woodson (cause aside from Reece that's the only one worth getting and Reece may leave the team at some point).

Throwback it'd be a Jack Tatum fer sure.

I also bought my dad a Marcus Allen throwback a while ago.

squicken

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff
Asked multiple scouts who attended Derek Carr's pro day if he was a 1st rounder. All em answered yes

Good news for teams not looking QB

True to everything you wrote. I guess I still haven't gotten over last season and it's making me unsure about everything.

I just want Schoob gone now... though I'm sure somehow he will pull a Jacoby Jones on us .____.

Schoob is done. Nothing to worry about there. I think you just have to have your expectations in check. Team won't be a playoff team next year, but if the team is going in the right direction by the end of the year, it will be a good season. Jags started 0-8 but finished 4-4. The coaches took a bad roster and coached them up to win 4 games. I'm guessing Jags fans are about as happy as can be after a 4-12 year.

Red Sox

Now before yall call me a bandwagoner hear me out.

I've been with them since before Benedict Damon bailed. I saw Boone's shot in 03, the bloody sock and the Curse lifted in 04, the comeback to win the pennant against the Tribe in 07, the great September collapse of 2011, the Bobby V tragedy that was 2012 and of course

815056127.gif

The fact is, I don't have a big league club really near me except for the Braves (but everyone here roots for them, so fuck em) and I've always hated the Yankees, so I just went with their rival.

Bandwagoner.

squicken

Tony Pauline's podcast

Eric Ebron
-tough on the field
-very good player
-Giants really like Ebron
-most NFL people on pro day road show think he'll go NYG
-won't fall past PITT who also love him
-Reese kind of player but Couglin might not like personality
-high maintenance player
-me first personality
-prima donna rep amongst teammates
-blames others for failures

-Anthony Johnson of LSU could be next Sam Montgomery. Not sure of love of game

-Odell Beckham a diva. Doesn't like to practice or study game off the field
-Does play hard on gameday
-LSU is dumping on him to NFL teams
-If he slips in draft it's off the field, talent is clear first round

-Jarvis Landry the opposite
-Not as talented but coaches love him
-Think he will have Anquan Boldin career

squicken

Ugh I hate the NY media. No story, let's create one! If those guys are so plugged in, why did the team's website announce the signing of Colon? I know it is a low key signing, but it's something a media guy would put on Twitter if he had it

Bringing Revis back would have been dumb. Verner isn't a press CB, and Talib and Cro have troublesome injury histories and off field stuff. You'd could argue he screwed up the DRC contract, but it's worth noting that he is on his 4th team in a 7 year career. Why were all the other teams okay letting him go?

The Jets need to draft well. Last year was a fluke season; that's not an 8-8 roster. No reason to go spend money on high priced vets who will be in the way of rookie CBs who need to play to develop

Just finished reading the entire Infamous review thread....

Holy Shit!!! LOL

There are a lot of people talking about the Raiders taking Carr and it's making me very nervous

Red Sox

Now before yall call me a bandwagoner hear me out.

I've been with them since before Benedict Damon bailed. I saw Boone's shot in 03, the bloody sock and the Curse lifted in 04, the comeback to win the pennant against the Tribe in 07, the great September collapse of 2011, the Bobby V tragedy that was 2012 and of course

815056127.gif

The fact is, I don't have a big league club really near me except for the Braves (but everyone here roots for them, so fuck em) and I've always hated the Yankees, so I just went with their rival.

This is why you're my bestie.

what happened?

The thread is a graveyard of bannings. Plenty of crazies coming out and ranting about an anti-Sony conspiracy in the media to knock down Playstation exclusive review scores. The wackos had their talons out for Polygon before reviews came out, but then turned to Adam Sessler when Polygon gave it a good review.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fitz knows his role, not much of an ego, he'll help guys out. He'll do stupid shit in game, he's a moron in game, but he'll be a good guy to have on the sideline observing when the rook comes back to the bench.

I think he's exactly the kind of player that ends up having a better coaching career than playing career. No doubt he has a good enough mind for it.

Edit: expecting Polygon to give it a bad score is rational to some extent. A mass conspiracy by the entire industry? That's buttfumble dumb.

I want to get a new dolphins jersey but damn it I don't know who to get...only ones I would consider is Wake/Grimes/Hartline.
The last Dolphins jersey I got was Zach Thomas. Honestly a Wake jersey would be amazing, he's been the best player on the team every season he's been with them.

EDIT: A gift for everyone this fine morning:

nfl_g_thomas_576.jpg

-If he was cut, he'd sign with the Browns
-Raiders need to hit minimum cash spend, and he makes $11m
-If you pay a QB $10m+, he's your starter. Can't see them drafting a QB at 5
Agreed. You think they've got their eye on Mack? I'm sure they'd be ecstatic if Clowney fell to them.

The thread is a graveyard of bannings. Plenty of crazies coming out and ranting about an anti-Sony conspiracy in the media to knock down Playstation exclusive review scores. The wackos had their talons out for Polygon before reviews came out, but then turned to Adam Sessler when Polygon gave it a good review.
In all fairness, Adam Sessler has been terrible since the left G4. Probably even before them but I didn't notice.

squicken

Agreed. You think they've got their eye on Mack? I'm sure they'd be ecstatic if Clowney fell to them.

Reggie really likes size speed guys. Just don't think Clowney will be there. Robinson makes sense if he is there. Play him at guard for a year and have a very stout run blocking line.

effzee

Tony Pauline's podcast

-Jarvis Landry the opposite
-Not as talented but coaches love him
-Think he will have Anquan Boldin career

This is who the Eagles need bad. Avant was a great character guy in the locker room and the only guy not afraid to go across the middle thanks to his size and hands. He was our Boldin but obviously no where near talented.

We missed out on trading for and then signing Boldin a couple of times but I hope they pick up someone like Landry.

What round does he project to go in?

Ugh I hate the NY media. No story, let's create one! If those guys are so plugged in, why did the team's website announce the signing of Colon? I know it is a low key signing, but it's something a media guy would put on Twitter if he had it

Bringing Revis back would have been dumb. Verner isn't a press CB, and Talib and Cro have troublesome injury histories and off field stuff. You'd could argue he screwed up the DRC contract, but it's worth noting that he is on his 4th team in a 7 year career. Why were all the other teams okay letting him go?

The Jets need to draft well. Last year was a fluke season; that's not an 8-8 roster. No reason to go spend money on high priced vets who will be in the way of rookie CBs who need to play to develop

Manish Mehta is a known shit starter in NYC. He just throws a lot of theories, conspiracies, and rumors out just to get attention and stir the pot.

As long as the Jets aren't deluding themselves into thinking the team is any better than a rebuilding team, they should be fine. Use all the draft picks to infuse talent and get even younger. They do need maybe another weapon or two on offense to even see if Geno is the guy.

Jets or Panthers trading for DJAX makes the most sense since everyday now the rumors keep increasing that DJAX won't be back with the Eagles. Fucking sucks. I was about to buy his jersey for the baby too.

-If he was cut, he'd sign with the Browns
-Raiders need to hit minimum cash spend, and he makes $11m
-If you pay a QB $10m+, he's your starter. Can't see them drafting a QB at 5

Why not? Rookie QB contracts are nothing with the new CBA and even if they pay $11M to Shaub this year, there is no reason to keep him around for the following.

I think it makes the most sense to pick up a veteran, in this case Shaub, and then draft one of the QBs you really love.

Unless they don't like anybody in this draft and are holding out hope for Winston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom